IGNORED

Duggar Aviation LLC

indifferent

My husband does a group shot of us like that. But...we're all fairly close to the camera. I don't get why the kids are million miles away.

I'm guessing he wanted to get the entire plane in the shot and probably kept walking further and further away.

I lived in Oshkosh 10 years. We used to leave during the show as the entire area is taken over and super busy. Many people make $ renting their homes out as all the hotels fill up years in advance. I wonder is the Duggars are camping.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the pics over the past couple days, I was wondering if the Duggar boys were in Oshkosh, WI for the EAA and they are. Glad my husband and son did not go. After the whole Josh thing, my husband would probably tell off Jim Boob in no uncertain terms if they crossed paths.

My son has been flying with the EAA Young Eagles program by us and hubby and son debating going to Oshkosh. In the end, they decided not this year.

Remember when we were trying to figure out why the plane kept going to Hattiesburg?

Well, I'm watching tonight's episode of Bringing Up Bates, and Nathan Bates learned how to fly at a training center there. "A friend who flies" recommended it to him. His instructor sees teaching people to fly as a ministry--Nathan plans to use it for medical purposes on mission trips in the Philippines.

I wonder if Nathan uses the Duggar planes sometimes and/or if John David also does instructing work with this instructor. It would certainly explain all the trips.

Remember when we were trying to figure out why the plane kept going to Hattiesburg?

Well, I'm watching tonight's episode of Bringing Up Bates, and Nathan Bates learned how to fly at a training center there. "A friend who flies" recommended it to him. His instructor sees teaching people to fly as a ministry--Nathan plans to use it for medical purposes on mission trips in the Philippines.

I wonder if Nathan uses the Duggar planes sometimes and/or if John David also does instructing work with this instructor. It would certainly explain all the trips.

I'm not super familiar with the Bates family. Though I did see Lawson posted a video on a small plane and based on comments, I think Nathan is the one flying. Some people asked if John David was flying with them. But I'm sure Nathan would need an actual instructor or something with him, right? (They were going to the Bahamas.)

Cirrus is currently on the way from Big Sandy to Houston.

To Hooks Memorial -- I assume that's a smaller airport? I always wondered how it worked if little planes need to go to a big city airport.

Cirrus is currently on the way from Big Sandy to Houston.

To Hooks Memorial -- I assume that's a smaller airport? I always wondered how it worked if little planes need to go to a big city airport.

Isn't it the Cessna? Not the cirrus?

Isn't it the Cessna? Not the cirrus?

You are right! Sorry, I wrote "Cirrus" on automatic, without double-checking.

Here's the flight record with more detail, because why not.

eoJZ0yph.png

Alert Field to Hooks Memorial (Houston): 200 miles south, 1.5 hour flight, 3.5 hours by car

I suspect this was Josiah, and that he was in the group of four howlers who went to the QUEST thing at ALERT. ati.iblp.org/ati/students/opportunities/quest/ alertacademy.com/quest/ Second link has a blog with pics, but I'm not good at where's waldo; maybe one of you is. :shifty-kitty:

Cessna now preparing to depart Houston for Gladewater, TX.

The Cessna's been to Gladewater before. I wonder what's there.[/quot

google.com/search?q=star+wars+age+of+rebellion+role+playing+games,+halflings+hideaway+games,+july+25&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAGOovnz8BQMDQygHhxCnfq6-gaFxbomZEq9-ur6hYZJ5fG6JeXKBlmp2spV-Tn5yYklmfp5-cmZJZUl-eZ5VaUFyfm5mXrpCallqXklxkoCZqYmhqVGqhUmaaVKKYbLl34UL71i57WcOkHwob7Mz45NQ1OxXAETmHiJyAAAA&sa=X&ved=0CJcBEMQNMBRqFQoTCOam7eKp98YCFYGUDQod17sHHg&biw=1600&bih=765

Some kind of role playing games place??

(Hope I got that link broken)

google.com/search?q=star+wars+age+of+rebellion+role+playing+games,+halflings+hideaway+games,+july+25&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAGOovnz8BQMDQygHhxCnfq6-gaFxbomZEq9-ur6hYZJ5fG6JeXKBlmp2spV-Tn5yYklmfp5-cmZJZUl-eZ5VaUFyfm5mXrpCallqXklxkoCZqYmhqVGqhUmaaVKKYbLl34UL71i57WcOkHwob7Mz45NQ1OxXAETmHiJyAAAA&sa=X&ved=0CJcBEMQNMBRqFQoTCOam7eKp98YCFYGUDQod17sHHg&biw=1600&bih=765

Some kind of role playing games place??

(Hope I got that link broken)

ooh, sounds like fun!

