IGNORED

Joseph Maxwell & Elissa Frost Got Married! - Part 2

happy atheist

The answer I want is this: does she have a wedding ring? Is that a wrap as a wedding ring around the engagement ring? I don't think so since the ring looks the same in her engagement pics as the wedding ones.

Inquiring minds, and girls who love jewelry, must know.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neither Christopher or Nathan got their wives pregnant immediately. I hope there's a bit of a waiting period with Joseph and Elissa too.

I sure hope that. Half a year or preferably even a year would probably be good for their relationship. I don't know about the new Mrs. Joe Maxwell and her level of sheltering but we know that Joe is a reversal kid who never had what some might call a normal life. The life he knows consists of 15 minute carefully scheduled blocks of Bible time, family "projects", torturing the elderly at their "church", working with the family, and more Bible time. He has NEVER spent time alone, never talked to or touched a female who isn't a relative, and never been considered an adult worthy of his own life away from the compound. His previous life and 25 years worth of daily brainwashing simply cannot disappear overnight when he got married.

They both look very relaxed and at ease with each other in the new pics and probably are very much enjoying their new life as a couple. I hope the fruit of the womb won't enter the picture for a while so they can fully enjoy this season of life, being on their own for the first time and really getting to know each other (isn't that something you should do before getting married, getting to know your spouse, the heathen me might ask).

Recycling is Godly.(and unwasteful)

wow i hope not. That would make her feel so terrible if she ever found out.

I don't know about the new Mrs. Joe Maxwell and her level of sheltering but we know that Joe is a reversal kid who never had what some might call a normal life. The life he knows consists of 15 minute carefully scheduled blocks of Bible time, family "projects", torturing the elderly at their "church", working with the family, and more Bible time. He has NEVER spent time alone, never talked to or touched a female who isn't a relative, and never been considered an adult worthy of his own life away from the compound. His previous life and 25 years worth of daily brainwashing simply cannot disappear overnight when he got married.

No wonder their expressions are so child-like in the photos. That's kind of disturbing. Of course Steve would say it was a triumph, but it sounds dangerously naive to me. Last year a young newlywed fundie guy was shot and killed outside his house because he didn't have enough ingrained caution to be safe. He and his wife were on a trip and did a bunch of check-in tweets during the trip that gave their location (publicly, i assume). Some bad people in their neighborhood who the couple had already noticed driving around suspiciously before their trip were robbing them when they got home, and the guy tried to go up and talk to them during the robbery. He was smart enough to leave his wife behind a couple of blocks away. He actually lived for a few days in ICU after the attack. His wife was expecting and had a baby boy a few months after he passed away. Really just a sad tragic example of what can happen when these innocent, sheltered fundies grow up in a bubble world.

counton2.com/story/24194887/nc-newlywed-in-coma-as-4th-suspect-sought-in-shooting-during-botched-burglary

eta the article says he assumed the car was broken down in front of his house, so that is being a good Samaritan... still a sad case of mistrust.

Neither Christopher or Nathan got their wives pregnant immediately. I hope there's a bit of a waiting period with Joseph and Elissa too. Like a month atleast.

I also hope they wait a while!

Do we actually know that they had a no-touch engagement? I didn't see him mention it, and he does say that "he" traveled to visit Elissa, which makes me think he may have gone alone.

Also wonder whether Stevehovah concerns himself as much with the purity of his boys as he does his girls.

Do we actually know that they had a no-touch engagement? I didn't see him mention it, and he does say that "he" traveled to visit Elissa, which makes me think he may have gone alone.

Also wonder whether Stevehovah concerns himself as much with the purity of his boys as he does his girls.

It was a no-touch engagement, someone asked in the comments:

Hannah says:

October 6, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Beautiful! I love how every story is so unique! I was wondering, did you guys have a no touch courtship and engagement? Thanks :)

—

Yes, it was a no-touch courtship/engagement.

It was a no-touch engagement, someone asked in the comments:

Thanks. How ridiculous is it that I'm disappointed? :shifty-kitty:

I wish they would make these want them to make decisions for themselves, but I should realize that I'm setting myself up for disappointment with the Maxwells.

Nope, Maxwell "children" never make decisions for themselves. Not until they are married. Period.

How is it not totally weird to be engaged to a "child"?

I obviously just don't really understand fundies yet, much less this family of wackadoos.

Nope, Maxwell "children" never make decisions for themselves. Not until they are married. Period.

I'm sure that the Maxwells DO think they have a choice but since everything with them is so black and white, there's really only one logical outcome and that's the one that's been drilled into them since birth by Steve. Good vs. evil.

