IGNORED

19 Kids & Courting - Duggar Snark Season 8 - Part 5

happy atheist

Why would an FBI accountant need to carry a gun?

It was explained before by another poster, but I guess it needs to be said again and made plainer.

The FBI hires accountants for at least two purposes. One is to work in the accounting department for the agency and those wouldn't go around armed. The other is to hire accountants to be fully fledged law enforcement FBI agents. Yes, that group is all firearms trained and armed.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure how to pull a still from a video and post it here, but here is a video of the duggars going an ATI conference. We know they're involved and have been and that they've been trying to put distance there, but here is just more proof that they're liars. http://youtu.be/3isDJQ2nTR8?t=4m10s

That clip is 10 years old. However, Smuggar and Mullet led breakout sessions at the Nashville Conference this week, so yeah, they're still on the Gothard/ATI train.

It's not done by voter registrations anymore. It's done by drivers' licenses now.

Really? Here in BC "People's names are randomly selected from data from the provincial voter's list - this is how your name was picked. You are required to respond to your jury summons" But it must be different in other provinces/or in the US [www.ag.gov.bc.ca/courts/jury_duty/]

*Edited for link, I can never get it right :think:

We have seen the girls wearing nightgowns and nightcaps in one of the first specials before the show started. We've also seen Josie in feetie pajamas. I'll look for the clip with the nightgowns but Josie was in feeties for the Jubliee fiasco episode

ETA: This isn't the clip I'm looking for but it's a start [bBvideo 560,340:3ehslo1j]

[/bBvideo]

Ugh. Start at 3:02

Omg. It's been so long since I last saw that.

1. Those frumpers are amazing. I cant understand why we heathens dont latch onto that trend.

2. WOAH MICHELLE. Thank goodness she got makeup advice at some point. That's terrifying.

3. I feel old rewatching this. I was in high school when this first aired. Actually, I'm pretty sure we watched this in my marriage class (as well as the one about the Dilley sextuplets).

4. I never understood why Jim Bob needs Michelle as a buddy. I mean, except to "take care of her" (wink wink nudge nudge bleach your brain). But the rules of the buddy system are "if you're too old to need help from a buddy, you get a buddy to help." So, which parent isn't old enough to take care of his/herself?

5. I want to know what Michelle said to James when he lost his mind over nap time. I'm sure it wasn't as kind as it looks.

6. They went grocery shopping with the oldest 8, leaving 6 at home. And JB went with as well. So who was taking care of the 6 at home? This is before grandma moved in.

7. Learning about bankruptcy laws: smells of wisdom booklet

8. OH GOD THE VIOLINS!

9. Look, girls in pants!

10. They waited till they found out the sex of the baby to determine if it was twins? I'm pretty sure that they did ultrasounds much earlier than that in 2004.

11. They left to give birth without letting anyone know? Could you imagine how terrifying that would be in an emergency? Run to mom and dads room and no one is there?

This is just a for instance, but this is what the Superior Court of Placer County, CA, has to say:

Jury Duty

Lists of Potential Jurors

Jurors names are selected at random from lists of registered voters and individuals who have a driver's license or identification card issued by the California Department of Motor Vehicles.

Obviously I knew about the buddy system, but watching that it strikes me just how little those girls were when they had to start parenting their siblings. They still needed "buddies" themselves, but I guess their parents were too busy being each others' buddies. And Michelle totally does make it sound like she just hands the baby over to be raised by the older girls once a new baby comes along--it's not like this is just something that internet snarkers read into it.

I know this is all very old news, but re-watching it (actually, I don't know if I ever saw it in the first place) reminds me just how awful they are.

This is just a for instance, but this is what the Superior Court of Placer County, CA, has to say:

Love how everything in the US is different than Canada, since here it's by the voters list, just serves to get us all confused (and by us all I guess I mean me lmao) :)

Holy shit, were they eating off paper plates in that video too? Or am I just imagining? (Hope I'm seeing things)

These people are just the worst. I just can't tell if they were worse then or now.

Minus the clotthes and hair (good lord) they seemed more organized than they do now. The younger kids don't seem to be out of control like they are now. I wonder is it because the older ones got tired of parenting the younger ones or if the tv show has played a part in the time spent with the kids. I am sure before the show they were home more and had more structure than they do now.

I don't know... the irrational attachment to 80's feathered hair with the also irrational idea that godly women need to wear their hair super long collides into a jumper with a paper plate sized collar... I think maybe they might have gotten a little better.

