IGNORED

Bates Updates - Part 2

BirthingGodsWarriors

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It looks like Alyssa has decorated her house nicely based off the ig picture! It doesn't look childish at all!

I was looking at her living room since ours is similar except my sectional faces a large set of French doors. My issue was always where to put the tv. I noticed is that a tv on the far right side of the living room? Nothing fancy but I thought you weren't suppose to have a tv for the first year of marriage. Hopefully she is catching up on what she missed on Netflix during the day.

I was looking at her living room since ours is similar except my sectional faces a large set of French doors. My issue was always where to put the tv. I noticed is that a tv on the far right side of the living room? Nothing fancy but I thought you weren't suppose to have a tv for the first year of marriage. Hopefully she is catching up on what she missed on Netflix during the day.

I'm envisioning her watching OITNB and Dexter. :lol:

I'm the furtherest thing from a fundie, but well.....as someone who doesn't have the flattest stomach (lol), I'd wear that swim outfit at the beach.

I'm the furtherest thing from a fundie, but well.....as someone who doesn't have the flattest stomach (lol), I'd wear that swim outfit at the beach.

i wear pretty much the same thing. some board shorts over my actual swimsuit, which is exactly like that, just in black.

LOVE that swim suit! They look really happy. Those wholesome wear suits are awful! They wear less clothes when they wear a cap sleeve shirt and a jean skirt right past the knees (a la Jessa). Circular reasoning in their religion chaps my ass!

Bates Family Blog has a post supporting Amendment 1 in Tennessee to "restore common sense protections for women and the unborn" and is linked to a YouTube video I didn't watch because I didn't want to give it clicks. So between the feel-good family pictures and updates, we're back to what they really believe in. From afar I like the family - they seem sweet, and love their kids and want what they think is best for them, and then they remind me why I will never agree with their beliefs or lifestyle and how they can influence others in lifestyle and politics, including at the state level.

Bates Family Blog has a post supporting Amendment 1 in Tennessee to "restore common sense protections for women and the unborn" and is linked to a YouTube video I didn't watch because I didn't want to give it clicks. So between the feel-good family pictures and updates, we're back to what they really believe in. From afar I like the family - they seem sweet, and love their kids and want what they think is best for them, and then they remind me why I will never agree with their beliefs or lifestyle and how they can influence others in lifestyle and politics, including at the state level.

The Bates and Duggars spend a heck of a lot of time protesting abortion. Do they not see anything in shades of gray, or is life completely black and white? Most of the very uneducated people I know only see life in black and white. Very telling. Why do they care what other people are doing when no one interfered with them having 19 children? They could use that energy helping foster children or donating to the needs of children/teens living in poverty in their area. Why is everything always babies, babies, babies?!

The Bates and Duggars spend a heck of a lot of time protesting abortion. Do they not see anything in shades of gray, or is life completely black and white? Most of the very uneducated people I know only see life in black and white. Very telling. Why do they care what other people are doing when no one interfered with them having 19 children? They could use that energy helping foster children or donating to the needs of children/teens living in poverty in their area. Why is everything always babies, babies, babies?!

Are they willing to step up and help the mother and the child? What will they do to help after the baby is born? They are more pro BIRTH than they are pro LIFE. They protest abortions but do not offer help to those who give birth.

I can't speak for fundies or other religions but I was raised strict Catholic and socialized with strict, conservative Catholics for whom everything, but especially abortion, was black and white. When it came to politics, a candidate could be a sterling, shining do-gooder who did everything right but who was pro-choice and it would be a huge no-no to vote for him. It was incredibly frustrating and mind-boggling and part of the reason I no longer identify as Catholic.

I can't speak for fundies or other religions but I was raised strict Catholic and socialized with strict, conservative Catholics for whom everything, but especially abortion, was black and white. When it came to politics, a candidate could be a sterling, shining do-gooder who did everything right but who was pro-choice and it would be a huge no-no to vote for him. It was incredibly frustrating and mind-boggling and part of the reason I no longer identify as Catholic.

My aunt and her hubby voted for Clinton, and my mom talked about it in hushed tones, because he was pro-choice. As if that was the only thing that mattered in picking who to vote for. :doh:

Looking at Anna's instagram, there are a lot of pro-life quotes, but nothing about helping the needy or disadvantaged children. I guess the Bates and Duggars only think as far as themselves, like they're preaching "Moor BABIES" to the middle class crowd who, like them, could afford more children.

Same here. It sounds like we had a very similar upbringings. I didn't really learn to think critically until I started college and my mom is still shocked at some of the "liberal things that come out of my mouth". I feel like a better person that is more empathetic toward others though and I'm thankful for my education.

Congrats to Whit and Zach!

*Eta: whoops just noticed a whole thread on baby Bates. Sorry for the repetitive post.

post-4896-14451999595941_thumb.jpg

Starcasm posted an article about the Bringing Up Bates show and also Bradley's birth. They included a blurb about the new show from the UP network:

"Twenty-seven years ago Gil and Kelly Jo Bates tied the knot with no plans to have kids. Fast forward 19 kids later and this tight-knit family, seemingly too good to be true, has a tremendous bond but are far from perfect. As you will see, when you have a house full of 19 children, from ages two to 25, daily chaos is multiplied exponentially, but so are the joyful and poignant moments that life can bring.

[The Bates] foster the courtship of Michaella (24) and Brandon Keilen by allowing him to share an extended visit with the family during the holiday season; support Erin (23) and her husband Chad Paine as they face a health issue that challenges their hope of starting a family; check in on newlywed Alyssa (19) as she finds her way in Florida with new husband, John Webster, the son of a U.S. Congressman and makes a surprise announcement; encourage Tori (18) to bring order to the family schedule and step up to meet the challenges of child training as her parents have become more lax in their later years."

I wonder what Alyssa's surprise announcement is? Getting on birth control?!

What other surprise announcements do these people ever have? She's already married, so she must be pregnant. I hope this doesn't dash the hopes of everyone who thinks she's gone fundie lite/normal conservative (even though I'm hoping she will, too).

I don't like the fundie stance regarding no birth control (you must have 20 kids whether or not you want to), but if Erin genuinely wants kids and is having trouble conceiving, my heart goes out to her. No woman should have to go through the heartbreak of fertility issues.

I hope Erin realizes that even though other women may have the ability to pop out 5 kids as soon as they get married, her fertility is not the sum of her worth. There are a lot of fundie women with large quivers that have terrible husbands. I always get the impression that Chad would go to the moon and back if it meant making Erin happy, and that is where she truly is blessed.

"encourage Tori (18) to bring order to the family schedule and step up to meet the challenges of child training as her parents have become more lax in their later years"

Sigh.

"encourage Tori (18) to bring order to the family schedule and step up to meet the challenges of child training as her parents have become more lax in their later years"

Sigh.

Yeah, that's....uh....huh....

Sigh.

What the ever-living crap does that even mean. Who is encouraging Tori to do this? Her lax parents?

Archived