It reminds me of the famous quote from Henry Ford about the Model T: "They can have any color they want as long as it's black."

Yep, the Maxwell children can make any choice they want as long as it's Steve's.

Those children totally choose to live at home with life neatly scheduled to fifteen minute blocks filled with Daddy-approved activities of their own free will.

Steve & Teri give lip service to the choice concept. That way they can say how great they are that their children chose to stay home/live their way. However, the kids know nothing else and are totally and completely fearful of the big, bad world and all the mean people. They don't know anything other than their parents OR fear/death/destruction. So, of course they choose mom & dad. They are told from birth that the world will chew them up and spit them out. Fear is a powerful factor. Sadly, many fundies use just that in order to 'keep their children in the fold'.

I sincerely feel sorry for Joseph & Elissa. Even looking at the most recent pictures, they're right there in the center of life at Stevie's house. They have no life of their own and never will. And what's worse, they don't even realize there are options - options that do NOT lead to an eternity of suffering and hell and evil people trying to fuck up their Christianity.

It's all so fucking sad and pathetic.

I wonder how much schooling Mary got done while on the road.

They're going to push back her graduation date as long as possible in order to keep up their image as a homeschooling family. It's better for them than to say they have five unmarried children living at home, doing nothing (except writing shitty children's books).

I still say they want her to graduate sometime next year so they can say they homeschooled for 30 years (they started in 1985).

What does Elissa do all day, once the presents are opened and put away, the thank-yous written, and any finishing touches put on the house?

Surely there's a ceiling fan to dust in there somewhere? We know there's cabinets that can be wiped down on the hour...

They're going to push back her graduation date as long as possible in order to keep up their image as a homeschooling family. It's better for them than to say they have five unmarried children living at home, doing nothing (except writing shitty children's books).

For a bunch of people who believe that idleness is the devils work, why do most of their grin kids do nothing?

I do not get it.

Lots of fundies seem to have grown offspring that do nothing productive. Doesn't part of being a Godly person involve contributing SOMETHING to society and the world around you?????

For a bunch of people who believe that idleness is the devils work, why do most of their grin kids do nothing?

I do not get it.

Lots of fundies seem to have grown offspring that do nothing productive. Doesn't part of being a Godly person involve contributing SOMETHING to society and the world around you?????

I think they've made an idol of "sheltering." It's their main message, after all - isolate your kids, "shelter" them so that they don't ever read any book or see any film that they can't assume is 100% received truth (meaning it doesn't have any bad behavior in it, even if the thing calls it out as bad behavior, and make sure there's no depictions of other religions), keep them from even other blood family if that blood family isn't completely on board with The Patriarch's ideology, make sure they don't see anything defrauding, ever.

People can argue over the merits of such things when the kids are elementary school age. But with the Maxwells, it seems they got stuck on this, hard core, so that for the kids a large part of their identity is bound up in how "sheltered" they are, and how grateful they are to their parents for it. Once they've "sheltered" for so long, they don't want to break the record streak, etc.

So now they've got 30 and 20 something year old kids who are still not allowed to do anything at all on their own or really mix with other people without their parents around "sheltering" them constantly.

That puts most jobs or even serious volunteer opportunities completely out of bounds. Their only official way out, the only official way into full personhood/adulthood is marriage. And there are no suitors on the horizon, so they sit endlessly at home, dusting the ceiling fans secure in their "purity."

Elsewhere you can read about people raised in fundiedom who similarly made an idol out of virginity - even when they get to an age where it's time to marry, and when they marry and it's time to have sex, there's an idea that they'll be "breaking the seal" on something they've been told their entire lives not to do, that's bound up in their identity, and for some it's hard to overcome it.

Yow! That first kiss! How do you go from no touch to that? Maybe he practiced with a pillow like my friends and I used to do as young adolescents.

John, cute as ever, had to walk down the aisle with his sister on his arm.

Yow! That first kiss! How do you go from no touch to that? Maybe he practiced with a pillow like my friends and I used to do as young adolescents.

John, cute as ever, had to walk down the aisle with his sister on his arm.

Well, remember, he'd practiced that for his wedding to Elizabeth, so he already had the technique in his toolbox, so to speak.

John is adorable.

Dare I say...this looked fun for a Maxwell wedding? People actually showing a little joy and personality? Maybe there is hope for this couple. They also nixed the unity candle, and combined different shades of sand. It's a little thing, but it bucked tradition and I think it's a positive step.

Archived