IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect - "Gayby" on Board

happy atheist

Trust me, I'm pretty nervous about her planned (finances willing! :roll: ) trip to North American in 2015.

I'd be surprised if she doesn't end up in San Francisco for a while, and then Burning Man....

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be surprised if she doesn't end up in San Francisco for a while, and then Burning Man....

And camps out in the middle of Oakland. :?

Trust me, I'm pretty nervous about her planned (finances willing! :roll: ) trip to North American in 2015.

Imagine being me. She regularly passes through my part of Sydney, but the truly scary bit is how much time she spends in my hometown, which is quite a small community. I have quite a few mutual friends with Hellenna. And she often spends time around Newcastle, where I went to uni, lived for many years, and frequently visit cause all my friends live there.

I've often wondered what I would do of presented to her by a mutual friend or if my kids struck up a conversation with hers in the park (unlikely)

Imagine being me. She regularly passes through my part of Sydney, but the truly scary bit is how much time she spends in my hometown, which is quite a small community. I have quite a few mutual friends with Hellenna. And she often spends time around Newcastle, where I went to uni, lived for many years, and frequently visit cause all my friends live there.

I've often wondered what I would do of presented to her by a mutual friend or if my kids struck up a conversation with hers in the park (unlikely)

You wouldn't invite them over for showers and laundry? :wink-kitty:

Never fear on the park encounter, she has taught her girls to run and hide from other kids their age well. If they aren't rainbow, they are to be feared and avoided.

You wouldn't invite them over for showers and laundry? :wink-kitty:

I would, but as I'm not a narcotics dealer and I live in a nice safe middle class suburb I fear that she wouldn't care for my bourgeois influence and wouldn't allow her children to infest mine with their sparkly lice.

And my daughter has long brushed hair and buys into conventional standards of beauty, and we can't have her girls exposed to the standards they are going to be held to their entire life.

Edit to add: I've actually wanted my daughter to cut her hair into a neater bob when she was younger, much like Lauren's kids used to wear in the long long ago, but she's always staunchly refused, and, although I'm not sparkly and enlightened, I've allowed her to choose to keep it long, cause it's her hair, not mine. It's not an issue now she's older and can care for it herself.

And camps out in the middle of Oakland. :?

... and then gets really surprised when they are robbed at gunpoint.... (although not necessarily in Oakland...)

Please don't speculate that she will end up at Burning Man. Burning Man is all about radical inclusion and I don't want to have to include her. (stomping my feet) It would totally ruin my BM experience if I found out she was there. :cry:

Please don't speculate that she will end up at Burning Man. Burning Man is all about radical inclusion and I don't want to have to include her. (stomping my feet) It would totally ruin my BM experience if I found out she was there. :cry:

Have you ever seen kids at Burning Man? Are they allowed? (I've never been) It just seems like her kind of thing... not appropriate for children, full of creative people, radically outside of usual social norms...

I live in France, too

Iif you don't immediately set up a 24 hour Lauren watch at local tourist sites (only authentic ones), you will be dead to me!

Have you ever seen kids at Burning Man? Are they allowed? (I've never been) It just seems like her kind of thing... not appropriate for children, full of creative people, radically outside of usual social norms...

Kids are permitted at Burning Man although I don't think they're all that common.

She might go, which would be fun for me since I live not too far from there and it means she might pass through my town on the way... But I think the BM culture is shifting to more techie, and my personal thought is that Lauren is more likely to attend that year's Rainbow Gathering instead. I know she's been to the Australian ones but I imagine the US ones are much bigger.

I'm confused. I thought they were traveling by plane and have parked the van until a later date? What did I miss?

The Grifted Gypsy is back in Australia, but they seem to be traveling by campervan/bus thru the merry Alps. I wouldn't be surprised if she traded bus access with some European rainbow family who wanted to go see Australia.

Don't give her any ideas.

I wonder what is on that laptop and if Lauren has reason to be worried, because if she is selling that baby to the gold star gays, her emails will probably be full of transatcion details. On the other hand, whoever stole her stuff probably doesn't care anyway.

Au contraire. She chucked the laptop in the nearest river so if any LE ask for it in iceland she can say it was stolen.

She threw out the "kipis" as well because it will make it look more....authentic (plus some poor sucker will probably buy her girls new ones)

The Grifted Gypsy is back in Australia, but they seem to be traveling by campervan/bus thru the merry Alps. I wouldn't be surprised if she traded bus access with some European rainbow family who wanted to go see Australia.

I think that's probably right. She was low key on the details.

I can 100% see Lauren at Burning Man. I can also see her at Holi (Indian festival of colors), but really, I would LOVE IT if she became a Juggalo. Quick, someone tell her about the intimate bonds of friendship and Faygo that lie waiting for her in the uncharted territory of America.

No, not in Burning Man please ! I love to see reportage about it :D The FJ who will be here are very lucky, I hope you'll post pictures and testimony !

In the South West, we have a little village called Montbrun Bocage, where there is on the sunday (I think), a market who is very Lauren-like. It's fun if you want to buy a beautifull red skirt, sharpen your knife the old way, eat good indian food, or read a book against vaccines... a lot of children are barefoot, etc... But, they are very welcoming even if you're not like them. I can see her coming here, and leaving telling that they are not enough authentic.

Btw, I'm laughing when I think about Lauren speaking with a french police man. Usually, they are (we are !) not very good at speaking english... :lol:

No, not in Burning Man please ! I love to see reportage about it :D The FJ who will be here are very lucky, I hope you'll post pictures and testimony !

In the South West, we have a little village called Montbrun Bocage, where there is on the sunday (I think), a market who is very Lauren-like. It's fun if you want to buy a beautifull red skirt, sharpen your knife the old way, eat good indian food, or read a book against vaccines... a lot of children are barefoot, etc... But, they are very welcoming even if you're not like them. I can see her coming here, and leaving telling that they are not enough authentic.

Btw, I'm laughing when I think about Lauren speaking with a french police man. Usually, they are (we are !) not very good at speaking english... :lol:

I think she speaks some French. She talked about "realizing the day that she spoke better French than her mother".

I think she speaks some French. She talked about "realizing the day that she spoke better French than her mother".

Curiosity : how are (is ?) her relationship with her parents ? And David's parent ?

I refuse to Facebook. Has anyone been keeping an eye on the gold star boys for news of their impending fatherhood? Or have they gone dark?

Curiosity : how are (is ?) her relationship with her parents ? And David's parent ?

Well No one really knows what's going on. There was a blog entry about her Dad being the proud grandaddy of Gayby. They're seemingly getting on well. The mother (manou) well I'm not so sure.

David's parents I don't think have been mentioned in a long time.

I wouldn't think David's parents would be exactly pleased with all the latest behavior. I can't see any reason why they'd be good friends right now. This isn't a good life for their grandchildren.

I'd love to see what manou thinks. She seems like a 'no nonsense' person.

Ha. Actually 'gypsy' still annoys me. Seems...wrong. (and Stevie nicks she ain't)

Cultural appropriation is so authentic! When she goes to the US she'll call herself the Itinerant Indian and cut some fringes into her skirt, put some feathers in her dreads and camp out in reservations. They'll love her! (not)

Maybe she has some sign on her current bus calling herself a gypsy and that's why they were robbed -pissed off some Roma people.

Archived