IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect - "Gayby" on Board

happy atheist

I'm still at a loss at why these dads would want such a whack-job donating her DNA and giving birth to their kid. I mean, I'm sure she comes off as charming when she wants to, and I actually think she's gorgeous, but her blog is a public testament to how insane she is.

Is it just a looks thing? They thought she was pretty and redheaded and not fat and that's all that mattered?

There are a lot of reasons why this whole arrangement is a terrible idea, but the gays get what they want, assuming it doesn't become an international dispute. I do think they will get their baby.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still at a loss at why these dads would want such a whack-job donating her DNA and giving birth to their kid. I mean, I'm sure she comes off as charming when she wants to, and I actually think she's gorgeous, but her blog is a public testament to how insane she is.

Is it just a looks thing? They thought she was pretty and redheaded and not fat and that's all that mattered?

Aren't there a lot of pretty, redheaded, thin women out there? Granted I've never been in the market for a surrogate, but is it that hard to find someone that you have to settle for a loon who lives on the other side of the world?

Ireland and Russia both have a lot of redheads, surrogacy is legal, and they're a lot closer to Iceland. There weren't any pretty, nice, normal women there willing to do it?

The very fact that the gold star gays picked Lauren as their child's biological mother makes me seriously question their sanity and ethics in this situation.

Why would anyone reproduce with Lauren? She is batshit insane.

It absolutely calls into question the intelligence & judgment of the gold star gays.

:trainwreck:

Most of us are saying she is disturbing. And that is an opinion and a feeling. She is disturbing to me...others not feeling that way doesn't make my internal feeling any less valid. Nor does thinking she is disturbing = she killed her kid. Even without his death (and that is a huge big even if) she is disturbing. Just because she is doing something that you could characterize mostly positively as benign neglect (and I personally don't believe it is benign) it is reasonable to feel disturbed and worried she might become worse. Even if it isn't damaging to the girls, I think it is damaging to her.

I think Lauren and David are a whole heap of batshit crazy. But what you've said here is really scandalous. Ambulance workers aren't trained in psychiatric diagnosis. Child services were involved and she was investigated. Just because your friend thinks she was acting weird, means nothing. SHE IS WEIRD. That doesn't make her a murderer. You all think it was 'planned', but of course you have no proof. And now I'll tell you why you have no proof - because people instinctively hate difference and its the difference that makes you so uncomfortable that you have to create a narrative that works for you. If you knew anything about the religious doctrine they followed you'd know that 'sins of the father' is a line from a movie, not a reflection of any Christian's reality governing punishment. It's attitudes like yours that saw Lindy Chamberlain put away - ignorance, 'gut feelings' and wild assumptions.

If you know something, report it. If you don't have any evidence - and I'm certain you don't, then don't fabricate 'your friends' experience into meaning something when it means nothing.

I've had direct experience with ambulance workers at a crisis scene and I can tell you, they don't know shit. They're just the workers that collect the bodies. That's why we have CORONERS. And the coroner is satisfied with the events of that day, so any talk about possible murder plots should be BACKED UP by evidence or simply stopped.

Firstly, the term ambulance driver is archaic and insulting. Paramedics are extremely highly trained and multi skilled.

Her behaviour was wierd. Not oh I'm kooky and into pixies and crystals wierd but abnormal and suspicious wierd. I'd trust my experienced colleagues opinion on her.

You obviously have not worked in the industry and perhaps gain your perspective by TV shows such as Chicago Fire which is incredibly bad and factually incorrect.

We see psych problems every day so are pretty good at diagnosing problems.

Also, paramedics do not do body collections. So it seems you are the one that knows shit. Bodies are collected by the state coroner or funeral home.

The Sins of the Father comment was a comment I made off hand about a possible motive. I can speculate like anyone else here.

I am not sure what my comments have to do with Lindy Chamberline. She was found guilty. Why or how is irrelevant. And yes I think she did it. Dingos can't undress babies.

I don't have to prove anything to you. Why lie about something like this? I don't gain anything by doing so. I never said I was at the river but we all talk. We heard what was happening via radio talk. We spoke about the situation while at hospital or station.

So, since I am new here I will be the bugger person and leave this conversation as I do not wish to enter any arguments.

