IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell & Elissa Frost Got Married! - Part 2

happy atheist

Is it just me or does there not look like there are enough guests at the dinner to warrant all those seats?

I thought that too. I figure there are so many tables because they will be used for the wedding the next day. They just used the same space for the rehearsal. It did look like they had a nice amount of people at the wedding.

The cupcakes did look nice. Then again, I never turn down a cupcake. The fresh sunflowers are so pretty. You would think that they are too bright and colorful for the beige Maxwells.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was going to post the Beige Song by the Beige Brothers, but it's way too jazzy. :lol:

Yeah... the table of food made me want to go take a stool softener. :cussing:

Hmmm.... John went to pick sunflowers with Mary and "a friend?" Picking sunflowers doesn't sound too manly. Maybe it was an activity with Cathy-Jo, and Mary was chaperoning?

Ok. I'll admit the "You are my sunshine" board that Joseph made for Elissa and the notes he wrote to her were pretty sweet. They also looked happy and relaxed. Elissa looked even more radiant than on her wedding day. And they really, really seem to want to touch each other. Elissa looks comfortable with Joseph, which makes me happy. I liked that Joseph wrote a song for her.

Poor Sarah :(

"You are My Sunshine" is a 'popular' song not bluegrass or a hymn :naughty:

Poor Sarah wrote:

Then, John shared some great stories from the past, along with a bit of advice to Elissa.

But of course Poor Sarah doesn't share the stories or the advice. I wonder what they were, a retelling of Cheesepapergate or the time Stud John found out why Uriah's driving seat was vibrating?

Long time ago, the legendary broadcaster/commentator Paul Harvey asked, "When you hear a siren, do you say a little prayer for those involved?" Until that moment I didn't, but ever since, I have.

Paul Harvey was a Mormon, which doubtless would not meet with Steve's approval. Honestly, it doesn't meet with my own (FWIW, which is nothing), but Rowan's observations above mirrored my own. And it reminded me of the time the Maxwells woke to a flooding RV park, disconnected Uriah from its hookups, and proceeded as quietly as possible out of the park so as not to alert other campers of the impending major problems. And they blogged about it, rather proud of their slick and quiet escape.

Steve Maxwell is the opposite of a caring Christian.

Hang on, what?? Did they say why they left so quietly?

They'd a schedule to keep probably.

They're the Maxwells: places to go, people to meet, ceiling fans to dust. Gotta make sure you make the most of every fifteen minute block the good Lord sends.

Poor Sarah is in a seriously bad way. The last time she signed off "Joyfully His" was Sept 4th and that was followed by "Sarah for the rest". Anna has signed off as "Joyfully His" on a post since but Poor Sarah merely went for "Love, Sarah" and is now signing only "Sarah". I'm not writing tongue in cheek when I say that I think Sarah's heart is broken and I think she is genuinely depressed.

Knowing how Terri's Pepsi "addiction" was dealt with I wonder how Sarah, who has been brought up to expect only marriage and children, who has literally no friends, no choices, no money, no independence can possibly survive.

I don't doubt Sarah is depressed over Joseph's marriage.

She referred to him as our first reversal baby, after all.

I'm sure she took care of him at least as much as Teri did, maybe more.

Now he's all grown up and married. And she's still one of the children.

No surprise she's mentioned how much they miss him in several posts. I'm sure she feels his absence much more so than she felt Nathan's or Christopher's.

So they're allowed to know the words to "You are my sunshine" but can't know the words to "row row row your boat??"

Another example of Steve controlling... This song is ok but this song isn't, no reason, just more weird rules set up by cult leader Steve!

I love the sunflowers and aqua! But, I was wondering; is it common for a rehearsal dinner to have a "theme" different than the wedding? I just assumed the décor would match the wedding colors. Believe it or not, my question isn't snarky. My son eloped so I've never done the mother-of-the-groom thing.

I did notice how few places were set for the rehearsal dinner and I realized why my daughter's will be somewhat larger. Her fiancé's mother is expecting members of the wedding part to bring....gasp....DATES!

