IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell & Elissa Frost Got Married! - Part 2

happy atheist

Teri and Steve spent hours (if not days) working out a seating plan so the servers would not have to ask about soft drinks. Why that was so important is anyone's guess. Probably people asking would have delayed the schedule and/or the mere mention of Pepsi would have sent Teri into DT, as kpmom says.

Unfortunately, the catering company (probably because they thought the plan was utter crap, but in Maxhell Teri decides it was because they were Hispanic) ditched the soft drink seating chart.

The details are buried in here: titus2.com/wedding/nathan-melanie.html

(Why do we criticize Poor Sarah's and Mary's writing? Teri can't write herself out of a paper bag and she taught them.)

I tried that link and got redirected to the Titus2 homepage.

:greetings-waveyellow: Hi Steve!

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried that link and got redirected to the Titus2 homepage.

:greetings-waveyellow: Hi Steve!

I did too initially, you have to add the www back in. Steve clearly knows we're the ones who use broken links.

I did too initially, you have to add the www back in. Steve clearly knows we're the ones who use broken links.

Ah, thanks. I thought Steve might have seen we were snarking on it and (re)moved it.

Ah, thanks. I thought Steve might have seen we were snarking on it and (re)moved it.

I think he changed it to make it harder for us to find specific posts, for sure, but we possess problem solving skills and can figure our way around his "roadblock". We are persistent ebil ones...

The thing about the Sprite vs. Pepsi: Anyone with a brain would have done what the servers did. I mean, what if someone decided on a Sprite instead of a Pepsi at the last minute?

The "dismissing people row by row" seems to be some kind if local alternative to the receiving line.

Does Elissa Frost make anyone else think of Frozen? Can someone direct me to where we found out her name? I stopped reading the old thread and when I got back to it, it was 40 pages long and I didn't feel like flipping through every page in the thread.

Does Elissa Frost make anyone else think of Frozen? Can someone direct me to where we found out her name? I stopped reading the old thread and when I got back to it, it was 40 pages long and I didn't feel like flipping through every page in the thread.

Page 15 on that thread. Look for a post by Kylolo.

Probably the best first post ever on JF - to say nothing of inspired sleuthing!

I think he changed it to make it harder for us to find specific posts, for sure, but we possess problem solving skills and can figure our way around his "roadblock". We are persistent ebil ones...

I had noticed this too and figured out a way around it as well. Isn't it nice to have critical thinking skills? :D

I had noticed this too and figured out a way around it as well. Isn't it nice to have critical thinking skills? :D

It is! I got them from the evil public school and my horrible liberal arts college!

Part 2 of the courtship is up. LOL - the reason he didn't share about the courtship before - to protect her family's privacy!! Really? I thought it was protect his ego from the previous failed courtship. Shows you what I know.

Part 2 of the courtship is up. LOL - the reason he didn't share about the courtship before - to protect her family's privacy!! Really? I thought it was protect his ego from the previous failed courtship. Shows you what I know.

I don't see it. "Parked for the night" is the most recent post I see.

I love how he says "working on my home". Uh, did you forget to mention you were doing that for ELIZABETH, the woman who almost dumped you at the alter? He's such an idiot, and honesly, Elissa isn't much brighter if she's bought into his version of the story. I just hope he changed some colors in Elizabeth's house to make it Elissa's.

I don't see it. "Parked for the night" is the most recent post I see.

Phew, there it is now.

I love how he says "working on my home". Uh, did you forget to mention you were doing that for ELIZABETH, the woman who almost dumped you at the alter? He's such an idiot, and honesly, Elissa isn't much brighter if she's bought into his version of the story. I just hope he changed some colors in Elizabeth's house to make it Elissa's.

I doubt it--beige is beige. And a "wife" is pretty neutral in these parts. Cook, clean, pop out a baby, repeat. Interchangeable as long as she can be like that girl in "Coming To America" who wants to do "whatever you want...." :angry-banghead: Remember he PROVIDED that house. That's enough. Everything else is worldly.

Joseph wrote:

The frequent visits I made out there, along with e-mails and phone calls, showed how similar Elissa and I were in our beliefs, convictions, and mannerisms.

TMgRYuZ.jpg

I wouldn't snark if it weren't such a Maxwell thing -- it's not presented as an afterthought, or a joke (like "the family was amused to notice that even our mannerisms were similar"), but in the list with beliefs and convictions.

Only on Planet Maxwell.

Joseph wrote:

TMgRYuZ.jpg

I wouldn't snark if it weren't such a Maxwell thing -- it's not presented as an afterthought, or a joke (like "the family was amused to notice that even our mannerisms were similar"), but in the list with beliefs and convictions.

Only on Planet Maxwell.

Oh dear, but they part their hair on the OPPOSITE side from each other. I'll need to consult the rulebook to see if that outweighs thumb placement. I'm pretty sure it's in Table D.7...

Joseph wrote:

TMgRYuZ.jpg

Only on Planet Maxwell.

Completely agree. However, maybe this is a SOTDRT fail and he meant to say "manner" as in "disposition"? Though, while the Maxwell writing is stilted and awkward, they don't often use malapropisms. (Except, one could argue, Steve describing himself as "Christian" :wink-kitty: )

By "protecting their privacy" he probably means protecting them from hearing what people on here say about his family and previous courtship.

Her parents aren't stupid and I'm sure they know how to do a google search. Information on the Maxwell family is as easy as putting their name in a search engine. This site will come up and with it the info on the previous courtship. Honestly, I don't think the Maxwells hid it from the Frosts, or that there is something so terrible to hide. A wedding got called off. By the bride. The Frosts homeschool and shelter their kids. Philosophically they probably line up pretty closely with a lot of Maxwell principles. They did not get tricked, they willingly gave their sheltered daughter to that dour family with their eyes wide open.

They don't care what we think of the Maxwells, because to them we are all haters and atheists so our opinions don't rate.

All of the pictures look somewhat forced/posed, but Elissa looks downright uncomfortable in a couple of them. I can't imagine essentially auditioning for a marriage (my only chance of getting out of my parent's house) by being the perfect woman for several visits with a suitor and/or his family. I'd die from the stress.

Interesting how the wedding photo they put up is taken by the brother (blanking on his name) but the bride and groom are clearly looking at what seems to be another photog.

"we began a serious-friendship-with-the-purpose-of-marriage stage."

Needs to be a post counter......

Those Maxwell siblings are so eloquent aren't they. Those writing and "conversation" sessions they teach must be riveting.

Well, they do both like horse clothing. Match made in heaven. (hayven?) :twisted: sorry i've been cleaning all day. The fumes got to me.

post-10046-14451999522414_thumb.jpg

All of the pictures look somewhat forced/posed, but Elissa looks downright uncomfortable in a couple of them. I can't imagine essentially auditioning for a marriage (my only chance of getting out of my parent's house) by being the perfect woman for several visits with a suitor and/or his family. I'd die from the stress.

See, to me they both look very relaxed and happy in those pictures. Nothing looks forced, and I am speaking as a person who detests everything the Maxwells stand for. This girl has been raised in this lifestyle, it is what she is comfortable in and it is normal to her.

Archived