Firstly, the term ambulance driver is archaic and insulting. Paramedics are extremely highly trained and multi skilled.

Her behaviour was wierd. Not oh I'm kooky and into pixies and crystals wierd but abnormal and suspicious wierd. I'd trust my experienced colleagues opinion on her.

You obviously have not worked in the industry and perhaps gain your perspective by TV shows such as Chicago Fire which is incredibly bad and factually incorrect.

Also, paramedics do not do body collections. So it seems you are the one that knows shit. Bodies are collected by the state coroner or funeral home.

The Sins of the Father comment was a comment I made off hand about a possible motive. I can speculate like anyone else here.

I am not sure what my comments have to do with Lindy Chamberline. She was found guilty. Why or how is irrelevant. And yes I think she did it. Dingos can't undress babies.

I don't have to prove anything to you. Why lie about something like this? I don't gain anything by doing so. I never said I was at the river but we all talk. We heard what was happening via radio talk. We spoke about the situation while at hospital or station.

So, since I am new here I will be the bugger person and leave this conversation as I do not wish to enter any arguments.

Lindy Chamberlain was exonerated. And there are records of dingos doing crazier shit than undressing a baby. Like getting meat out of a wrapped package without tearing the butcher paper.

Hello - are you aware that this is happening in Australia? You sound like an American. I actually work in a field where I come across many agencies - and I stand what I said about ambulance paramedics right here in Melbourne Australia. Can they save your life? Yes. Are they in a position to make judgements on a persons mental state and or their motivation for murder? NO.

Lindy Chamberlain was CLEARED and if you knew the details of the case, you'd know that she couldn't have committed the murder for many reasons - not least of which is the fact that science at that time didn't know the difference between fetal blood and rust. Her miscarriage of justice case has a lot to do with the comment I replied to because at that time in Australian society, the opinions of uneducated biased idiots were taken as 'accounts of fact' which they clearly weren't. OPINIONS IMPRISONED an innocent women. A point I'm not surprised you didn't pick up on.

If there are FACTS to report - report them. There's no reason to start a whisper or conspiracy of Lauren being a murderer.

I don't actually watch TV and I have no idea what you're talking about.

This is exactly right. Additionally, they would be able to tell if the injuries to Elijah's body (and there would have been injuries with a fall from that height) are pre- or postmortem, as well as looking for things like finger/nail marks, petechial hemorrhaging, bites to the tongue/inside of the mouth and other injuries that commonly occur when a person is forcefully drowned or suffocated.

But she wasn't saying that Lauren did drown Elijah, only that she initially suspected it. Anna, you really need to calm down. Ambulance workers are actually extremely skilled people (not in the area of psychiatry, nobody claimed that) and it's a pretty huge insult to say they're just employed to move bodies. I've had my life saved by them before.

Incidentally, nobody here is claiming they knew Lauren's state of mind, or that they're right. It's speculation. Gherkin was just reporting what their colleague said, they weren't claiming it was the gospel truth or that they had special insight. Just chill.

How nice that you can be 'chill' about the fact that commentators are implying that Lauren was involved in the murder of her son. With no facts. Only whispers and 'friend of a friend told me'. Nice.

"what their colleague said" - a colleague who is not fit to make claims about the intentions of a grieving mother - murderous or otherwise. If this 'colleague' has information, they should report it. Not talk about it and spread misinformation. Ambulance workers may be extremely skilled in a very specific way - that way does not include making assessments on a person's guilt or otherwise following an incident of drowning.

You may not care about misinformation regarding Lauren but you should care that Elijah deserves to have a truthful record of his death on account. When someone implies that someone they knows was involved in the immediate scenes after Elijah's death and that they have suspicions - this goes well beyond mere chat or speculation.

Are you always this argumentative?

Oh and what field? Obviously not one that works with paramedics (yes paramedics not ambulance drivers).

So you think I'm American? Hahaha no.

I'm a born and bred Australian.

You won't win with me princess :-)

Why would anyone reproduce with Lauren? She is batshit insane.

It may be that no-one particularly wanted to reproduce with THEM either so they took the first train out of the station.