I just read this old interview from 2001 and they do seem creepier back then. I've read all of this before, but they're so much more media friendly now that you forget sometimes what they used to be like.

But Jim Bob doesn't for one second forget that a reporter is in the room, and he guards what both he and his wife say. When talk turns to his primary race against Hutchinson, Michelle starts telling of the day Jim Bob decided to challenge him.

Jim Bob quickly lets her know there's one part of the story they won't be telling. Michelle questions his decision, not seeing a problem with sharing it. But then, following a few brief whispers, she smiles and simply goes on with the part she can tell.

The Duggars consider the Bible something of an owner's manual, a how-to for life. They sometimes employ "time outs" to discipline their children, but they also think the Bible teaches parents to spank and even instructs on how to do it.

The children and Michelle recite a new Bible passage each morning, and they have actions to go with the words. For instance, when reciting Exodus 20, verses 1-17, the children run a finger along their necks in a quick swipe, as if killing themselves, as they read the passage, "Thou shall not kill."

When 1-year-old Jason falls to the floor and starts throwing a fit, one glance from his mother and quick wag of her finger ends the incident almost even before it begins. His training should be through by age 12, when Jim Bob and Michelle hope all their children are trained well enough to stand alone.

The family can all travel together in one vehicle because the family car happens to be a church van, which sports a Bush bumper sticker and another one that says: "Evolution is a Lie: Save America Please."

They don't still have those stickers, do they?

I also like the opening :lol:

Jim Bob Duggar looks calm. He might even be calm. There's not a strand out of place on his Ken-doll hair.

Minus the clotthes and hair (good lord) they seemed more organized than they do now. The younger kids don't seem to be out of control like they are now. I wonder is it because the older ones got tired of parenting the younger ones or if the tv show has played a part in the time spent with the kids. I am sure before the show they were home more and had more structure than they do now.

I think a lot of it has to do with the extra space the new house brought. If you watch Raising 16 Children, you can see the transition to howler status had begun then. When you're more confined, it's a lot easier to catch someone and correct them right away than it is when they have 7000 sq ft inside and 20 acres (?) outside.

Also, I know people say that Josh became smug as the show got more popular, but I see just as much smugness from him in 14 kids and pregnant as I do in the new episodes. He's just always been the kind of person you want to smack across the face...

Can we take a moment to talk about these nicknames:

The "we" includes Joshua, "Joshy," 13; twins Jana, "Banana," and John-David, 11; Jill "Muffin," 10; Jessa, "Blessa," 8; Jinger, "Jin-Jin," 7; Joseph, "Joe-Joe," 6; Josiah, "Siah," 5; Joy-Anna, "Jogees," 3; "The Dynamic Duo" twins Jedidiah and Jeremiah, 2; Jason, "Jay Bird," 1, who with "The Dynamic Duo" forms "The Three Musketeers"; and James, 8 weeks.

And here I was thinking that Blessa was a nickname that was given to her on FJ.... and "Jin-Jin"? Sounds like mom and dad were announcing how she was conceived...

Slightly disturbing is the fact that I can imagine exactly how Michelle talked when she said things like

"We're going to do it together as a family," Michelle, 34, says of the race. "It's not just, 'Daddy's doing this.' ... We stick together like glue."

And who called Josh "Governor" in Little Rock? I mean except maybe someone in the family.

But he ran and won in 1999, when he temporarily moved his family to Little Rock for the legislative session and sold all his businesses to concentrate on politics.

Well... that was a great financial move there... Especially considering how much he's done politically (not counting following other people around or protesting) since then.

Back when the Duggars only had a few kids and were living at a home on their car lot, Jim Bob was the victim of an armed robbery during which he was bound and gagged.

Of all the things they talk about on this show, why has this never been one of them? It's infinitely more interesting than hearing for the 80th time how they met. Or that a kid needs to go to the dentist.

"We are working on a family orchestra," Michelle says. " 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' is about as far as we get."

Sad to say they still haven't passed that. And, yet, I think she believes they fulfilled her desire...

"Our family is our hobby," says Jim Bob, who doesn't have pursuits like golf or tennis.

I think they're trying to spin it like "oh we don't have other activities, so we spend all our time on our children." But, the truth really comes through in this statement: the kids are really only there for when it's convenient to the parents. That's why the buddy system exists.

"I just felt like I should run," Jim Bob says. "It's not because I am so smart."

I'm not sure what he was trying to get at here, but I'm pretty sure that Jim Bob said "I feel like I should run because I'm dumb."

