IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell & Elissa Frost Got Married! - Part 2

happy atheist

Does the Maxwell family not kiss at weddings? There is no picture of the kiss, which is just odd to me. I am wondering if they consider kissing in public some sort of unrighteous behavior like dancing, or if they don't believe in photographing such PDA. I would not be surprised with this family, I just think its weird to not see a kiss picture, especially when so many fundies are ALL ABOUT the the first kiss.

I'm pretty sure they're just stringing it out for attention/hits. We'll get the triumphant first kiss some time in the next month, probably just before the coy hints about the inevitable pregnancy.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I noticed when Sarah talked about the families working out the details of the wedding she mentioned the dads, nothing about the moms.

Do women have any importance at all in this lifestyle? Never mind, I know the answer, unfortunately.

I caught that too. I am surprised that Elissa was allowed to be involved. Maybe the menfolk just humored Elissa and let her think she had decision making power.

Sarah wearing the bow doesn't bother me. I have a friend in her late 30s that wears pigtails sometimes to games, or to the beach or just as a weekend thing and she has a professional job. It doesn't make her juvenile, it is just something she likes. For all we know, Sarah may like wearing bows because it is the only bit of individuality she is allowed to have.

I'm pretty sure they're just stringing it out for attention/hits. We'll get the triumphant first kiss some time in the next month, probably just before the coy hints about the inevitable pregnancy.

Nate and Mel did. Teri had to write about how they saved their first kiss for the wedding and when the big moment came Nate "tenderly put one hand on each of Mel's cheeks and kissed her". Blegh!

You know, with the big shebang these folks make about not kissing until they're married, if *I* were one of them, there's no way I'd share my first-ever kiss with a freaking audience. It reminds me of those royal weddings in the 1500s where "putting the couple to bed" was a big ceremonial thing. I always wondered whether the spectators wished they could hang around and watch the deed being done.

Terri wouldn't be able to make a decision without Steve rubber stamping it if her life depended on it. Elissa's mother is an Italian-American woman who allowed herself to get sucked into the submissive helpmeet lifestyle. A disgrace to every right thinking Italian American woman on the Eastern Seaboard. Was there any point in asking them their opinion about anything, much less wedding details?

You know, with the big shebang these folks make about not kissing until they're married, if *I* were one of them, there's no way I'd share my first-ever kiss with a freaking audience. It reminds me of those royal weddings in the 1500s where "putting the couple to bed" was a big ceremonial thing. I always wondered whether the spectators wished they could hang around and watch the deed being done.

I had this conversation with my best friend this summer. We both have teenagers, and were talking about all of the churchianity stuff I've been rethinking since separating from my husband. Things like modesty (what does that even mean, anyway?).

She mentioned that she'd love it if her daughters saved their first kiss for their wedding day, because she thought it seemed romantic and sweet, and special for their husbands (she would have the same reaction if she had sons, btw, and she is not QF or more than fundie-lite).

Since I've already been less conservative than she is, I didn't want to open that can of worms too soon, so instead I just explained that if it were me, I wouldn't want my first kiss to be in front of a whole room of people. She actually could really relate to that, and it got her rethinking some things.

The wedding posts were interesting but what caught my attention was the September 16th one - they were going somewhere and had a long delay due to a car accident.

That a lane was blocked off and by the stuff in the road, it looks like it was a bad one. You would think that such Christian people would have some concern or care about the people involved, maybe even pray for them and for the responders that were taking care of them? My immediate family doesn't even believe in God but our thoughts always go to those people when seeing a bad accident or an ambulance or fire truck.....oh wait, it's the Maxwells - we're all going to die anyway, so why care about what happens before that? :?

Long time ago, the legendary broadcaster/commentator Paul Harvey asked, "When you hear a siren, do you say a little prayer for those involved?" Until that moment I didn't, but ever since, I have.

Paul Harvey was a Mormon, which doubtless would not meet with Steve's approval. Honestly, it doesn't meet with my own (FWIW, which is nothing), but Rowan's observations above mirrored my own. And it reminded me of the time the Maxwells woke to a flooding RV park, disconnected Uriah from its hookups, and proceeded as quietly as possible out of the park so as not to alert other campers of the impending major problems. And they blogged about it, rather proud of their slick and quiet escape.

Steve Maxwell is the opposite of a caring Christian.

Dorothy (Morton) Sanders wedding where they used parasols to hide it will always be a genius idea to me. Right there and yet private as well.

Long time ago, the legendary broadcaster/commentator Paul Harvey asked, "When you hear a siren, do you say a little prayer for those involved?" Until that moment I didn't, but ever since, I have.

Paul Harvey was a Mormon, which doubtless would not meet with Steve's approval. Honestly, it doesn't meet with my own (FWIW, which is nothing), but Rowan's observations above mirrored my own. And it reminded me of the time the Maxwells woke to a flooding RV park, disconnected Uriah from its hookups, and proceeded as quietly as possible out of the park so as not to alert other campers of the impending major problems. And they blogged about it, rather proud of their slick and quiet escape.

Steve Maxwell is the opposite of a caring Christian.

good grief! that's terrible. Most campers would be knocking on their neighbors' doors and helping them load up folding chairs or other stuff outside. It wouldn't rise too fast for everyone to slowly drive out. It's not like RVs can stampede. :lol:

Dorothy (Morton) Sanders wedding where they used parasols to hide it will always be a genius idea to me. Right there and yet private as well.

