IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell & Elissa Frost Got Married! - Part 2

happy atheist

I clicked on a couple of the albums of recent victims of Christopher's "professional" wedding photography. I'm not a good photographer myself and not everyone is "conventionally good looking" or terribly photogenic, so I don't want to snark on the poor brides and grooms (although I'd love to know the back story on Cory and Joy).

That poor couple -- there is not a single good picture of them! Seriously, that "gallery" makes Elissa & Joseph's photos look amazing. I actually feel kinda sad for Cory and Joy now.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to laugh and shake my head at Dan and Rachel's wedding pictures. The last one on there is a shot of the bride...outside the women's restroom.

I admire his ability to make everyone look old. Even the babies look old in his photographs.

Dang, I hate it when you're the bride and you have to wait for a stall. I hope there was at least some toilet paper left.

That poor couple -- there is not a single good picture of them! Seriously, that "gallery" makes Elissa & Joseph's photos look amazing. I actually feel kinda sad for Cory and Joy now.

Of course that gallery includes the obligatory creepily lighted hanging wedding dress photo. I mean, don't take 2 seconds to move those ugly plastic hangers.

post-2794-1445199951495_thumb.jpg

Or two seconds to position it so the metal bar isn't in front of the back of the dress.

It's almost shocking how bad some of his photos are. That dress isn't even hanging straight! Did you see the one (Brent & Elizabeth) where the dress is hanging from a commercial A/C vent? (Honestly, what's wrong with a door?)

Some of these make me think of the horrible cell phone pics a member of my extended family takes and shares with everyone.

It looks like he teaches the grooms how to stand like "men" -- lots of crossed arms and *very* wide legs. LOL.

Also, in some of these, it again kind of looks like there's another photographer and Christopher is sneaking in and taking posed pictures from the side. I legitimately thought that the Frosts may have hired a "real" photographer for Christopher to follow around, but I guess it's a signature move. Is that a thing people do?

I admittedly have a fairly limited artistic "sense". So you are a pretty bad photographer if I can tell you suck with no other input. The question that genuinely drives me crazy with his wedding portfolios: What is the purpose of getting shots of parked cars in church parking lots? He has one in almost every wedding album. Why????!!!

I admittedly have a fairly limited artistic "sense". So you are a pretty bad photographer if I can tell you suck with no other input. The question that genuinely drives me crazy with his wedding portfolios: What is the purpose of getting shots of parked cars in church parking lots? He has one in almost every wedding album. Why????!!!

The one that I can't stand is the photograph of the videographer's screen. He takes that same dang shot every. single. wedding. No one cares what the videographer is seeing, as it will be on the video!

In looking at the rehearsal dinner pics I noticed the church ladies did the meal like at Chris/NR-Annas. I guess after the dinner "fiasco" at Nate/Melanies they don't trust anyone.

Yes, asking people whether they ordered Pepsi or Sprite was just awful! :roll:

Hmmm, I just realized, maybe Teri was just coming down from her Pepsi jones at that time, so maybe Steve was trying to avoid even the mere mention of the P word. That is the only explanation I can think of as to why the waiters asking customers what they ordered would be a problem in anybody's world.

I was scrolling fast and was halfway through before I figured out Cory wasn't the father of the bride.(see also kiss on the lips)

ifallsjournal.com/news/engagements/engagement/article_5f80e71d-104d-56ec-a021-f6b850b18d0f.html?TNNoMobile

It says he went to Central Baptist Theological Seminary, which is in the Kansas City Metro, so that may be how the Maxwells know them.

Or two seconds to position it so the metal bar isn't in front of the back of the dress.

I have tons of pics like that one. Because I give my phone to my five-year-old nephew at family events and let him wander around snapping whatever he happens to see.

Except, because of the lower angle, some of his stuff is more artistic than Christopher's. And he's not a douchebag.

Yes, asking people whether they ordered Pepsi or Sprite was just awful! :roll:

Hmmm, I just realized, maybe Teri was just coming down from her Pepsi jones at that time, so maybe Steve was trying to avoid even the mere mention of the P word. That is the only explanation I can think of as to why the waiters asking customers what they ordered would be a problem in anybody's world.

Wait, what happened? I have never heard this story.

Wait, what happened? I have never heard this story.

