IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell & Elissa Frost Got Married! - Part 2

happy atheist

I don't read all the threads here, so I'll take your word for it. I still am not going to get too upset over someone posting they are sitting outside the house of someone that puts their entire life out on the WORLD WIDE WEB. If they posted they were standing at the window taking pictures or putting a sack of dogshit on the front porch, then it's a problem.

Driving by a person's house is not illegal or stalking or even harassment. Ask Kate Gosselin or any other marginally famous person. Heck, take a look behind the news cameras after they have given out the address of a crime scene sometime.

We have no idea if they were actually sitting outside the house or not. It could be someone that lives in that area and took a short detour over to look at what their house really looks like. As long as they aren't actively bothering the residents they are not really doing anything wrong and I doubt people would even notice. I live on a cul-de-sac and people that have no business on my street drive on it and use it as a turn around regularly. I don't think it's people coming to get me, even with my little "friend" out there giving out my personal info to anyone that will listen.

It's not something I'd do or suggest doing, but it's part of the price of "celebrity" in this day and age. I would not be surprised if we found out that when fundies were in the area *they* drove by to see what Maxhell looked like.

And the person could have just been making it up for attention. I remember it because it was around when I first came out of lurking- that may have even been the catalyst to create an account or post. I disagree on an ethical level, but I will not deny I was totally curious and would have been tempted myself!

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My big issue with Chris and his wedding criteria is it's not even his wedding and he is trying to call the shots. Who the hell does he think he is?

I don't have an issue with it. The whole thing is an agenda. He's not calling the shots. He's saying what he will and will not do in his business model. Plenty of businesses do that. My husband has his own business and has criteria for the jobs he takes. He has an agenda with that, too. Christopher's just happens to be a religious agenda; my husband's has more to do with not driving to far for too little money and not working for people he dislikes.

Do you think he makes his customers send him photos of the bride's and bridesmaids' dresses ahead of time so he can personally confirm their modesty? He doesn't seem like the type who would just take their word for it.

What I don't understand is how Chris feels comfortable taking pics in the brides dressing room of bride/bridesmaids getting hair done and all those final touches. Seems like he might accidentally see some calf or shoulder or something. And just the thought of it being the dressing room and surrounded by females. Or do you think Sarah or another female second shooter takes those shots?

It really is just plain dumb. If he gets a request that he can't, with his over-active daddy dearest conscience, allow himself to photo then he should just claim scheduling conflicts or something PC. And it wouldn't be a lie, he could schedule cabinet polishing, sock drawer organizing, feeding the hog, doing the laundry, washing the car... in that time slot. :roll:

I'm actually glad he's upfront about his bigotry. Shine the light of day on the beliefs of these fundie fools, I say. The more people they turn off, the better.

:penguin-no:

Do you think he makes his customers send him photos of the bride's and bridesmaids' dresses ahead of time so he can personally confirm their modesty? He doesn't seem like the type who would just take their word for it.

If a couple sees the criteria and still think it's a good idea to hire Chris Maxwell, then they probably come from the same strict religious background. I bet if a couple contacts him, he probably puts the criteria in the initial reply just in case they didn't see it. If the couple still wants to hire him, then it's a safe bet that manly-yet-innocent Chris won't be defrauded at the event.

(I definitely see what you're saying, though. He probably doesn't completely take their word for it and wishes he could request pics beforehand. He probably steps in the door with trepidation, ready to shield his eyes and run away (in a manly fashion) chanting bible verses.)

My big issue with Chris and his wedding criteria is it's not even his wedding and he is trying to call the shots. Who the hell does he think he is?

He's a MAXWELL. He is speshul. He is a snowflake of Jesus. You can tell this is not actually a way to make a living because most wedding photogs try to point out how versatile and easy to work with they are on their website, and he does the opposite.