Something like this would have been cute for a fall wedding: (photo from the Arndt's photography blog) arndtphotography.com/photo-collections/

post-10046-14451999445879_thumb.jpg

Something like this would have been cute for a fall wedding: (photo from the Arndt's photography blog) arndtphotography.com/photo-collections/

[attachment=0]modesty leaf.jpg[/attachment]

Okay, that's really stinkin' cute. Funny, I always thought of a "modesty leaf" as an Adam and Eve cod piece, of sorts, lol.

Poor Sarah's bow reminds me of Sally Rogers, Rose Marie's character from the old Dick van Dyke show, who always wore a little bow in her hair. (It was actually a Rose Marie thing but I associate it with the character.) Sally was an accomplished woman in a man's field no less, but was desperate for a husband and therefore, never as happy as she should have been (it was the early 60s so we couldn't have her totally happy with her life, now could we?) It definitely infantalized the character somewhat, as it infantalizes Sarah. At least Sally's bow was black with a touch of sophistication. Sarah's, not so much.

dpjyx0.jpg

Yes, the Maxwells kiss at their weddings. C&A's was the most unromantic kiss I've ever seen. When Christopher kissed Anna for the first time, it was the kind of kiss I expect to get from my son when he's a teenager and roped into giving me a kiss before he leaves the house to go out with friends. A quick, uninterested peck. Anna looked so underwhelmed!

Yes, the Maxwells kiss at their weddings. C&A's was the most unromantic kiss I've ever seen. When Christopher kissed Anna for the first time, it was the kind of kiss I expect to get from my son when he's a teenager and roped into giving me a kiss before he leaves the house to go out with friends. A quick, uninterested peck. Anna looked so underwhelmed!

Well, but look at all the other photos of her on her wedding day. She was so nervous and uncomfortable and looked like she would almost rather be anywhere else but onstage. It was probably very hard for her to put herself out there for all to see at what was (up to that point) that most intimate few hours of her life. I felt sorry for her, really. She's since really become a beautiful and comfortable companion to him, but I don't think she was comfortable at all that day.

More rehearsal dinner pic's. What are they serving? I see baked potatoes, rolls, raw veggies, but what are those large trays??? It looks like something covered in melted cheese. (Hope they took the cheese wrappers off first. ;) ) Most people serve some sort of meat or fish with baked potatoes. But, well, these are *the Maxwells*.....

I find all these pic's of Joe and Elissa that look like the are touching quite amusing. It's almost like they don't want to admit they don't touch until after they are wed. One pic looks like Joe's arm is touching her boob... :shock:

Perhaps those are green bean, or broccoli, casseroles? I thought I saw a cold cut--perhaps turkey--on someone's plate.

I like the sunflowers.

More rehearsal dinner pic's. What are they serving? I see baked potatoes, rolls, raw veggies, but what are those large trays??? It looks like something covered in melted cheese. (Hope they took the cheese wrappers off first. ;) ) Most people serve some sort of meat or fish with baked potatoes. But, well, these are *the Maxwells*.....

I find all these pic's of Joe and Elissa that look like the are touching quite amusing. It's almost like they don't want to admit they don't touch until after they are wed. One pic looks like Joe's arm is touching her boob... :shock:

It looks to me like maybe chicken breast or cuts of turkey in some sort of beige sauce...

It looks to me like maybe chicken breast or cuts of turkey in some sort of beige sauce...

was going to post the Beige Song by the Beige Brothers, but it's way too jazzy. :lol:

So I'm not sure if this needed it's own thread or not, but Joesph and Elissa's nuptials got me thinking about Nathan and Melanie's wedding. I was hoping to find pictures (it's pretty sparse out there), but I did come across this little jewel.

http://www.tonganoxiemirror.com/news/20 ... ermaxwell/

It's a wedding announcement from a local newspaper. What I found interesting though was the section at the bottom. It says Melanie graduated from Joshua Academy and Nathan graduated from Flowing Streams Christian School. Am I missing something here? I thought all of the precious Maxwell kid's were graduated homeschoolers. Did one or two slip through the cracks?

So I'm not sure if this needed it's own thread or not, but Joesph and Elissa's nuptials got me thinking about Nathan and Melanie's wedding. I was hoping to find pictures (it's pretty sparse out there), but I did come across this little jewel.

http://www.tonganoxiemirror.com/news/20 ... ermaxwell/

It's a wedding announcement from a local newspaper. What I found interesting though was the section at the bottom. It says Melanie graduated from Joshua Academy and Nathan graduated from Flowing Streams Christian School. Am I missing something here? I thought all of the precious Maxwell kid's were graduated homeschoolers. Did one or two slip through the cracks?

I've heard of home schoolers naming their school. I imagine all of the Maxwells graduated from Flowing Streams Christian School.

Is it just me or does there not look like there are enough guests at the dinner to warrant all those seats?

I spy Cathie-Jo Demcak in the 2nd to last photo, blue frumper, her back to the camera. She looks a lot like Anna-Marie from behind.

I've heard of home schoolers naming their school. I imagine all of the Maxwells graduated from Flowing Streams Christian School.

I think Kansas might require a naming

If you google "Flowing Streams Christian School," you get Maxwell family wedding announcements and FJ posts. :D

It's just their homeschool.

Archived