Aren't there a lot of pretty, redheaded, thin women out there? Granted I've never been in the market for a surrogate, but is it that hard to find someone that you have to settle for a loon who lives on the other side of the world?

Ireland and Russia both have a lot of redheads, surrogacy is legal, and they're a lot closer to Iceland. There weren't any pretty, nice, normal women there willing to do it?

None of them really warmed to the couple perhaps. I know I don't. I especially am not keen on the fact one isn't totally on board. If I were I surrogate I'd want at the minimum both parents to be keen as mustard. That kind of thing doesn't work out for many couples ("when the baby is born he'll love it and stay forever"!)This wouldn't be an issue for our pal Lozza as she tramples on everyone as a matter of course.

calm down. I said that was what I thought initially. I believe that the findings of the coroner are correct.

Moreover you don't know their individual states of mind or their collective state of mind any better than I do. You don't know whether they were just playing head games with each other orthat one of the other was psychotic. It seemed to me from Lauren's posts that she was suffering from postpartum depression, which can easily morph into postpartum psychosis, without her having an actual death wish for her child. Likewise, David came across as being really messed up. But I wasn't there. You weren't there. How people come across on the internet can be either better or worse than they really are.

I think a lot of people bandied around with the notion that Lauren was the perpetrator even if only for a moment.

Right or wrong she doesn't come across well. We all make judgments.

Gherkin certainly isn't the first person to speculate here that Lauren was involved with or complicit in Elijah's death. Her reactions to EVERYTHING are odd, not just her reactions around the death of her son, and it arouses comment and concern.

Gherkin is proffering her opinion, which may be more informed than ours, but is still simply her opinion. Take it, and her claims to have been close to professionals at the scene, as you will - she has every right to voice it, and she really isn't saying anything that hasn't already been commented on eleventy hundred times in the Sparkling Adventures threads.

I'm going into sparkling withdrawal - I so so want to know how their European jaunt is going. Surely they haven't been away from wifi for all this time - the media silence makes me really curious about what is going on.

I'm going into sparkling withdrawal - I so so want to know how their European jaunt is going. Surely they haven't been away from wifi for all this time - the media silence makes me really curious about what is going on.

She did post a link on her Red Gypsy Lauren FB a few days ago... let me see if I can find it... but it wasn't about what they are up to.

Here... from Sept. 22... what's that... like 4 days ago? Or 5? facebook.com/abidjanaise?fref=ts

In case FJers missed it Lauren has had the van broken in to during the night and has lost her purse, laptop and Ipads. She posed to her page that she still has her 'passports and four children.' In that order. She has now taken down her personal and SA FB pages.

Is taking down her facebooks related to the break in? That doesn't really make sense to me. How will she entertain all those girls without them each having their own personal iPad?

I feel bad for her, but then I remember she's a fucking idiot who CHOSE to park in one of the dodgiest public housing areas in Sydney, even though there were perfectly nice safe places to park a few kilometres away, stayed there even after an addict tried to snatch her handbag from the van, and showered her kids in the local smack dealers flat. And posted the whole sparkling adventure online!! It seems that she doesn't learn from her mistakes in any way, and it's even scarier now she's travelling without a man and in countries where she has no idea about the safety of any given area.

I hope the girls are ok. Is the current volcanic activity going to make it hard for her to enter Iceland for the birth?

How terrifying for the girls--it's going to be awfully hard to sparkle up getting robbed of the few possessions you were allowed to schlep from Australia. And, like you said, Lillith, it makes me wonder what idiocy she engaged in that resulted in this.

I am glad they are ok, but she is so, so, stupid.

I had the passing thought that this didn't happen, and she is shilling for money. Someone will certainly send her money to replace the girls' I-Pads, right?

Europe is just like everywhere else, safe in some places, dangerous in others. In the bigger cities, there can be a lot of property crime. Methinks she parked somewhere she shouldn't have and endangered all of them. This is a neutral, sparkling event in the book of Lauren, and I'm sure the girls aren't allowed to be upset.

Sounds horrible and scary. I would think it might not be the area that wa the problem --- but that she is broadcasting to the world where she is, and that she is a pregnant woman tracing alone with four small children and a bunch of electronics!

Archived