Looking at the wedding photos on Christopher's site, I noticed he's done a couple of Wissmann weddings. It made me jump on the idle speculation bus about potential Maxwell/Wissmann courtships. Elizabeth Wissmann is about 24, and according to her bio on the family site, she likes cleaning, planning and scheduling. Maybe a good match for John?

Of course, the Wissmann girls do occasionally wear pants and have f*n.

I don't have an issue with it. The whole thing is an agenda. He's not calling the shots. He's saying what he will and will not do in his business model. Plenty of businesses do that. My husband has his own business and has criteria for the jobs he takes. He has an agenda with that, too. Christopher's just happens to be a religious agenda; my husband's has more to do with not driving to far for too little money and not working for people he dislikes.

I am guessing that Christopher has been contacted by couples who don't meet his criteria only to have him tell them he can't take the job. Putting the criteria on his site minimizes that and seems reasonable to me to list his requirements upfront. If he really wants to decline photo gigs because of his requirements and direct it to other photographers, that is his business.

Looking at the wedding photos on Christopher's site, I noticed he's done a couple of Wissmann weddings. It made me jump on the idle speculation bus about potential Maxwell/Wissmann courtships. Elizabeth Wissmann is about 24, and according to her bio on the family site, she likes cleaning, planning and scheduling. Maybe a good match for John?

Of course, the Wissmann girls do occasionally wear pants and have f*n.

Oh no, the Wissmans are way too fun and wordly for the Maxwells. The girls are allowed to run in marathons for more than just exercise!!

Sarah must surely be wondering why Steve can't find any families with eligible thirty-something men who would let them park Uriah on their lot at a conference stop. And Christopher first encountered NR Anna at one of their conferences, right?

But I guess there would be no real reason for an unmarried guy in Sarah's general age range to be hanging out at a conference. Unless he was a widower with young kids.

I have an alternate theory about the surprise wedding. Since the Maxwells are celebrities of the fundi world they could have just been trying to keep the wedding small. Having the wedding broadcast over the internet could have led to a lot of their "friends" trying to get an invite or simply showing up uninvited. Since it did take place in a church they really couldn't have stopped people from showing up for the ceremony. It may not have been just to keep us away, but to keep their followers away too.

I have an alternate theory about the surprise wedding. Since the Maxwells are celebrities of the fundi world they could have just been trying to keep the wedding small. Having the wedding broadcast over the internet could have led to a lot of their "friends" trying to get an invite or simply showing up uninvited. Since it did take place in a church they really couldn't have stopped people from showing up for the ceremony. It may not have been just to keep us away, but to keep their followers away too.

I really don't think they are "celebrities" in the fundie world.... There following has been declining over the years. Just look at the number of comments. The number of them has dropped quite a bit over the years. There "conferences" seem to attract maybe around 100 people. I'll bet many of those attended because it was sponsored by their church/friend/family and have not heard of them before. Remember the blog post, what a year ago, where they had a big family "meeting/ brainstorming session". They "branded" the Energize name and started posting things like "selfies"...

Chris wedding (and Nat's) were both blogged about prior and no body uninvited showed up.

Christopher's criteria for weddings he will accept are not as stringent as I thought. For example....

Dear Chris,

I'd really like you to photograph an upcoming wedding and am pleased to confirm it meets your three criteria.

No alcohol - no problem here Chris; a friendly dealer will be supplying all guests with better options so no booze necessary.

Modest dress for bride and bridesmaids - this is easy in this case since there are no brides or bridesmaids! One of the grooms is wearing a slightly risqué dress and the other may strip down a bit if his rubber and leather outfit gets too hot, but since you say only brides and bridesmaids are expected to be modest we are fine here.

No dancing - the reception is being held at a local bath house and the focus will be on activities other than dancing. Hopefully you can get some great pictures.

Thanks.

Alternative Wedding Organisers, Sin Road, Liberaltown, Nr. Hell

:lol:

Welcome -- I love your posting moniker!

