IGNORED

Jill's Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

Cooper lives in San Jose, the center of the Silicon Valley and about 40 min away from Sodom itself: San Francisco. SO if he's the one to "Free Jinger" by marrying her and whisking her away to the Big City, she may just be ok. I grew up fundie light in the Bay Area and ended up just fine... then again I'm a queer POC so we may have differing opinions on what qualifies as just fine lol

I grew up in San Jose! Its crazy, but I guess I didnt really realize that there are fundies out there... Also for them to drive all the way from San Jose to Arkansas for the wedding is true dedication... Dedication to his courtee.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The addition of the creme-colored fabric makes them look like their slips are all showing.

I think they wanted to go for that layered look that Michelle's dress had. Unfortunately, they did a terrible job since none of the additional layers (if you look at Jinger's dress a few pages back you can see the darker lines in the fabric where the layers were added) were the same length between the dresses and it just doesn't look good. Had they done maybe additional inch of green, then 4 inches of white, followed by another inch of white MAYBE it would have looked ok. Or one inch of white, 4 of green and one of white again.

I see Cooper and his mom as attention whores who would love for people to think he's courting Jinjer even if he's engaged to another girl. I don't see him as being right for Jinger except the whole living in a big city thing.

I don think he's engaged to that girl Alison, I was under the impression she was engaged to someone else?

I don think he's engaged to that girl Alison, I was under the impression she was engaged to someone else?

I don't know about her. I haven't heard that he is engaged to anyone, I just meant that even if he were I think he'd like people to speculate about him and Jinger because attention.

My impression of Marci Dauer is that she is a) very ambitious and b) obsessed with the Duggars. So it seems most probable that she'd try and engineer a marriage with a Duggar girl for Cooper. Jinger is the only candidate who is about the right age.

Jinger is also more likely than normal to say yes" to just about anyone, imo, because Jessa is going to be married soon (however young Ben is, they can't string out this courtship for much longer - they knew he was young when they allowed it in the first place, so JB must have had some kind of timescale in mind).

Jinger is going to miss Jessa terribly, I think.

Did anyone see the video posted on the duggars tumblr?

duggars.tumblr.com/post/92866351145/some-duggars-in-this-video-thanks-for-the

Cooper Dauer is in it, with his parents and various Duggars and Bates. At the end, there are bloopers, which I found to be the most interesting part. Joy and Carlin seem to be really good friends, and I got second hand embarrassment listening to Ben talk in the first part. :|

My impression of Marci Dauer is that she is a) very ambitious and b) obsessed with the Duggars. So it seems most probable that she'd try and engineer a marriage with a Duggar girl for Cooper. Jinger is the only candidate who is about the right age.

Jinger is also more likely than normal to say yes" to just about anyone, imo, because Jessa is going to be married soon (however young Ben is, they can't string out this courtship for much longer - they knew he was young when they allowed it in the first place, so JB must have had some kind of timescale in mind).

Jinger is going to miss Jessa terribly, I think.

I agree about Jinger missing Jessa, so maybe she won't want to be so far away as in SF, even though it's her dream to live in a city. I don't believe Nutshell that by "city", Jinger meant "Walmart", but I can easily believe that Jinger's idea of a city is Fayetteville AR, or Brandon MO, and she never had NYC, etc in mind.

I see cooper and his mom as fame hungry, but I also see them as wanting to make their own rules, not go by JB's.

Cooper Dauer is in it, with his parents and various Duggars and Bates. At the end, there are bloopers, which I found to be the most interesting part. Joy and Carlin seem to be really good friends, and I got second hand embarrassment listening to Ben talk in the first part. :|

Good find, youthfulclearly!

i bet one of the Dauer's sent that video to that site. :lol:

C's mom actually described a photo of the big gold "D" above the Duggars stove as D for Dugger and Dauer. :roll: :embarrassed: (in her album of Jill & Derrick's wedding, which isn't public anymore, big bummers lol)

Good find, youthfulclearly!

i bet one of the Dauer's sent that video to that site. :lol:

C's mom actually described a photo of the big gold "D" above the Duggars stove as D for Dugger and Dauer. :roll: :embarrassed: (in her album of Jill & Derrick's wedding, which isn't public anymore, big bummers lol)

Yes! Good spot. It's actually still there -

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

Says it all, doesn't it? ;)

omfg that is one stupid album

sorry for all the OT, but there are so many Duggarzzz threads and I just stumbled upon this here

946240_273789049428218_2073896192_n.jpg?oh=0b6b130c69087bcc35cdf3d1eb9b81f2&oe=545A0385

I would love to read that, I want to see if I'm a sincere dancer

1000376_273790006094789_1156352364_n.jpg

yah, sure, "7:00" ...

That's 1 hour and 45 min of school a day (like they do school at "lunch"). I've had training at work that lasts longer. "Exercise & Workout" is longer than school! :pink-shock:

Really, Exercise and Workout should be from 2-3, with showering/cleanup being from 3-4. Wonder how many bathrooms the Tinker Toy House has?

That's 1 hour and 45 min of school a day (like they do school at "lunch"). I've had training at work that lasts longer. "Exercise & Workout" is longer than school! :pink-shock:

I noticed that too! I think I would've loved going to school for less than 2 hours a day when I was a kid, but I wonder how much they can really learn in 2 hours.