Star Wars is probably too worldly for the Duggars, sadly :cry:

zwmePaKh.png

Cessna, Hooks Memorial (Houston) to Gladewater Municipal, 200 miles north, 1.5 hour flight, 3.5 hours by car. With the map included, I was struck by how close Gladewater seems to be to Big Sandy...yep, it's only ten miles away. So they're probably doing more practice-type stuff or whatever and I wouldn't be surprised if there were undocumented flights between the two airports.

Is it reasonable to fly ten miles, if it's for practice? I say yes! Especially if you go in circles or something. :lol: If I understood my anonymous source correctly (I haven't heard from them in a while) what we see on Flight Aware is a record of the flight tracking service that air traffic control provides and is strictly optional. So I'm thinking the undocumented flights weren't tracked, for whatever reason, and I can see why they wouldn't bother for piddly flights like the ten mile one I just imagined. :wink-kitty:

xC9mIr0h.png

The Cessna flew from Gilmer to Springdale. 300 miles north, 2 hour flight, over 5 hours by car.

Gilmer is 15 miles from Alert Field and Gladewater. I think it's safe to say these airports are all Big Sandy/ALERT destinations. At the very least, google tells me they're all in the same county: Upshur.

The flight took off at 7pm and landed at 9pm, and sunset was around 8:20, so our student* pilot got some twilight flying experience. :clap:

Recapping today's Cessna activity: Upshur County to Houston in the morning. Houston back to Upshur County in the late afternoon--6.5 hours on the ground in Houston. What does a Duggar* student* pilot* who just finished up a month* at ALERT* do in Houston on his first day of freedom? :think: The plane was on the ground in Upshur County for an hour before heading back to the TTH.

If four Duggars went to ALERT and our pilot is a student who requires a CFI to be onboard the flight, there isn't room for every Duggar and the CFI in the plane, iirc. Can the student pilot have passengers at all? Yes, iirc, but I'm not certain. Who is the unlucky Duggar who is stuck on a five hour drive with an accountability partner? Gah, if I had access to a vehicle that cut my transportation time in half or better, I would hate to have to take the slow way ever again. :lol:

*speculative :D

xC9mIr0h.png

The Cessna flew from Gilmer to Springdale. 300 miles north, 2 hour flight, over 5 hours by car.

Gilmer is 15 miles from Alert Field and Gladewater. I think it's safe to say these airports are all Big Sandy/ALERT destinations. At the very least, google tells me they're all in the same county: Upshur.

The flight took off at 7pm and landed at 9pm, and sunset was around 8:20, so our student* pilot got some twilight flying experience. :clap:

Recapping today's Cessna activity: Upshur County to Houston in the morning. Houston back to Upshur County in the late afternoon--6.5 hours on the ground in Houston. What does a Duggar* student* pilot* who just finished up a month* at ALERT* do in Houston on his first day of freedom? :think: The plane was on the ground in Upshur County for an hour before heading back to the TTH.

If four Duggars went to ALERT and our pilot is a student who requires a CFI to be onboard the flight, there isn't room for every Duggar and the CFI in the plane, iirc. Can the student pilot have passengers at all? Yes, iirc, but I'm not certain. Who is the unlucky Duggar who is stuck on a five hour drive with an accountability partner? Gah, if I had access to a vehicle that cut my transportation time in half or better, I would hate to have to take the slow way ever again. :lol:

*speculative :D

I'd rather walk than fly in a plane piloted by any Duggar.

I know the Duggars are clueless, but I'm not.

I'd rather walk than fly in a plane piloted by any Duggar.

I know the Duggars are clueless, but I'm not.

come on now he has jesus as a copilot how could you not be safe?

They went to the woodlands homeschool conference in Florida on Saturday. Tanner the Alert guy, JD, and Josiah. Just to attend/represent alert maybe. Not on the schedule.

thsc.org/events/texas-home-school-conventions/woodlands/

They went to the woodlands homeschool conference in Florida on Saturday. Tanner the Alert guy, JD, and Josiah. Just to attend/represent alert maybe. Not on the schedule.

thsc.org/events/texas-home-school-conventions/woodlands/

Mystery solved! Did you see it on somebody's IG or...? (not my idea of a fun Saturday btw :? )

Yes @tanneralert

JD is actually in town now. They all went to a trampoline park with Sierra and others according to the official @duggarfam.

The Cirrus is about to take off for North Central Missouri.

The Cirrus is about to take off for North Central Missouri.

Got a more specific location? Not sure when the state fair is but it's got to be coming up soon.

Got a more specific location? Not sure when the state fair is but it's got to be coming up soon.

I think church_of_dog gets email alerts when a plane files a flight plan (or am I remembering that wrong?) I finally broke down and registered so that I can get them too; but I chose to get the alerts after landing, as that's when I prefer to take screenshots. I will update the thread upon receipt of said email. :geek:

Archived