I've always wondered what would happen if someone said they fit his criteria, sent him links to pics of the dresses, etc., and he showed up to find them in strapless gowns (and with a bar and dance floor set up in the reception area, if it was on-site).

Of course, I can't imagine why anyone would do that, so I assume it would never happen.

:lol:

Welcome -- I love your posting moniker!

I've always wondered what would happen if someone said they fit his criteria, sent him links to pics of the dresses, etc., and he showed up to find them in strapless gowns (and with a bar and dance floor set up in the reception area, if it was on-site).

Of course, I can't imagine why anyone would do that, so I assume it would never happen.

He'd walk away with their deposit because he'd know he'd been made a fool and then the couple wouldn't have any "professional" photos. I could see him just walking away.

I really don't think they are "celebrities" in the fundie world.... There following has been declining over the years. Just look at the number of comments. The number of them has dropped quite a bit over the years. There "conferences" seem to attract maybe around 100 people. I'll bet many of those attended because it was sponsored by their church/friend/family and have not heard of them before. Remember the blog post, what a year ago, where they had a big family "meeting/ brainstorming session". They "branded" the Energize name and started posting things like "selfies"...

Chris wedding (and Nat's) were both blogged about prior and no body uninvited showed up.

One thing, if they were truly celebrities amongst the fundies (not like the Duggars or Bates who also have mainstream fans) they probably would have married off Sarah by now. Because they would meet and get to know lots more fundies who would be flocking to their conferences dog and pony show. There would probably have been a suitor amongst them who would be oh so anxious to marry into the famous, godly family Maxhell and would make sure he met Steveovah's requirements. I am sure Sarah has had interested suitors but with the insular life she leads, courtesy of dear old Dad, makes her opportunities to have met (and meet) eligible men a lot more limited.

Oh no, the Wissmans are way too fun and wordly for the Maxwells. The girls are allowed to run in marathons for more than just exercise!!

True, true. :) Although, the Wissmanns install farm irrigation systems, which could potentially be a good partnership for John's irrigation planning business. And we know how Stevie feels about money (what with endorsing the worldly Duggars)... Definitely a stretch, but you never know!

Do you think, though? Elizabeth and Anna Sophia Botkin are definitely fundie celebrities and they're still unmarried.

Yes, but the Botkinettes and their ovaries belong to Daddy Geoff. :penguin-no:

Sorry but I am laughing at the concept of "fundie celebrities" in the context of the typical celebrity gossip magazine. I can just imagine the frumpers in "who wore it best?"

True, true. :) Although, the Wissmanns install farm irrigation systems, which could potentially be a good partnership for John's irrigation planning business. And we know how Stevie feels about money (what with endorsing the worldly Duggars)... Definitely a stretch, but you never know!

Yeah, and one of the Wissmann daughters lives in Kansas. It's definitely not the craziest pairing I can imagine.

I would guess that Christopher Maxwell makes it very clear what weddings he will and will not shoot to avoid being sued. Haven't some wedding businesses been sued for refusing to participate in gay weddings?

No Catholic weddings for sure. Only Baptists and other fundamentalists.

Clearly they do not know where they are going to go when they die.

Part 3 of 'The Day Before' is up, it covers the rehearsal of the ceremony.

Some thoughts:

- The part with the little helicopter. I was thinking, yeah that actually is really cute.

"But he didn't do that on 'the day.'"

Oh... nevermind.

- Sarah, the bow has got to go. You're a grown-ass woman, take ownership of that.

- In the 'Ruthie with Friends' pic, the little boy in the blue plaid shirt looking at the camera looks like the same one from the ice cream party post making the cute scrunchie face. They must be very good friends of the Maxwells :shrug:

EDIT: added a hyphen where it was desperately needed

Sarah is just asking for someone to create a meme with this rehearsal-2011.jpg

The helicopter thing surprised me, as I did not know Maxwells could be creative.

Archived