IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect - "Gayby" on Board

happy atheist

Surely she must be absolutely exhausted. 6th pregnancy, almost 8 months, driving around Europe in a van with no other adults and 4 rambunctious children.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love my Docs too, wearing them right now. I'm clumsy and ungainly so heels don't work well for me as everyday wear. I've got 4 pairs; plain black 8 eyelet boots (£4 second hand, woot!), bright pink floral 8 eyelet, and two pairs of 1461 brogues: spectra purple patent (my 'need to look professional' shoes) and neon pink patent (my 'shortcut to looking a bit more funky at work' pair. Seriously. Everyone I teach in either of my jobs, from 4 yos to final year undergraduates, seems to like them). Best shoes ever.

Where have you been???!?!!11!!!1!!

I ran away to join the circus. But i'm back now! I ran into another member on a different forum who posted about Mama Arndt's white shorts and I realised I missed FJ.

Is it good or bad that i'm not shocked about the gayby?

You've just got to read the threads. I can't do it justice in a summary and she yanked the blog (called Global Gayby) when she announced on Sparkling Adventures.

Basically........

She lurked on some surrogacy websites and contacted an Icelandic gay couple who wanted a red headed surrogate. Oh, she asked her dad and his partner if they wanted her to carry a baby for them first, but they declined.

She hooked up with this couple, one Icelandic, one American, who call themselves "gold star gays" cause they haven't seen or touched a vagina since birth. Yes. Really.

They thought a crazy nomadic mother of four whose incarcerated husband recently murdered their son was the perfect surrogate for them cause red hair? Authenticity? Who the fuck knows? So she went to Iceland to meet them (that trip but not the purpose was public, and when she dumped her "self caring" daughters on Alice, prompting Alice's breakdown)

One of the gold star gays isn't that keen on parenthood, so when they flew to Australia to inseminate her via menstrual cup they used his sperm to get him invested in the whole idea. She got pregnant but miscarried, so bio dad flew back to provide a second round of sperm, and she's now about 8 months pregnant. And it's a boy.

She's flown to Europe to travel round with the girls for a while before birthing in Iceland, handing over the baby boy (that will go down well) then, apparently, flying back home to have her daughters nurse her through the post partum depression she inevitably suffers from.

That's the short version. There is, of course, lots of crazy I skimmed over.

You've just got to read the threads. I can't do it justice in a summary and she yanked the blog (called Global Gayby) when she announced on Sparkling Adventures.

Basically........

She lurked on some surrogacy websites and contacted an Icelandic gay couple who wanted a red headed surrogate. Oh, she asked her dad and his partner if they wanted her to carry a baby for them first, but they declined.

She hooked up with this couple, one Icelandic, one American, who call themselves "gold star gays" cause they haven't seen or touched a vagina since birth. Yes. Really.

They thought a crazy nomadic mother of four whose incarcerated husband recently murdered their son was the perfect surrogate for them cause red hair? Authenticity? Who the fuck knows? So she went to Iceland to meet them (that trip but not the purpose was public, and when she dumped her "self caring" daughters on Alice, prompting Alice's breakdown)

One of the gold star gays isn't that keen on parenthood, so when they flew to Australia to inseminate her via menstrual cup they used his sperm to get him invested in the whole idea. She got pregnant but miscarried, so bio dad flew back to provide a second round of sperm, and she's now about 8 months pregnant. And it's a boy.

She's flown to Europe to travel round with the girls for a while before birthing in Iceland, handing over the baby boy (that will go down well) then, apparently, flying back home to have her daughters nurse her through the post partum depression she inevitably suffers from.

Oh gosh! This sounds very interesting! Thanks for writing the abridged version. :D :popcorn2:

There's a post on Sparkling Adventures about it and apparently some entries are still visible on the Global Gayby Facebook page.

Happy Atheist screenshot the Global Gayby blog before it was pulled. Lauren and one of the fathers maintained it til she announced on Sparkling Adventures and didn't receive universally positive feedback, when the site was pulled.

There's a post on Sparkling Adventures about it and apparently some entries are still visible on the Global Gayby Facebook page.

Happy Atheist screenshot the Global Gayby blog before it was pulled. Lauren and one of the fathers maintained it til she announced on Sparkling Adventures and didn't receive universally positive feedback, when the site was pulled.

lol she hasn't changed her ways.

Are the screenshots anywhere on FJ? I can't seem to find them.

lol she hasn't changed her ways.

Are the screenshots anywhere on FJ? I can't seem to find them.

I think there are some on the original Global Gayby thread. I'll message HA about them. I have a few, but I'll have to wait til tomorrow to put them up, they are on my work computer

I think there are some on the original Global Gayby thread. I'll message HA about them. I have a few, but I'll have to wait til tomorrow to put them up, they are on my work computer

Awesome, thanks! :D

She learned her French in Africa. I wonder how different it is from France French.

I can somewhat speak to this as I lived in Morocco and Algeria. The accent is quite a bit different and i have at times found that Canadian, Lebanese and French francophones don't always understand me or chuckle at my phrasing sometimes.

I could go to France and manage, but there are differences.

I imagine it'd be kind of like me (an American) going to Australia. I sound funny (to them) and there are phrases and word that are different. But we would still be able to communicate.

I imagine it'd be kind of like me (an American) going to Australia. I sound funny (to them) and there are phrases and word that are different. But we would still be able to communicate.

Except we have all grown up on American media, so we may sound odd to you but you won't to us

One minor detail your summary missed (though it's an excellent summary). Gayby boy is due within the same week that Elijah was born.

Basically........

Thanks for the summary! I missed some of it. Can anyone please tell me where I can read up on the bolded (or tell me more about it if they know more?

Ironically, I DID do some weed selling in high school, but no one ever suspected me. My style was greatly shaped by Liv Tyler on the Empire Records poster- kilts and crop sweaters, doc martens, straight hair.

I was sadly the opposite. Never sold drugs, and only smoked weed maybe three times in my entire life. Yet people assumed I was a total stoner. I had long hippie girl hair (mostly from a lack of feminine skills) and wore old thrift store tees with torn jeans. Plus it didn't really help that my boyfriend at the time practically looked like he was made of blunts and bong water. (And he really did look just like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. Same walk and everything.)

I have a pair of 15 year old Docs. Love those things for yard work and hikes.

And Miffy's back!!

Thanks for the summary! I missed some of it. Can anyone please tell me where I can read up on the bolded (or tell me more about it if they know more?

The stuff about Alice is somewhere on the Sparkling Adventures blog, back in January or February probably. Plus it was on Alice's blog which has since gone private.

The miscarriage info was only on the Global Gayby blog which got pulled down. I have all of it backed up. I'll see if I can find the miscarriage info. As I recall, she didn't talk about it. It was the non-bio dad who had a post.

She takes it down and then puts it back how do I know this. I'm one of her friends on FB and when some joins it pings up Hers popped up again this afternoon.

The stuff about Alice is somewhere on the Sparkling Adventures blog, back in January or February probably. Plus it was on Alice's blog which has since gone private.

The miscarriage info was only on the Global Gayby blog which got pulled down. I have all of it backed up. I'll see if I can find the miscarriage info. As I recall, she didn't talk about it. It was the non-bio dad who had a post.

Thanks! I looked on Sparkling Adventures, but couldn't find anything. I found some of the screenshots you posted though. Interesting.

I feel ill every time I remember she was organising the before Elijah had even been dead a year, and off to get inseminated 15 months after he died. She posted about how she still wasn't sleeping or eating much. And yet, these selfish men thought it would be a great idea for her to give them her next son. People are assholes.

Archived