I noticed that too! I think I would've loved going to school for less than 2 hours a day when I was a kid, but I wonder how much they can really learn in 2 hours.

Very little. That explains a lot about them.

In a normal homeschool situation, you can learn quite a bit in 2 hours, because it's much more focused and the teacher doesn't have to go around and make sure 15-25 students are all understanding the material. However, if the Duggars have as many students as a normal classroom (actually several more than my public-schooled kids' classes), that argument goes out the window.

When I started homeschooling my son, I was surprised at how little time it took to get through the lessons I planned for the day. Two hours would easily cover all of our major subjects (math, science, history, handwriting, spelling, reading), and then we do some extra reading fluency and comprehension beyond that. We do a 4 day school week for those core subjects, and then the 5th day is for field trips, research projects and electives.

Cooper appears...erhm... straight as a circle to me.

It really weirds me out that him and his mother are EVERYWHERE lately.

In a normal homeschool situation, you can learn quite a bit in 2 hours, because it's much more focused and the teacher doesn't have to go around and make sure 15-25 students are all understanding the material. However, if the Duggars have as many students as a normal classroom (actually several more than my public-schooled kids' classes), that argument goes out the window.

When I started homeschooling my son, I was surprised at how little time it took to get through the lessons I planned for the day. Two hours would easily cover all of our major subjects (math, science, history, handwriting, spelling, reading), and then we do some extra reading fluency and comprehension beyond that. We do a 4 day school week for those core subjects, and then the 5th day is for field trips, research projects and electives.

That makes sense, thanks for sharing. I've never been home schooled or known anyone who was home schooled, so I figured a home school day was almost as long as a school day. I guess if each Duggarling has a computer and just does a computer program for school, 2 hours is enough.

Ummm... in the video Cooper says that Maggie is his niece, and Carlin says that she is going to end up being "kinda-sorta related"?? How should we interpret that?

I agree with this (and it took me back to our homeschooling days, aww). We had school in the morning - 9 till 12, with a short break in the middle. It included a couple of schools TV programmes each week, too. The afternoons were for field trips, sports, reading, or pretty much whatever they wanted to do that could be considered educational in any way - not curriculum-based, though. This was plenty, and when they went back to school after 3.5 years they were both head of their peers.

However, homeschooling two children is a far cry from doing SOTDRT with ten of them (I think there are ten now - everyone from the twins down to Josie). Also, I can't imagine the curriculum they follow is very academic - and neither is Michelle, frankly. Although I am all for non-qualified teachers being perfectly entitled to teach their own children, I believe being able to spell those children's names (Ginger and Jordan, anyone?) ought to be a prerequisite!!

Ummm... in the video Cooper says that Maggie is his niece, and Carlin says that she is going to end up being "kinda-sorta related"?? How should we interpret that?

It's because Coopers sister is married/marrying a Keilen - whose brother is Brandon Keilen who is courting Michael Bates.

Thats the gist of it without me looking up the details. I think I am semi accurate.

:think: Now that's VERY interesting. Can't believe everyone just brushed by this post. Why would she say that?? How many siblings does Cooper have? I've only seen him alone in pics with his parents. He's 19. I didn't think Carlin was old enough to court. Maybe she can be "special friends" until she's old enough?? Alyssa met Jon at 17. They were special friends while she was 18. Married after she turns 19. :think:

:think: Now that's VERY interesting. Can't believe everyone just brushed by this post. Why would she say that?? How many siblings does Cooper have? I've only seen him alone in pics with his parents. He's 19. I didn't think Carlin was old enough to court. Maybe she can be "special friends" until she's old enough?? Alyssa met Jon at 17. They were special friends while she was 18. Married after she turns 19. :think:

I can answer this one. Cooper is a reversal baby, and he has a few older siblings. One of those siblings is Heather Dauer Keilen. She is married to RJ Keilen. RJ Keilen is Brandon Keilen's oldest brother. Brandon is courting Michael Bates. Hence the kinda-sorta related.

Edit: I think Cooper's older siblings are an average of 20 years older than him, which is why they aren't in the pictures with their parents. They all have spouses and kids now.

I think they wanted to go for that layered look that Michelle's dress had. Unfortunately, they did a terrible job since none of the additional layers (if you look at Jinger's dress a few pages back you can see the darker lines in the fabric where the layers were added) were the same length between the dresses and it just doesn't look good. Had they done maybe additional inch of green, then 4 inches of white, followed by another inch of white MAYBE it would have looked ok. Or one inch of white, 4 of green and one of white again.

It's a Pinterest thing that IS kinda supposed to look like slips showing. Jill's Pinterest wedding theme was something like "Country wedding but without cowboy boots." She actually has pinned a photo of a "lace slip extender" on there, which I'm guessing they were trying to copy the look of. They failed miserably. http://peekaboo-chic.myshopify.com/coll ... nder-cream

https://www.etsy.com/listing/101625982/ ... =related-0

So remember the singing adopted kids at the wedding? I just saw on Instagram a prayer request for the mom - she had a major heart attack and is not expected to make it. This is their website:

twiceadoptedministries.com/about

Archived