Jim Bob supported Hutchinson in past races. He says his decision to run now has nothing to do with Hutchinson's martial troubles, including his remarriage after divorcing his wife of 29 years. Jim Bob doesn't even bring up the issues, which have kept the state--specifically past and present Hutchinson supporters in Northwest Arkansas--talking.

What issues? JB only sees one issue: this man is divorced AND he remarried. Besides abortion, I'm pretty sure JB doesn't believe there's anything worse...

"We're not in it to kick [anyone]," Joshua says in defense of his father. "We're in the race because we feel God has told us to run. We're not against any of our opponents in any way."

"We actually have no idea how politics work, and we're just hoping that people dont catch on. Really, we're just in it because we want the world to know we're special. Oh, and the guy got a divorce."

All the children seem to be more articulate than others their ages.

I have NEVER witnessed this. In any of the shows or specials. Ever.

A majority of the children sit at one table, with the rest at the adult table. Jim Bob and Michelle hardly have to even bother turning around during the meal to check on anyone's behavior.

Life is so hard when your children do all the work for you.

"Jim Bob's at peace about it," Mary Duggar says of whether her son wins or loses.

All I can think of when people say "___ is at peace" is the person died

We have seen the girls wearing nightgowns and nightcaps in one of the first specials before the show started. We've also seen Josie in feetie pajamas. I'll look for the clip with the nightgowns but Josie was in feeties for the Jubliee fiasco episode

ETA: This isn't the clip I'm looking for but it's a start [bBvideo 560,340:2og9ssyc]

[/bBvideo]

Ugh. Start at 3:02

Their clothes :o And why are Michelle and JB buddies? They should be buddies to their kids. These poor kids were all really young her raising kids. I don't know how they kept 16 people in that small house.

Their clothes :o And why are Michelle and JB buddies? They should be buddies to their kids. These poor kids were all really young her raising kids. I don't know how they kept 16 people in that small house.

Because going into debt is evil, and you can't finish a construction of that magnitude with a family of that magnitude without either taking A LONG TIME or hiring a crew (which would put you into debt). Also, they didn't finish the house till TLC came along and gifted them A LOT.

Speaking of, in Raising 16 Children, they talked about having a special about all the things TLC gifted them. Did that ever happen? I don't remember seeing that. But it specifically said that TLC heard about their project and decided to film their contributions.

Because Michelle is the only one that can *ahem* raise Jim Bob.

In one of those specials (I think it was the family album one?) Michelle and JB were talking about all their kids individually to prove that they knew their personalities and she said Jessa is a ball of energy and that she is going to "set the world on fire" and that really struck me as strange, not because i don't think she's capable of it, but because it sort of seemed like she thinks Jessa will do more than e a wife and a mother, and I never thought Michelle would think that's okay.

unless she meant she'll set the world on fire with her evilness.

she also said something about joy-anna being a mini-mommy, and she always seems to say that sort of thing about joy and i never really get that impression.

that article really made me laugh

Michelle goes to the grocery store every other day to pick up three gallons of milk and fresh fruits and vegetables instead of making one big weekly trip with four or five grocery carts.

"I don't like to do it that way," she says. "It just almost overwhelms the poor cashier when we come through."

Now she's worked out that it's fun to be the centre of attention.

Jim Bob and a friend were making visitations to reach out to potential church members, and his friend said that a girl named Michelle had just committed her life to God. He also mentioned that she was a cheerleader.

"Well, let's go see her!" Jim Bob said.

lol

She had a desperate, blunt conversation with God one day while standing amid piles of laundry--and this is back when she only had seven children.

"I love 'em, but I think I'm going to go crazy!" she cried to the Lord.

and then the jslaves got old enough to start doing everything for her. hmm

Omg. It's been so long since I last saw that.

1. Those frumpers are amazing. I cant understand why we heathens dont latch onto that trend.

2. WOAH MICHELLE. Thank goodness she got makeup advice at some point. That's terrifying.

3. I feel old rewatching this. I was in high school when this first aired. Actually, I'm pretty sure we watched this in my marriage class (as well as the one about the Dilley sextuplets).

4. I never understood why Jim Bob needs Michelle as a buddy. I mean, except to "take care of her" (wink wink nudge nudge bleach your brain). But the rules of the buddy system are "if you're too old to need help from a buddy, you get a buddy to help." So, which parent isn't old enough to take care of his/herself?

5. I want to know what Michelle said to James when he lost his mind over nap time. I'm sure it wasn't as kind as it looks.

