IGNORED

Duggar Aviation LLC

indifferent

Isn't that pastor that just got out of jail in FL? Maybe Boob is visiting him?

Yes, and they went to visit him on the day he was released. There was a trip to Yazoo City discussed upthread about it.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or visiting Alyssa Webster?

Alyssa is in Orlando area--not Pensacola.

Florida is a big state.

I'm gonna say something very unpopular since the trend I see is "JD is the only one that works/ has a job," but he seems to have a lot of time to go on these flights. Are we saying that in-between flying to meet up with ex-cons and other mystery trips he's working FT cracking boulders? We don't know if he is still constable, but that isn't a FT gig. We saw him once on TV showing Michelle how to dig a hole... we know that either the Duggars owned that equipment or TLC rented it for them, bc there is no take your momma to work day on construction sites. Why is there this sentiment of JD is such a hard worker?

JD is third fav Duggar, so I'm not trying to bash him, but what am I missing?

I'm gonna say something very unpopular since the trend I see is "JD is the only one that works/ has a job," but he seems to have a lot of time to go on these flights. Are we saying that in-between flying to meet up with ex-cons and other mystery trips he's working FT cracking boulders? We don't know if he is still constable, but that isn't a FT gig. We saw him once on TV showing Michelle how to dig a hole... we know that either the Duggars owned that equipment or TLC rented it for them, bc there is no take your momma to work day on construction sites. Why is there this sentiment of JD is such a hard worker?

JD is third fav Duggar, so I'm not trying to bash him, but what am I missing?

Josiah is also a pilot, student but he needs hours, we don't know if each time the plane goes up it's one of them we are just making that assumption. But JD doing anything but sitting on his ass is better than the rest of his siblings. Plus being a private pilot for your family is a job of sorts.

Josiah is also a pilot, student but he needs hours, we don't know if each time the plane goes up it's one of them we are just making that assumption. But JD doing anything but sitting on his ass is better than the rest of his siblings. Plus being a private pilot for your family is a job of sorts.

A job of sorts? Isn't that the whole issue people have with the Duggar kids? They all have jobs of sorts. Jana, Jinger, Joy are employed as FT nanny, cooks, maids. The Duggar boys are Duggar handymen. Joseph, I give the most credit to because he is off at a college of sorts (forgot about him-- sorry JD, you moved from my 3rd fav to 4th now)

And btw, just using his twin Jana as a comparison, I wouldn't call what she does "sitting on her ass."

Yes, and they went to visit him on the day he was released. There was a trip to Yazoo City discussed upthread about it.

From Eric's 12:16am 7/15 FB entry (the flight took place 7/14 I'm presuming):

"What a treat!!! Got to fly over the beach today!!! ‪#‎lovepensacola‬"

There are a few more pics, but I am horrible at adding them here, so I'm just doing the one to solve the mystery...unless it was already solved... I can be horrible at missing earlier posts too.

post-11800-14452000568598_thumb.png

Cirrus getting ready to go to Olive Branch, MS this morning.

A job of sorts? Isn't that the whole issue people have with the Duggar kids? They all have jobs of sorts. Jana, Jinger, Joy are employed as FT nanny, cooks, maids. The Duggar boys are Duggar handymen. Joseph, I give the most credit to because he is off at a college of sorts (forgot about him-- sorry JD, you moved from my 3rd fav to 4th now)

And btw, just using his twin Jana as a comparison, I wouldn't call what she does "sitting on her ass."

Jana and JD are the only ones who don't sit on their ass and it's sad. Have we really seen any of the boys do anything handy? No they call JD for that. We've seen Joy with the littles and she threatens to go get Jana.

From Eric's 12:16am 7/15 FB entry (the flight took place 7/14 I'm presuming):

"What a treat!!! Got to fly over the beach today!!! ‪#‎lovepensacola‬"

There are a few more pics, but I am horrible at adding them here, so I'm just doing the one to solve the mystery...unless it was already solved... I can be horrible at missing earlier posts too.

Yes, the Cirrus was in Pensacola from roughly noon to midnight on the 14th. Is that post from Eric's IG or Twitter, or what?

Cirrus getting ready to go to Olive Branch, MS this morning.

Only to return immediately. What gives? (Olive Branch is at the TN state line, in the Memphis area, and a 1.5 hour flight ESE from Springdale. Not close to the other recent MS destinations.)

RwpG1Hmh.png

Don't know if it has been noted before but it appears that JD is instrument rated.

Good for him, if true. Where did you hear/see this? brb, checking faa.gov*

*ETA faa.gov does not show an instrument rating (yet)

I would love to know how much, per hour, these flights cost in terms of gas/airport fees/aircraft maintenance etc.

Vs. how much income JD receives through his tow-truck business & part time constable gig (if the constable job pays at all)

I would love to know how much, per hour, these flights cost in terms of gas/airport fees/aircraft maintenance etc.

Vs. how much income JD receives through his tow-truck business & part time constable gig (if the constable job pays at all)

I'm pretty sure the tow truck business went kaput with the car lot.

Since they own the plane I believe it's about $100 bucks an hour depending on cost of fuel.

I thought the tow truck business was still around. I can remember a pic of Ben driving one of the tow trucks, and he wasn't around in the days of the car lot.

I thought the tow truck business was still around. I can remember a pic of Ben driving one of the tow trucks, and he wasn't around in the days of the car lot.

Hmm. I wonder which business name they would operate it under. Duggar Aviation and Duggar Properties don't make sense (well you could argue property, if they're doing construction, maaaaaybe). There are a few other businesses but we don't know what they do.

Could they use the tow truck for personal use, since they own it privately?

