IGNORED

Duggar Aviation LLC

indifferent

The Cessna 172 has a maximum range of 801 miles (1,289 km) and the Cirrus SR22 has a max range of 1,207 miles (1,943 km). Fayetteville to Ho Chih Minh City is an ~24 hr flight, which would mean it would be several thousand miles. It's probably a glitch, but we shall see.

edited to add: both planes cannot fly above an altitude of 20,000 ft., so vietnam is very unlikely.

edit 2: Pakse International Airport (PKZ/VLPS) is in Laos, not Vietnam.

I agree. I just figured that whatever the error was would be fixed soon as it was noticed, and it hasn't changed in over two hours.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N68SY

ETA: link goes to same page as Halcionne posted.

ETA #2 -- my guess about the international date line was wrong, because it's not yesterday there, it's tomorrow! :lol: So that shouldn't be why this flight is listed as already complete...

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. I just figured that whatever the error was would be fixed soon as it was noticed, and it hasn't changed in over two hours.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N68SY

ETA: link goes to same page as Halcionne posted.

If the planes ID isn't listed, perhaps it's a rental? Not sure how much renting a plane equipped for flying internationally costs, but with these people you never know.

What makes me think it's a glitch is the flight duration. On other FlightAware flights crossing the IDL, the duration includes hours and minutes. On the Duggar flight to Laos, the duration is only includes minutes.

Man, all this airplane talk is making me miss international travel!

That flight is listed for the Cirrus. It's too soon to know what it means; are they really going to Vietnam? Is that where the Dillards are? Did they sell/hire the plane to someone who's flying to Vietnam? Is it all some kind of error?

I got screencaps but I cant crop them at the moment. http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N68S ... /KPNS/VLPS

I'm praying they aren't travelling over 1,000 mi. in a plane like the SR22. That is a disaster waiting to happen.

Wut. They definitely cannot fly that plane across the ocean. You can't fly a plane like that for 24 hours!

The flight is listed for N68SY, which as Halcionne said is the Cirrus. But on the linked page, under the aircraft column, where it would normally say "SR22/G", it says unknown. That's what puzzled me -- it's either that tail number or it's not, and they don't swap tail numbers among planes. So why would all other flights of that plane list a certain number and then this flight say unknown?

And yes, the flight is listed as taking 11 minutes, when it's over 9000 miles. Obviously some glitch.

I agree that the actual Cirrus is not flying over the Pacific. But what does that listing mean? Inquiring minds want to know!

screenie w map

Afs8J5Dh.png

I'll go with data entry error. Keeping us conspiracy theorists on our toes. :h-kiss:

screenie w map

Afs8J5Dh.png

I'll go with data entry error. Keeping us conspiracy theorists on our toes. :h-kiss:

There goes JD flirting with you again. That ol' dog.

There goes JD flirting with you again. That ol' dog.

Yep, he knows how to get me excited. :wink-penguin:

There were rumors that four Duggar boys ages 14-18 were at an ALERT event called QUEST, but the dates conflict with James's birthday, so I'm not sure what to think about it.

Makes sense since Jeremiah, Jedediah, Jason, and Josiah weren't present in Amy's graduation party photos.

OK, another flight plan filed for the Cirrus, going from Pensacola back to Springdale tonight.

Guess the whole Vietnam thing was either a glitch or JD messing with us...

BoEL0hvh.png

I forgot to note on the outbound trip that Pensacola is 700 miles and 3 hours south east of Duggar central. They were only there for the day; they sure are busy busy busy! Not.

Vietnam Laos was fun while it lasted. :D

BoEL0hvh.png

I forgot to note on the outbound trip that Pensacola is 700 miles and 3 hours south east of Duggar central. They were only there for the day; they sure are busy busy busy! Not.

Vietnam Laos was fun while it lasted. :D

Ah well. Maybe he'll fat finger his way into an exotic locale soon. Sure does beat Hattiesburg, MS

Makes sense since Jeremiah, Jedediah, Jason, and Josiah weren't present in Amy's graduation party photos.

What did Amy graduate from? :think: Do you mean the engagement photo?

just noticed Alicja's correction that PKS/VLPS is Laos, not Vietnam. My apologies, I should have looked it up.

The system is far from perfect, and relies heavily on properly entered information by humans. Smart humans. So....

I'm a contributor to FlightAware - I have an ADS-B receiver at my house and share my flight information with the site. So many flights are un-trackable by the public, well, so many corporate jets and government entities. Boggles my mind that they haven't opted the Cirrus and the Cessna out of public tracking view. Well, I'm sure they don't know they even can. Don't nobody tell 'em!

I haven't had my coffee yet, but it looks like it's just taking off, not landing?

Wonder what's happening in Pensacola?

Is Pensacola near where the Kellers are? Perhaps there's a FL birth in store for M4?

Pensacola? So he came to visit me, yeah?

I live in Pensacola and it has the Pensacola Christian College here.

What did Amy graduate from? :think: Do you mean the engagement photo?

Oops, I did mean the engagement photo. Thanks!

(I could try a save and say that Amy is finally getting her MRS degree...?)

Is Pensacola near where the Kellers are? Perhaps there's a FL birth in store for M4?

Wouldn't it be inadvisable for an overdue pregnant woman to fly, especially in a small plane?

I don't know here Anna's family lives. But maybe he flew down to get them and bring them to Arkansas to be with her.

Anna's family is closer to Jacksonville, iirc. My money is on Hovind shenanigans or maybe PCC; Jennifer Hartono graduated from there last year (iirc again), so they have at least minimal ties there.

The Laos flight info never did get deleted; how funny.

Yes, Jennifer graduated from there. Pensacola is about 7 hours from Jacksonville, so not close to Anna's family.

Isn't that pastor that just got out of jail in FL? Maybe Boob is visiting him?

Isn't that pastor that just got out of jail in FL? Maybe Boob is visiting him?

Yep. Kent Hovind resided in Pensacola before he was arrested.

And I'm so relieved the Pakse thing was just a glitch. The Duggars do make... interesting decisions but flying more than 1,000 mi. in a tiny Cirrus plane like that is really, really dangerous. Plus, who the hell would ever WANT to fly 24+ hrs. in such a tiny plane? Airplane food tastes so good when you've been sitting for 4 hours straight.

Archived