IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell & Elissa Frost Got Married! - Part 2

happy atheist

Unless the sliders or burgers are for sale, highly unlikely.

What would you suggest, gloves or no gloves, for serving peanut butter sandwiches? :lol: *ducks*

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would you suggest, gloves or no gloves, for serving peanut butter sandwiches? :lol: *ducks*

:lol: Bad ladyamylynn. Go sit in time out 'til you can play nice.

Just to make a point- this was the reception so it was on Elissa's family to arrange, so this is not some sort of Maxwell mini portion thing. And it could have been a buffet and the lady was serving herself. No reason to wear icky latex gloves to serve a sandwich to yourself.

Just to make a point- this was the reception so it was on Elissa's family to arrange, so this is not some sort of Maxwell mini portion thing. And it could have been a buffet and the lady was serving herself. No reason to wear icky latex gloves to serve a sandwich to yourself.

Its not self service, you can see the servers in the photo below. I'd be grossed out if a server wasn't wearing gloves and was touching my food. Even if they were a "friend".

I forgot about that picture. Honestly, I worked in restaurants and kitchens for years. Both ick me out, but those latex gloves are really, really gross. And to be honest, many of the places - even really nice ones - I worked did not bother with gloves in the kitchen unless a health inspector was around...

Unless the sliders or burgers are for sale, highly unlikely.

OK so I GET that it's a stupid point to belabor and it may not occur to me, either, if I wasn't reflecting on it in this way.... but usually if I am serving something that requires me to put it together with my bare hands, I do it in the kitchen then take it to my guests, I rarely make something in front of anyone (in bare hands!) because it sort of grosses me out to think about people touching MY food. I totally understand this is illogical and that servers and restaurant people touch our food all the time - I just don't want to see it. I also think the size of a slider bun makes it seem more... (ugh) intimate. Why not just assemble a dozen at a time and take them out on a platter? They would be so cute!!

:sleeping: .... * grunt snert * hhrrmmm? What, what's happening? Another wedding post? Seriously?

IMO, this is an awkward finish to the wedding story series on their blog. I assumed that the last wedding post was the one written by Joseph. The brief explanation at the end of his post on why they kept it all secret was a nice finishing punctuation for the saga.

This is just... awkward.

So what was the reason for all the secrecy? I looked at the wedding posts but didn't see anything. TIA.

So what was the reason for all the secrecy? I looked at the wedding posts but didn't see anything. TIA.

Two years ago Joseph was engaged to Elizabeth Munck who is from another fundie family that likes to have fun. Elizabeth broke off the engagement a week before the wedding, actually the day of the wedding shower. It's been alleged that an FJer contacted the Muncks and told them what the Maxwells are really like...no fun, no sports, no friends, complete isolation. Any references to Joe's previous engagement were scrubbed from the blog.

'For her family's privacy' was all that was said on the matter.

Archived