IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect - "Gayby" on Board

happy atheist

Lauren has along history of letting her girls go off with complete strangers, or even by themselves. Maybe there was no risk in this situation, maybe there was not. The paid guide was in NO way a second parent to Lauren yet in typical Lauren fashion, she happily set her up as one and thought nothing of it.

You are talking about a woman who lost her toddler in a street crown for Chinese New Year 2.5 years ago and decided that there was no reason to look for the child but to trust the toddler would be capable of caring for herself and find her way back. A woman who let her young daughter get lost in the bush on Christmas Eve with a grown man she had met that very day and though it was an awesome experience for such a young child.

All status quo for Lauren.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am surprised that only one of her five kids has died so far, and that none of them have been molested.

Lauren is a terrible parent, and the average animal has more mothering instinct than her (even the ones that often eat their young).

Lauren has along history of letting her girls go off with complete strangers, or even by themselves. Maybe there was no risk in this situation, maybe there was not. The paid guide was in NO way a second parent to Lauren yet in typical Lauren fashion, she happily set her up as one and thought nothing of it.

You are talking about a woman who lost her toddler in a street crown for Chinese New Year 2.5 years ago and decided that there was no reason to look for the child but to trust the toddler would be capable of caring for herself and find her way back. A woman who let her young daughter get lost in the bush on Christmas Eve with a grown man she had met that very day and though it was an awesome experience for such a young child.

All status quo for Lauren.

I totally agree that she's done a lot of crappy parenting. I just don't think letting 3 of her kids walk to the next watchtower with a guide was a problem. This was probably 20-30 minutes of time at the most, and in line of sight (if she bothered to watch) most of the time.

I wonder if she'll have a baby for me.... :stir-pot:

I want a baby in the worst kind of way, but I would avoid her like the plague.

I am surprised that only one of her five kids has died so far, and that none of them have been molested.

Lauren is a terrible parent, and the average animal has more mothering instinct than her (even the ones that often eat their young).

Sadly, we don't know if the latter has been the case or not--it's not very sparkly to admit that one or several of your daughters has been violated. These girls are prime targets for being sexually exploited, IMO.

None of them have been molested that we know of. I guarantee you that at least one has, and that she won't breathe a word to her sparkly mother. Can you imagine being a child and telling Lauren that one of her sparkly rainbow friends is hurting you? Yeah, right. My guess would be Aisha and Calista, just by their general demeanor. They seem to have the saddest faces and lowest self esteem. I generally have fairly good radar when it comes to this sort of thing. But don't worry. I'm sure being molested is also a neutral event. Those poor girls.

None of them have been molested that we know of. I guarantee you that at least one has, and that she won't breathe a word to her sparkly mother.

How can you guarantee it? If a child *has* been assaulted, that's that child's story to tell, not yours.

I agree with everyone that Lauren's parenting choices leave the kids vulnerable to abuse and exploitation. I don't agree that it's appropriate to speculate about whether these things have already happened to the girls. That's up there with speculating kids' sexual orientation or talking about their looks, as far as I'm concerned. The kids didn't ask for this life and they didn't ask for this type of publicity. Respect their privacy.

Full enough quiver please put your post behind spoiler text. It is a trigger for anyone who has ever been sexually abused. I know you are snarking but that kind of snark should be hidden with a warning because it is a trigger.

No one can " guarantee" that the child of the neglectful mother who let's her kids wander off with strangers has been molested-- or pinpoint which one by their looks and demeanor -

--any more than you can be certain that the happy, self-confident child in the clean suburban home with the helicopter mom HASN'T been molested.

One child certainly might be more likely than the other to have been victimized -- but saying with certaintity that you know which reduces both of them to stereotypes.

!  {TEXT1}:
Speculating about who may or may not have been molested is out of line and will stop now.

It's fine to express concern about the extent to which Lauren fails to protect her children, it is not fine to "guarantee" that a child has been molested.

Does she have her daughters call her by her first name? If so, is this an authenticity move or what?

When they are walking in righteousness they call her Lauren. When they are being needy they call her mom. Or something like that... Lauren explained it at some point, maybe someone has the link. It kind of makes it sound like she's just the babysitter... which sort of seems like the level of depth of her feeling for them... she likes having them around, when they're not too inconvenient...

Sorry everyone. My post was inappropriate. I didn't mean it the way it came out. Being a victim myself, I feel like I can get a good idea of when other people may have been victimized, but my speculation was inappropriate. I reported my own post, if mods could please take it down? I can't seem to do it on my phone. Again, I'm really sorry.

Sorry everyone. My post was inappropriate. I didn't mean it the way it came out. Being a victim myself, I feel like I can get a good idea of when other people may have been victimized, but my speculation was inappropriate. I reported my own post, if mods could please take it down? I can't seem to do it on my phone. Again, I'm really sorry.

It's not because you're on your phone. We have a 90 minute (I think) editing window during which users can edit their posts. I believe you can delete a post in that same window as long as no one has replied to it.

I'm not going to delete it, because we don't do that here at FJ. As long as you avoid that sort of thing in the future everything will be cool.

There is just not one thing in Lauren's background and history that makes it even plausible, much less likely, that if Lauren sent her children off with a complete stranger, that she made ANY attempts to keep an eye on them, even if it was possible TO keep an eye on them. She doesn't supervise and keep an eye on them when they are with her, she doesn't give a rat's rear end who they take off with, why on earth would there ever be an assumption that just because she was in a foreign country she magically realized she was supposed to keep an eye on her children, especially when she let them go forward with the stranger/guide while she stayed behind?

No, I don't think this particular person did anything to harm those children. I think Lauren makes no distinction from those who could and would harm her children and those who are actually safe, and rather the second she finds a stranger she can convince to let her delegate parental responsibility to, she will do so, even when that someone is a stranger in China she just met that morning.

It's not because you're on your phone. We have a 90 minute (I think) editing window during which users can edit their posts. I believe you can delete a post in that same window as long as no one has replied to it.

I'm not going to delete it, because we don't do that here at FJ. As long as you avoid that sort of thing in the future everything will be cool.

I thought it was ten minutes.

I thought it was ten minutes.

It used to be 10 minutes. I think it's 90 now.

Since I'm an admin I always have the edit button, so I can't check.

I love that her most recent instagram photo is right in front of a "no photos" sign. She don't need no stinking rules!

Hellena posted a comment:

OH MY GOD!!!! You’ve helped solve a problem. Been wondering where Griff got ‘hot juice’ from all those years ago. And now I know!!! He must have had a past life where he hung out in a kids playroom at a Hotel in Beijing, with one of those magical hot juice dispensers!!! And the memory was so strong, that he carried it through and remembered it as a two year old :) Now I know where to tell them where they can go to get a hot juice! I can rest easy tonight :))

Hellena posted a comment:

She might be joking, but with Helena I'm inclined to believe she is serious about this.

I took this so mean "get the human children checked for illnesses" and it went in a really weird direction. :lol:

I'm with you. I also wondered why the girls would be getting spayed.

Just what it sounds like. The girls tried it from a free food/drink station in a hotel in Beijing.

Juice served hot instead of cold, like hot cider.

Archived