IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect - "Gayby" on Board

happy atheist

There were probably plenty of safe places to park/camp but Lauren rejected them as "inauthentic". She seems determined to experience the seedy side of life, which I can understand in a sheltered middle class missionary kid who married her first boyfriend, but doing so while pregnant and dragging along her four daughters is unforgivable.

I hope her cash was on cards that she can get cancelled and reissued, not in her purse in travellers cheques. And I hope that the gold star gays will rescue her and the girls if necessary.

But for fucks sake Lauren. Like it or not you're the grown up in your family, and the whole world is not your rainbow family just dying to join you on your sparkling adventure. Get a grip.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There were probably plenty of safe places to park/camp but Lauren rejected them as "inauthentic". She seems determined to experience the seedy side of life, which I can understand in a sheltered middle class missionary kid who married her first boyfriend, but doing so while pregnant and dragging along her four daughters is unforgivable.

I hope her cash was on cards that she can get cancelled and reissued, not in her purse in travellers cheques. And I hope that the gold star gays will rescue her and the girls if necessary.

But for fucks sake Lauren. Like it or not you're the grown up in your family, and the whole world is not your rainbow family just dying to join you on your sparkling adventure. Get a grip.

This, this, this.

This is so worrisome to me. She has more or less deleted her real time online presence in a time of need. I really hope they're all okay and grateful she had the smarts to keep their passports secured away from the rest of their valuables.

I can't believe I'm saying this,but I hope she's scamming.

why would she delete the accounts instead of changing the passwords at an internet cafe? :?

eta everything was there except facebook, mbe it's just a personal problem she has with fb for some reason.

As sad as it may be that they were robbed, I don't buy it.

I see this as a ploy to

1) get more money from people feeling bad for her and the girls to "replace" the ipads

2) go off the grid to avoid being tracked or caught for her "not so legal" surrogacy and "free" trip

3) avoid the attention of iceland's government in case she is asked questions at the border

4) avoid criticism from her "fans" for their trip

Hopefully those girls are okay. I could care less about Lauren's well-being once she hands over the baby.

As sad as it may be that they were robbed, I don't buy it.

I see this as a ploy to

1) get more money from people feeling bad for her and the girls to "replace" the ipads

2) go off the grid to avoid being tracked or caught for her "not so legal" surrogacy and "free" trip

3) avoid the attention of iceland's government in case she is asked questions at the border

4) avoid criticism from her "fans" for their trip

Hopefully those girls are okay. I could care less about Lauren's well-being once she hands over the baby.

It makes me wonder if perhaps gallivanting around China and Europe was more expensive than our sparkler anticipated.

Where did she post about being robbed? If she was just making a cash grab, she'd put it on the blog, I'd think.

So far I think it's only been on the Red Gypsy Lauren FB page. That page and the Sparkling Adventures page both came down yesterday for a while. Now it seems the Red Gypsy page is back up but Sparkling Adventures is not, at least not the last time I looked, which was a couple of hours ago.

If we take her post at face value, then either they were in the van when it was robbed, or she was dumb enough to leave her purse and all of her electronics unattended.

They were probably inside; stopping at truckstops in France and Belgium is notorious. When I was little, my parents, sister and I slept in a campervan on a motorway stop in Belgium and my dad woke up from a noise. Luckily his moving around in the van scared them off, but we discovered the next morning they had stolen the fuel cap and started syphoning the fuel off. We were inside. Similarly, my grandad had his tyres stolen off a campervan he was sleeping inside in France and family friends had their campercan burgled while sleeping at the top in France, too. Happens all the time to more cautious people.

They were probably inside; stopping at truckstops in France and Belgium is notorious. When I was little, my parents, sister and I slept in a campervan on a motorway stop in Belgium and my dad woke up from a noise. Luckily his moving around in the van scared them off, but we discovered the next morning they had stolen the fuel cap and started syphoning the fuel off. We were inside. Similarly, my grandad had his tyres stolen off a campervan he was sleeping inside in France and family friends had their campercan burgled while sleeping at the top in France, too. Happens all the time to more cautious people.

That's really scary.

That's really scary.

What would happen in a hostage situation? Like in the movie Taken? :shock: There's just so much dangerous shit going on these days. They really should get themselves home or at least stick to safer, protected tourist areas.

Disclaimer: I live in France and I am not just saying this to be a jerk. BUT, there are a LOT of Roma in France, and there are roving gangs of 'em that track tourists/foreigners and ripping them off is their full time job. Sad but so true. And to the poster that said that this is especially true at gas stations on the motorways this is absolutely correct.

So far I think it's only been on the Red Gypsy Lauren FB page. That page and the Sparkling Adventures page both came down yesterday for a while. Now it seems the Red Gypsy page is back up but Sparkling Adventures is not, at least not the last time I looked, which was a couple of hours ago.

If the laptop was perma-logged in to her accounts they could easily be messed with. I put the passcode lock on my ipad when I take public transport for this very reason.

Surely she can't replace $4-5000 worth of electronics in the midst of a trip which has to be costing at least $150 a day, with zero income.

I wonder if there's an Apple store in Reykjavik?

I wonder what is on that laptop and if Lauren has reason to be worried, because if she is selling that baby to the gold star gays, her emails will probably be full of transatcion details. On the other hand, whoever stole her stuff probably doesn't care anyway.

I'm in withdrawal too. What are they doing over there? How can they afford all this? Where did this camper even come from??? Are they using other people? Is she going to get picked up by immigration?

I wonder if she has travel insurance?

I was just thinking of the news headlines. Mother of myrdered child stranded abroad with three children etc etc.

I wonder if she has travel insurance?

I was just thinking of the news headlines. Mother of myrdered child stranded abroad with three children etc etc.

Four children.

No, there's four. I thought you said three because you were speculating about if something happened to one of them, ie three remaining.

She's in France ? Oh Dear God, noooooooooooo. Not my country :cry:

Trust me, I'm pretty nervous about her planned (finances willing! :roll: ) trip to North American in 2015.

Archived