Halcionne: Pic of plane + JD was from Facebook, which btw had a comment: who's the pilot love his shirt. Gr. There are a couple of other pics sans JD (show kids in plane, view from plane)

HH: JD's constable gig is PT and DOES NOT PAY. This position requires the person to pay for their uniform and any training (training is optional) At this time we don't know if he is still doing it. If you want more gory details there is a Constable JD thread.

If you look up Duggar towing there isn't an active listing (if I remember correctly) He may have kept some of the equipment, bc they are packrats and have the space, but I don't think that business is going. The other hint I have is when Michelle was out there with him digging a hole, they only talked about this vs his thriving towing business or some such. They could totally have and use a tow truck privately if the people operating have the correct drivers license (I don't know if they need a special one bc of size)

That's a sexy looking plane. I'm feeling a bit defrauded. I can see enough of the tail number to feel confident that it's the Duggar plane. Have another picture, because I'm redundant like that. Does this mean JD and Eric are what passes for friends in these circles?

PgHRtC1h.jpg

Yes, the Cirrus was in Pensacola from roughly noon to midnight on the 14th. Is that post from Eric's IG or Twitter, or what?

Only to return immediately. What gives? (Olive Branch is at the TN state line, in the Memphis area, and a 1.5 hour flight ESE from Springdale. Not close to the other recent MS destinations.)

RwpG1Hmh.png

Good for him, if true. Where did you hear/see this? brb, checking faa.gov*

*ETA faa.gov does not show an instrument rating (yet)

I was guessing only because it seems he flies after dark, though I may not be reading the flight times correctly.

That's a sexy looking plane. I'm feeling a bit defrauded. I can see enough of the tail number to feel confident that it's the Duggar plane. Have another picture, because I'm redundant like that. Does this mean JD and Eric are what passes for friends in these circles?

PgHRtC1h.jpg

I know you love looking at JDs tail. Frankly, his coquettishness is what keeps him in my top 5 Duggars.

Have they always been BFFs and we just never noticed until his daddy left the slammer OR did these 2 lock eyes when they flew down to help the old jailbird fly coop?

So all those Hattiesburg trips JD/JB flying they were visiting Sr at the gray bar hotel. I wonder what those boobies are trying hatch up.

I was guessing only because it seems he flies after dark, though I may not be reading the flight times correctly.

You can fly at night without instrument certification (in the US) under Visual Flight Rules

Per CFR 61.57

(b) Night takeoff and landing experience.

(1) Except as provided in paragraph (e) of this section, no person may act as pilot in command of an aircraft carrying passengers during the period beginning 1 hour after sunset and ending 1 hour before sunrise, unless within the preceding 90 days that person has made at least three takeoffs and three landings to a full stop during the period beginning 1 hour after sunset and ending 1 hour before sunrise, and—

(i) That person acted as sole manipulator of the flight controls; and

(ii) The required takeoffs and landings were performed in an aircraft of the same category, class, and type (if a type rating is required).

(2) The takeoffs and landings required by paragraph (b)(1) of this section may be accomplished in a flight simulator that is—

(i) Approved by the Administrator for takeoffs and landings, if the visual system is adjusted to represent the period described in paragraph (b)(1) of this section; and

(ii) Used in accordance with an approved course conducted by a training center certificated underpart 142 of this chapter.

law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/14/61.57

Here's a good summary of night flying requirements that is easier to read (less refer to number etc):

ehow.com/about_5135634_night-flying-requirements-private-pilot.html

ETA: break link to Cornell Uni since not a new source, though a damn fine university.

Since they own the plane I believe it's about $100 bucks an hour depending on cost of fuel.

How much does it cost to buy a plane like this?

I am under the impression that it is the insurance that costs all the money when owning a plane.

How much does it cost to buy a plane like this?

I am under the impression that it is the insurance that costs all the money when owning a plane.

If you scroll back a dozen or so pages, you'll find pricing etc on the planes. I remember there was a discussion re current pricing based on age etc -- including current listings out there (you know if you're in the market)

If you scroll back a dozen or so pages, you'll find pricing etc on the planes. I remember there was a discussion re current pricing based on age etc -- including current listings out there (you know if you're in the market)

Ok I see that this plane of theirs cost anywhere from 10K to 100K I assume they picked it up as cheap as possible.

But the insurance is a different matter. I was under the impression that plane insurance cost a great deal, but I guess not. I googled and found this advice:

Expect to pay anywhere from $600 a year and up for your [annual aircraft insurance] premium depending on the airplane, your time and type and your total hours. $1,100 a year seems to be fairly typical of a Cessna 172 class airplane flown by a VFR pilot. That was what I was paying when I first bought my PA-28 Warrior. After I reached 350 hours total time (by which time I also had my instrument rating), my insurance premium went down to $600 a year.

from .planeviz.com/cost-of-aircraft-ownership-ep-9/

I honestly thought it would be a lot more than that. More like 600 to 1100 per month.

Jana and JD are the only ones who don't sit on their ass and it's sad. Have we really seen any of the boys do anything handy? No they call JD for that. We've seen Joy with the littles and she threatens to go get Jana.

HAHA are you saying that Joy calls Jana so she can sit back down on her ass? My guess would've been that she is just starting to move up to a leadership position so Jackson & The Lost Girls are thinking fuck you, you used to be one of us. We don't have to listen to you. And in turn, she hasn't yet learned how to manage them. I'm sure at one point Jana used to threaten to get Michelle.

Bottom line and to my original point. I don't get how JD is the hardworking Duggar. At best he has a "Job of sorts" which is not what one would think of for an able bodied 25 yo. And comparing him to supposed lazier siblings? That does not a hard worker make. I just don't get how he has this reputation still...

Archived