IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell & Elissa Frost Got Married! - Part 2

happy atheist

Comments have now been approved, and modified, I'm sure, by Steve. Surprise! Joseph and Elissa had a no touch courtship and engagement. I am sure it was totally their decision and Steve had nothing to do with it.

I wonder if Steve now thinks that Nathan and Melanie are somehow tarnished because they actually touched before marriage? Plus, they were alone in a house for the actual proposal. I doubt that would be allowed now.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Comments have now been approved, and modified, I'm sure, by Steve. Surprise! Joseph and Elissa had a no touch courtship and engagement. I am sure it was totally their decision and Steve had nothing to do with it.

I wonder if Steve now thinks that Nathan and Melanie are somehow tarnished because they actually touched before marriage? Plus, they were alone in a house for the actual proposal. I doubt that would be allowed now.

They probably think the pre marital "touching" is what caused their fertility problems, miscarriages, and death of their first child. Chris and NR Anna did "it" the right way and they are on their 3rd child.

So if it was a no-touch courtship and engagement, how did she get her engagement ring on? Did he just put it on a table and have her pick it up and put it on herself?

So if it was a no-touch courtship and engagement, how did she get her engagement ring on? Did he just put it on a table and have her pick it up and put it on herself?

There's always the chance that Daddy slipped it on. :?

Oh, right! Duh! He would have been there because they would not have been allowed to be alone. Yep, that explains it.

So friendship with purpose of marriage, no touching --> courtship with purpose of marriage, no touching--> engagement, planning marriage, no touching.

I find it hard to distinguish between these stages. Why not let the daddies arrange a marriage & get it over with?

I just had lunch with a good male friend from out of town, and I front hugged him when we parted, in hopes that the Maxwells & the Duggars would feel some sort of ominous ripple in the Force as a result.

PS I'm sure this has been discussed already, but do the Maxwells shake hands with members of the opposite sex?

They do shake hands.. at the conference I went to I got to shake hands with uber hot John!

You lucked out. I shook hands with Steve. But only after he looked past me and made sure to greet my Headship first. :ew:

Same here!!

Actually, I think you'll find that it Really Doesn't.....

They probably think the pre marital "touching" is what caused their fertility problems, miscarriages, and death of their first child. Chris and NR Anna did "it" the right way and they are on their 3rd child.

I've often wondered if they actually think this.

Barf.

I was scrolling fast and was halfway through before I figured out Cory wasn't the father of the bride.(see also kiss on the lips)

ifallsjournal.com/news/engagements/engagement/article_5f80e71d-104d-56ec-a021-f6b850b18d0f.html?TNNoMobile

It says he went to Central Baptist Theological Seminary, which is in the Kansas City Metro, so that may be how the Maxwells know them.

Actually, Cory graduated from the Central Baptist Theological Seminary in Plymouth, MN. I know someone there...kinda scary that I know someone who is somewhat connected to the Maxwells.

The maxwells are coming home and can't wait to see. The newly weds!! Does this mean they've been in Joseph's And Elizabeth err elishas house all along? Wonder if they have any news for their family?

You lucked out. I shook hands with Steve. But only after he looked past me and made sure to greet my Headship first. :ew:

Steve and John shook hands with women that weren't their wives? Oh my! What controversy! They're going to have to spend a lot of hours begging forgiveness in the prayer closet for that! What if John had been tempted to have sex before marriage with mastercleaner right there? And you, Palimpsest. You could have caused Steve to cheat on Teri! :naughty:

Now that the whole fam damily is back, there goes Joe and Elissa's privacy.

They weren't going to have privacy much longer, anyway, whatwith the expected honeymoon baby that's likely on its way.

They weren't going to have privacy much longer, anyway, whatwith the expected honeymoon baby that's likely on its way.

Agree w/ both of u! I really hope this girl knows what she got herself into.

Agree w/ both of u! I really hope this girl knows what she got herself into.

I keep wondering if she really understood Maxwell life before she agreed to marry Joseph. How is she coping now? The honeymoon is over, she is in a new state, far from her family, in a new (to her) house, in a new role. It's all new for Joseph, too. It's the first time he has been allowed to be away from his family and to live in his own home. These two are adjusting to so many new things, especially sex, living with another person, and just being alone together. I have so many questions. Is Elissa allowed to drive? If so, does she have access to a car? Is Joseph home all or most of the day? What does Elissa do all day, once the presents are opened and put away, the thank-yous written, and any finishing touches put on the house?

Steve says he gives the newly married couples their privacy, so we shouldn't see much of them on the blog. They ought to have a little more space than the other couples since their home is, what, .7 miles away? Certainly in walking distance, but not across the street. I hope Elissa can take it. Perhaps NRAnna can help her adjust, or Melanie. I also worry about her liking Steve...what if their personalities clashed? I am sure nearly everyone's would.

Neither Christopher or Nathan got their wives pregnant immediately. I hope there's a bit of a waiting period with Joseph and Elissa too. Like a month atleast.

You are absolutely wrong. My uncle is a Southern Baptist minister. My family was more liberal Presbyterian (or not much at all, really), but we attended his church out of unity. He was the associate pastor at a giant Florida congregation and our head pastor's daughter was on the dance team at school, skimpy costumes and all. Officially, the SBC takes no position on dancing. A few of the fringy-er closer to IFB churches disallow it, but the majority of mainstream SBC do whatever they want. My uncle is also currently director of a state SBC oversight organization and previously ran adult education for the national SBC, so I kinda get my information from the horse's mouth.

I am glad the one wedding you went to one time makes you an expert.

WAAAYYYYY behind, but, yeah.

SOME SBC churches are more conservative than others are most are fairly liberal (relatively speaking) on things like drinking and dancing. I've had hard liquor and wine at my pastor's house when we went there for activities.

My little SBC college had 'foot fellowships.' No one cared if we were of age and had a drink off campus, but it was absolutely forbidden for underage and on campus, or to get drunk.

WAAAYYYYY behind, but, yeah.

SOME SBC churches are more conservative than others are most are fairly liberal (relatively speaking) on things like drinking and dancing. I've had hard liquor and wine at my pastor's house when we went there for activities.

My little SBC college had 'foot fellowships.' No one cared if we were of age and had a drink off campus, but it was absolutely forbidden for underage and on campus, or to get drunk.

That's most colleges in general, though. The public one I attended for undergrad forbade alcohol on campus and in dorms, and my graduate school forbade alcohol in dorm rooms that minors inhabited, and on campus outside the dorms. Funny thing, at my undergrad, campus events could be held and alcohol could be served at them, but not to students (even if they were over 21).

Archived