Does anybody else think there are more pictures of Sarah lately? It feels really creepy - like Steve has suddenly realized he needs to get men interested. It reminds me of people who put pictures on Facebook of things they need to sell. I guess Steve thinks some Godly middle aged man is going to think Sarah is pretty and contact him to start negotiations. I feel so SO bad for her. Steve has destroyed that poor woman.

I love the sunflowers and aqua! But, I was wondering; is it common for a rehearsal dinner to have a "theme" different than the wedding? I just assumed the décor would match the wedding colors. Believe it or not, my question isn't snarky. My son eloped so I've never done the mother-of-the-groom thing.

I did notice how few places were set for the rehearsal dinner and I realized why my daughter's will be somewhat larger. Her fiancé's mother is expecting members of the wedding part to bring....gasp....DATES!

Most rehearsal dinners I've been to went with the general theme and level of formality of the wedding but not necessarily the wedding colors. Like if it was an autumn wedding, the rehearsal dinner had gourds in the centerpieces and autumnal colors, not necessarily just the two that were the colors for the wedding. My brother and sister-in-law had a beach wedding. Since my mom hates party planning (and I'm bossy...) I planned the rehearsal dinner. It was at a beachfront restaurant and the invitations were in the wedding color of Tiffany blue, but the tables themselves had champagne colored tablecloths and seahorse placecards. I cannot for the life of me remember what floral arrangements I ordered, something tropical but I didn't consult what flowers the bride was using the next day (but this could have been a total faux pas on my part now that I think about it :? ).

Considering it's the Maxwells, I'm just impressed the colors weren't vanilla and toast with chick tracks and KJVs for the centerpieces.

I think Kansas might require a naming

Yep. The Mahers were homeschooled as well as the Maxwells. Of course the Mahers were allowed to go to reall colleges afterward.

Most of the pictures from Melanie and Nathan's wedding are still available here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20020607063 ... ures-1.htm

https://web.archive.org/web/20021021133 ... ures-2.htm

https://web.archive.org/web/20020607065 ... ures-3.htm

https://web.archive.org/web/20020607065 ... ures-4.htm

Overall the pictures are quite normal looking and Nathan and Melanie both seem very happy. It's interesting though to look back and see how unhappy Sarah looks in these pictures. She looks like she's giving Mel's sister Anna the stink eye in a picture on page 2.

And of course there the uncomfortable picture of Melanie's mom with Steve and Teri on page 3.

"You are My Sunshine" is a 'popular' song not bluegrass or a hymn :naughty:

How did Joseph even know the words? I can only think of three possibilities (describing them from Steve's POV here):

Elissa recently taught them to him, in which case she is an evil influence turning him towards singing songs of praise for her, instead of God.

Steve and Teri sang it (first verse only -- none of that "I dreamed I held you in my arms" filth!) with words when the kids were little, but changed "dear" to "LORD" (must be all caps, y'know), which means Joseph chose to turn his attention from God to Elissa.

Joseph somehow learned the words years ago, while standing on the street corner tryin' out cubebs and re-buttoning his knickerbockers below the knee (thank you Meredith Willson), in which case he has always been a wild wastrel.

That boy is going straight to Hell -- straight to Hell, I tell ya!

Wow, Melanie was very skinny! I mean, I wouldn't consider her fat now, but back then she was tiny in comparison.

And Sarah looks like she's really annoyed. I wonder why.

Sarah does not look happy standing next to Melanie's sister in those old pictures at all.

And why did Teri feel the need to point out the age of all of her children (or adult children, in the case of Christopher and Sarah) in those pictures?

It's really depressing to think it's been 12 years since those pictures were taken and Sarah's life is almost exactly the same. I think the Moody books are the only real difference.

It's really depressing to think it's been 12 years since those pictures were taken and Sarah's life is almost exactly the same. I think the Moody books are the only real difference.

Yeah :(

In 2002 I was in my last year of highschool. I lived at home, but had my own kitchen and bathroom and floor to myself. I had parties with *gasp* alcohol and had *shock* sex... Since then, I have had jobs in many different settings, including in leadership roles (as a female born person!) and in 'masculine' sectors like tech support and security. I went to a *horror* University and *faint* lived with another person outside of marriage. More recently, I moved so far from the street I grew up on, if I moved much farther I'd be getting closer on account of the Earth being round.

