IGNORED

Duggar Aviation LLC

indifferent

Cirrus now en route to Stillwater, OK

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can fly at night without instrument certification (in the US) under Visual Flight Rules

ehow.com/about_5135634_night-flying-requirements-private-pilot.html

ETA: break link to Cornell Uni since not a new source, though a damn fine university.

Could he fly Xcountry after dark without instruments?

Could he fly Xcountry after dark without instruments?

I didn't see a distance/ mileage stipulation. I even check the "exception" paragraph e. The most dangerous times of any flight is take off and landing- which goes along with that he has to prove that he has 3 take offs and landings within a 90 day period. From what I gathered, the difficult part in night flying is judging how close you are to the ground coming in for the landing.

As long as he's OK with VFR, he appears good to go without being instrument certified. It seems more dependent on weather. He can only fly at night when his visibility is 3 miles (daytime =1 mile)

"VFR flight is based on the principle of 'see and avoid.' The presumption made in establishing the basic VFR weather minimums is that aircraft flying at lower altitudes (i.e., below 10,000 MSL) and/or in airspace with radar approach control and/or an operating control tower (i.e., Class B, C, and D airspace) will be moving more slowly, or that they will be under positive control. Consequently, these aircraft do not need as much flight visibility or as much distance from clouds to see and avoid other traffic."

faasafety.gov/files/gslac/courses/content/25/185/VFR%20Weather%20Minimums.pdf

This webpage does a quick rundown on what that private pilot needs to do/be aware of when flying at night:

wingsbywerntz.com/private-pilot/expanding-the-envelope/night

Cirrus now en route to Stillwater, OK

... aaaaaaaaand now it's on its way back home.

I know you love looking at JDs tail. Frankly, his coquettishness is what keeps him in my top 5 Duggars.

Have they always been BFFs and we just never noticed until his daddy left the slammer OR did these 2 lock eyes when they flew down to help the old jailbird fly coop?

So all those Hattiesburg trips JD/JB flying they were visiting Sr at the gray bar hotel. I wonder what those boobies are trying hatch up.

Oh, Nic, I love you. I've had a rough few days and your posts always make me lol. But I'm sorry, I need to save every piece of my heart for John David. :penguin-no:

I did some very light googling and Papa Hovind was in federal prison until July 8, with at least one move to county jail (probably for court), but I don't know where exactly he was locked up and curiosity got the better of me and I found record of him at RRM Orlando. http://www.bop.gov/inmateloc/ So I still think JD goes to Hattiesburg to hang out with Logan.

Ok I see that this plane of theirs cost anywhere from 10K to 100K I assume they picked it up as cheap as possible.

But the insurance is a different matter. I was under the impression that plane insurance cost a great deal, but I guess not. I googled and found this advice:

from .planeviz.com/cost-of-aircraft-ownership-ep-9/

I honestly thought it would be a lot more than that. More like 600 to 1100 per month.

Consensus when FJers originally researched it was $235k. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=23078&p=788424p788417

I see that you looked up stats for the Cessna. They actually own two planes; the retail price I gave refers to the Cirrus SR22 (2004 model year). No idea about insurance.

... aaaaaaaaand now it's on its way back home.

YIl5udjh.png

Paines are near Stillwater, I believe. And probably lots of other ATI stuff; ATI/IBLP has quite a presence in OK.

Consensus when FJers originally researched it was $235k. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=23078&p=788424p788417

I see that you looked up stats for the Cessna. They actually own two planes; the retail price I gave refers to the Cirrus SR22 (2004 model year). No idea about insurance.

From what I remember when I looked up insurance it was pretty on point with car insurance. So if we knew the type of car a Cirrus was similar to we could figure out the insurance.

From what I remember when I looked up insurance it was pretty on point with car insurance. So if we knew the type of car a Cirrus was similar to we could figure out the insurance.

Chitty chitty bang bang or Greased Lightning.

I didn't see a distance/ mileage stipulation. I even check the "exception" paragraph e. The most dangerous times of any flight is take off and landing- which goes along with that he has to prove that he has 3 take offs and landings within a 90 day period. From what I gathered, the difficult part in night flying is judging how close you are to the ground coming in for the landing.

As long as he's OK with VFR, he appears good to go without being instrument certified. It seems more dependent on weather. He can only fly at night when his visibility is 3 miles (daytime =1 mile)

"VFR flight is based on the principle of 'see and avoid.' The presumption made in establishing the basic VFR weather minimums is that aircraft flying at lower altitudes (i.e., below 10,000 MSL) and/or in airspace with radar approach control and/or an operating control tower (i.e., Class B, C, and D airspace) will be moving more slowly, or that they will be under positive control. Consequently, these aircraft do not need as much flight visibility or as much distance from clouds to see and avoid other traffic."

faasafety.gov/files/gslac/courses/content/25/185/VFR%20Weather%20Minimums.pdf

This webpage does a quick rundown on what that private pilot needs to do/be aware of when flying at night:

wingsbywerntz.com/private-pilot/expanding-the-envelope/night

Yikes! Don't know if I'd want to night fly without instruments. Thanks for the info.

jd still he same but dark shirts cover up guts quite icely.

Don't bust Haliconne's bubble on a Saturday morning. lol

Don't bust Haliconne's bubble on a Saturday morning. lol

My gaze is fixed on his godly countenance. :pray:

I was going to do a recap of yesterday's flights when I noticed there's a new flight in the works.

sDDY81fh.png

The Cirrus flew to Olive Branch, MS and returned immediately. Then flew to Stillwater, OK and returned immediately. That's 1,000 miles by car, but I'm thinking they'd save at least a hundred miles, and many many hours, by flying. If JD left the TTH to fly and didn't pop in between flights, he would've been gone at least nine or ten hours.