Teri and Steve spent hours (if not days) working out a seating plan so the servers would not have to ask about soft drinks. Why that was so important is anyone's guess. Probably people asking would have delayed the schedule and/or the mere mention of Pepsi would have sent Teri into DT, as kpmom says.

Unfortunately, the catering company (probably because they thought the plan was utter crap, but in Maxhell Teri decides it was because they were Hispanic) ditched the soft drink seating chart.

The details are buried in here: titus2.com/wedding/nathan-melanie.html

(Why do we criticize Poor Sarah's and Mary's writing? Teri can't write herself out of a paper bag and she taught them.)

Teri and Steve spent hours (if not days) working out a seating plan so the servers would not have to ask about soft drinks. Why that was so important is anyone's guess. Probably people asking would have delayed the schedule and/or the mere mention of Pepsi would have sent Teri into DT, as kpmom says.

Unfortunately, the catering company (probably because they thought the plan was utter crap, but in Maxhell Teri decides it was because they were Hispanic) ditched the soft drink seating chart.

(Why do we criticize Poor Sarah's and Mary's writing? Teri can't write herself out of a paper bag and she taught them.)

Oh boy. I would expect nothing less, but REALLY?

Also this comment from the wedding guest "“The bride and groom dismissing us by rows was great.†If that's the most positive thing you have to say about a wedding.... you might be at a Maxhell wedding...

So much to snark about in Christopher's photos :lol:

The one wedding shot where the bride and groom are leaving the reception and the guests released untied balloons they had all blown up. Wonder who came up with that brilliant idea? The sound that must have made lol christophermaxwell.com/weddings/jonny-jenny/images/2088.jpg

and the couple that drove off in the awesome vintage car and THIS was the best shot he got of the outside of it? (except for one from far away with people walking in between the car and the camera) i would be so mad if i went to all that trouble to do something awesome and it wasn't captured well. christophermaxwell.com/weddings/joshua-claire/missouri-wedding-photos/0270.jpg

Thanks for the link, Palimpsest.

It's been awhile since I've read it, and I forgot just how convoluted Steve's diagrams, names, orders, and number system was. English is my native language, and I couldn't figure out what Teri was saying.

No wonder it took six of them to serve the meals.

Well that is bizarre and kind of racist.

It kills me that Terie needed to write about Melanie dropping a Kleenex during the ceremony. And how people said the wedding was 'so holy'. And the weather was perfect- I'm sure the Maxwells felt they controlled that.

It kills me that Terie needed to write about Melanie dropping a Kleenex during the ceremony. And how people said the wedding was 'so holy'. And the weather was perfect- I'm sure the Maxwells felt they controlled that.

And she felt the need to point out several times everyone in the wedding party were brothers or sisters of the groom.

Looking through Christopher's website, I noticed the majority of the weddings had a lot of Mennonites/brethren/charity people in attendance. Also, in the Louisiana couple's wedding, The Tool presided over the ceremony.

Looking through Christopher's website, I noticed the majority of the weddings had a lot of Mennonites/brethren/charity people in attendance. Also, in the Louisiana couple's wedding, The Tool presided over the ceremony.

Yes, the LA wedding was that of Phillip Bradrick (Bradrick!'s brother) and Katie Valenti, so Vision Forum royalty.

My daughter who is not a professional shot her uncles wedding last January and her shots are much better than some of Christophers. She's got an eye for composition and she was working with a profoundly deaf groom. Christopher doesn't seem to have the spark. But his later weddings are better than the older ones at least.

I wish he would just photograph in straight B&W instead of that horrible washed out color-drained style he does in a vague attempt to be "artsy."

I wish he would just photograph in straight B&W instead of that horrible washed out color-drained style he does in a vague attempt to be "artsy."

I know, it's just horrible, especially since this bride chose distinctive and quite bright wedding colours then he washed them out of the pictures.

The photos Joseph took of Christopher's wedding are actually better than the bulk of what Christopher produces.

I clicked on a couple of the albums of recent victims of Christopher's "professional" wedding photography. I'm not a good photographer myself and not everyone is "conventionally good looking" or terribly photogenic, so I don't want to snark on the poor brides and grooms (although I'd love to know the back story on Cory and Joy).

Big shocker - he is a pastor. And based on their The Knot website they were only engaged 3 months. Sounds about right for a Maxwell approved fundy wedding. Here is some info about them:

http://www.hibbingmn.com/celebrations/e ... 963f4.html

(Link not broken because it is a news site.)

Archived