6. They went grocery shopping with the oldest 8, leaving 6 at home. And JB went with as well. So who was taking care of the 6 at home? This is before grandma moved in.

7. Learning about bankruptcy laws: smells of wisdom booklet

8. OH GOD THE VIOLINS!

9. Look, girls in pants!

10. They waited till they found out the sex of the baby to determine if it was twins? I'm pretty sure that they did ultrasounds much earlier than that in 2004.

11. They left to give birth without letting anyone know? Could you imagine how terrifying that would be in an emergency? Run to mom and dads room and no one is there?

You know, I watched that clip and I am horrified all over again. I never watched the Duggars in real time - just the way the show was staged with the cheesy voice overs and music made my skin crawl back in the day and I was aware of it more than anything else. I really only got into the Duggars here, after falling down a rabbit hole of researching another fundie group I came in contact with.

We always talk about the "buddy system" so matter-of-factly that I never realized how fucking blatant they were about it on the show. Michelle literally sat there and said out loud "I keep the baby until they are weaned and then they are assigned a new caregiver." I mean, obviously I knew this, but I guess I always thought they sort of sugar coated it, saying things like "the older kids help out and we assign partners to make sure everyone is accounted for..... or "each of the older children has a list of responsibilities to help out with the younger kids....." even if we knew what she really meant.

Nope - just hand them off completely. I like the way she reserves the right to be a buddy to the newest; as opposed to all of those other heathens who hand their kids off the minute they're born. :angry-banghead:

The TLC narrator made it seem a little softer, but not Michelle.

lol. I'm not snarking at all when I ask you but what of Jill that you have seen makes you so certain she has the aptitude to be a medical doctor?

She has exactly the eager, easygoing personality that characterizes the "poster" med students at my school and the many other schools I interviewed at. They seem to share a "peppy" character. She takes initiative. She also is quite articulate for a fundie, interested in medicine, and (relatively speaking) ambitious. She also seems to have a really caring instinct and disposition, a way to her that makes everyone around her feel like she cares about them. It's hard to explain. It's just a... vibe, I guess?

Jana has also said on camera that her parents are in "grandparent" mode this "season of life". I'm interested to see the howlers grow up.

From what I have seen, I like Derick, but being a college mascot named "Pistol Pete" certainly wouldn't qualify you to carry a gun or be an FBI agent! :think:

Can we take a moment to talk about these nicknames:

And here I was thinking that Blessa was a nickname that was given to her on FJ.... and "Jin-Jin"? Sounds like mom and dad were announcing how she was conceived...

Slightly disturbing is the fact that I can imagine exactly how Michelle talked when she said things like

And who called Josh "Governor" in Little Rock? I mean except maybe someone in the family.

Well... that was a great financial move there... Especially considering how much he's done politically (not counting following other people around or protesting) since then.

Of all the things they talk about on this show, why has this never been one of them? It's infinitely more interesting than hearing for the 80th time how they met. Or that a kid needs to go to the dentist.

Sad to say they still haven't passed that. And, yet, I think she believes they fulfilled her desire...

I think they're trying to spin it like "oh we don't have other activities, so we spend all our time on our children." But, the truth really comes through in this statement: the kids are really only there for when it's convenient to the parents. That's why the buddy system exists.

I'm not sure what he was trying to get at here, but I'm pretty sure that Jim Bob said "I feel like I should run because I'm dumb."

What issues? JB only sees one issue: this man is divorced AND he remarried. Besides abortion, I'm pretty sure JB doesn't believe there's anything worse...

"We actually have no idea how politics work, and we're just hoping that people dont catch on. Really, we're just in it because we want the world to know we're special. Oh, and the guy got a divorce."

I have NEVER witnessed this. In any of the shows or specials. Ever.

Life is so hard when your children do all the work for you.

All I can think of when people say "___ is at peace" is the person died

Never forget how successful their campaigning for other candidates has worked. May it keep working out for the rest of us. :D

Really? Here in BC "People's names are randomly selected from data from the provincial voter's list - this is how your name was picked. You are required to respond to your jury summons" But it must be different in other provinces/or in the US [www.ag.gov.bc.ca/courts/jury_duty/]

*Edited for link, I can never get it right :think:

Sorry, I meant in the US. I have no idea how Canada does those things.

Upon further investigation, that may just be my state.

I hate to say this, but on the subject of the Duggar kids being articulate, Joyanna is particularly bad. She seems to have a particularly bad case of mushmouth, I can barely understand her when she speaks in the talking heads on the show.

Archived