The Cirrus is now headed to Clark-Taney County (aka downtown Branson, MO). No activity on the Cessna since it landed in Big Sandy July 13.

Oh, Nic, I love you. I've had a rough few days and your posts always make me lol. But I'm sorry, I need to save every piece of my heart for John David. :penguin-no:

I did some very light googling and Papa Hovind was in federal prison until July 8, with at least one move to county jail (probably for court), but I don't know where exactly he was locked up and curiosity got the better of me and I found record of him at RRM Orlando. http://www.bop.gov/inmateloc/ So I still think JD goes to Hattiesburg to hang out with Logan.

You googling inmate record made me pee! HYSTERICAL!

I went through Jrs FB pictures and no earlier JD bromance photos, but a lot of Darwin. He really really doesn't like Darwin. Like wow. Don't ever do a Galapagos themed bday party at DQ for him.

And though a bit sad, I realize that you need to dedicate every little piece of that heart of yours to that devastating man of mystery, your fly boy, JD. I know every time you hear an airplane a little part of you hopes that JD is finally coming in for a landing at your strip.

Researching inmates records! STILL FUNNY! HAHAHAHAH

BTW I saw you say your gaze was fixed on his GODLY COUNTENANCE. I know that is code for his junk. You dirty, dirty bird.

Does JD just fly around for shits'n giggles or can I/people hire JD to fly me/them places?!?! Or does he just fly around family friends?

My gaze is fixed on his godly countenance. :pray:

I was going to do a recap of yesterday's flights when I noticed there's a new flight in the works.

sDDY81fh.png

The Cirrus flew to Olive Branch, MS and returned immediately. Then flew to Stillwater, OK and returned immediately. That's 1,000 miles by car, but I'm thinking they'd save at least a hundred miles, and many many hours, by flying. If JD left the TTH to fly and didn't pop in between flights, he would've been gone at least nine or ten hours.

The Cirrus is now headed to Clark-Taney County (aka downtown Branson, MO). No activity on the Cessna since it landed in Big Sandy July 13.

Not downtown Branson (I know that's what it says but that's not where it is). That's College of the Ozarks, did Si and Marjorie go to Silver Dollar City again?

Does JD just fly around for shits'n giggles or can I/people hire JD to fly me/them places?!?! Or does he just fly around family friends?

Sorry, but you cannot book JD as your personal pilot to whisk you away. Halcionne would be too pissed, but moreover, the FAA or God, not sure, has a rule that says private pilots can only fly others for partial fuel payment, so if he is making any other cashola, it is under the wing.

What would you talk about w JD up in the sky? Fly somewhere or lazy circles around the hive/warren? I'd imagine the convo would be like Ralphie Wiggum talking to Lisa for the first time, but instead of "uh do you like uh stuff it would be "uh do you like uh Jesus" etc

I'm guessing today is a busier day bc they are hauling VIP fundies in for JBs bday?

BTW, like how you added PLACES as you can already envision being regularly serviced by Air JD. Just settle down there missy.

Sorry, but you cannot book JD as your personal pilot to whisk you away. Halcionne would be too pissed, but moreover, the FAA or God, not sure, has a rule that says private pilots can only fly others for partial fuel payment, so if he is making any other cashola, it is under the wing.

What would you talk about w JD up in the sky? Fly somewhere or lazy circles around the hive/warren? I'd imagine the convo would be like Ralphie Wiggum talking to Lisa for the first time, but instead of "uh do you like uh stuff it would be "uh do you like uh Jesus" etc

I'm guessing today is a busier day bc they are hauling VIP fundies in for JBs bday?

BTW, like how you added PLACES as you can already envision being regularly serviced by Air JD. Just settle down there missy.

I would aggressively flirt and hit on JD just to make him uncomfortable :twisted: :twisted:

But for real, Joseph has my heart (He is so damn cute). I would ask him to fly me to the TTH so I can hide in a tree with binoculars, or to clown college so I could stalk Joe

Judge me, IDGAF :dance:

I would aggressively flirt and hit on JD just to make him uncomfortable :twisted: :twisted:

But for real, Joseph has my heart (He is so damn cute). I would ask him to fly me to the TTH so I can hide in a tree with binoculars, or to clown college so I could stalk Joe

Judge me, IDGAF :dance:

I won't lie, I would do the same thing. I'd brush my hand his knee, twirl hair, tap his arm, etc. basically, Ben would have to write a warning to JD to protect his virtue before I got in the plane.

Joseph is not cute. You stop that. He looks like a slightly younger, thinner JD. So there's his future. Though, I will say Joseph is my 2nd fav Duggar. So I guess he has some charm.

Act fast on Joseph bc on a downhill slide into JD. Add 20 lbs and TWINS.

I won't lie, I would do the same thing. I'd brush my hand his knee, twirl hair, tap his arm, etc. basically, Ben would have to write a warning to JD to protect his virtue before I got in the plane.

Joseph is not cute. You stop that. He looks like a slightly younger, thinner JD. So there's his future. Though, I will say Joseph is my 2nd fav Duggar. So I guess he has some charm.

Act fast on Joseph bc on a downhill slide into JD. Add 20 lbs and TWINS.

Protect his virtue :cracking-up:

BUT BUT BUT

1ff5787748dba2a79b09505f1a76a1be.png

Be still my beating heart, the muscle :wink-kitty:

Its the Duggar male hairline that is scary

Protect his virtue :cracking-up:

BUT BUT BUT

1ff5787748dba2a79b09505f1a76a1be.png

Be still my beating heart, the muscle :wink-kitty:

Its the Duggar male hairline that is scary

Need I say more

jdjoe.jpg

Joseph has almost as much charm as a pile of bricks.

Archived