I can not imagine how dull and depressing Sarah's life must be. It makes ME depressed just thinking about it!

EDIT: Watch out for the new Titus2 blog post where Sarah talks about how Many Blessings she has in her Wonderful Life (Even though she probably doesn't know what that is, since movies are of the devil, or something)

How did Joseph even know the words? I can only think of three possibilities (describing them from Steve's POV here):

Elissa recently taught them to him, in which case she is an evil influence turning him towards singing songs of praise for her, instead of God.

Steve and Teri sang it (first verse only -- none of that "I dreamed I held you in my arms" filth!) with words when the kids were little, but changed "dear" to "LORD" (must be all caps, y'know), which means Joseph chose to turn his attention from God to Elissa.

Joseph somehow learned the words years ago, while standing on the street corner tryin' out cubebs and re-buttoning his knickerbockers below the knee (thank you Meredith Willson), in which case he has always been a wild wastrel.

That boy is going straight to Hell -- straight to Hell, I tell ya!

Oh, bless you, Thoughtful, for adding some "Music Man" sunshine to my day! "First - medicinal wine from a teaspoon, then BEER from a BOTTLE!"

[bBvideo 560,340:2y68obgz]

[/bBvideo]

So they're allowed to know the words to "You are my sunshine" but can't know the words to "row row row your boat??"

Another example of Steve controlling... This song is ok but this song isn't, no reason, just more weird rules set up by cult leader Steve!

You are my sunshine is downright blasphemous. It says that the person is the narrator's "only sunshine" implying that he or she is making an idol of it. Unless the board is about Jesus. That's it, it must be about Jesus and not Elissa.

Yep. The Mahers were homeschooled as well as the Maxwells. Of course the Mahers were allowed to go to reall colleges afterward.

Most of the pictures from Melanie and Nathan's wedding are still available here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20020607063 ... ures-1.htm

https://web.archive.org/web/20021021133 ... ures-2.htm

https://web.archive.org/web/20020607065 ... ures-3.htm

https://web.archive.org/web/20020607065 ... ures-4.htm

Overall the pictures are quite normal looking and Nathan and Melanie both seem very happy. It's interesting though to look back and see how unhappy Sarah looks in these pictures. She looks like she's giving Mel's sister Anna the stink eye in a picture on page 2.

And of course there the uncomfortable picture of Melanie's mom with Steve and Teri on page 3.

I wonder why Steve's dad Paul Bargar wasn't in the pictures. Was he not invited?

Why does everyone in those pictures look like they are from the 1970s? I feel bad for Teri because she has really aged in 12 years, way more than she should have. Sarah look so young and fresh faced.

I'm going to guess the main dish at the rehearsal dinner was pans of enchiladas since Mexican food is their go-to exciting meal.

So nearly every pic with Elissa's family only shows them from the back. I wonder if they don't want to be shown or if it's the Maxwell's way of once again making everything about them. You know they don't consider Elissa's family part of their family.

And the pic of Joseph and Elissa standing by the table- he standing there with his arms crossed over his chest. Really? She's turned towards him and he's just standing toward the camera with that smug look on his face. Now I'm not snarking on her because I know nothing about her, but I wonder if her stance with one arm hanging down and the other crossed over on top if it is just her normal stance or her way of stopping herself from touching him.

Why does everyone in those pictures look like they are from the 1970s? I feel bad for Teri because she has really aged in 12 years, way more than she should have. Sarah look so young and fresh faced.

I'm gonna go with long hair, no make-up. It used to be that natural was an in-style thing to be.

Being married to Steve has got to age a woman. And he's gotten even more extreme in the 12 years since those pics were taken.

I've heard the argument that the reason that presidents and other leaders look so much worse for wear after a term or two in office isn't so much because of the stress of the job as much as because people at that stage in their lives system were they're appearance changes quite quickly. Maybe that argument holds here as well.

And on a totally shallow note, Teri does herself no favours by having her hair cut in a long bob. She looks much better with her hair off her face.

Archived