IGNORED

19 Kids & Courting - Duggar Snark Season 8 - Part 5

happy atheist

.... That's what I was gonna post. Johanna is old enough to be a buddy- the other girls (minus Joy) were at her age. And really, only Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie need buddies now.

....And by "buddy," we mean you, J'chelle....

:naughty:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Joy may not be saddled with quite as much work as we think. Yes, she will be burdened with quite a bit, but there is evidence that the Duggars already have outside female help- the Query girl and Laura D seem to be regular staples at the TTH. Joy won't do it all- she can't, it's not possible, and J'chelle sure won't be taking on a larger workload. So I think they will just recruit a couple of more fundie girls to help out where needed.

I... what? That's... a really horrible thing to say about your kids..

That's not what she said. She was answering a question about how long her kids used pacifiers, and she said that with her older kids she was much more strict about taking away pacifiers at 1 year, but now she's in "grandmother mode" so she's lax with the younger children--she gives in when they cry for their pacifiers. I didn't read it as any different that how many parents aren't as strict with their youngest child as they were with their oldest, whether they have two kids or six.

I was on jury duty once... They gave me like, not Erin a week's notice, and I had travel plans. There were no plane tickets involved so I wasn't sure if they'd believe me, but they left me off. I was just so angry though, because they are supposed to give you way more notice than that.

I actually wanted to get put on the jury. The case sounded interesting, and for the first ten minutes so was jury selection process.

Then I began to wish I'd brought a book, because it was boring as hell and repetitive.

I'm an American, and I have no idea what this 7 page form is. We only had to fill out two pages, and that was including your name, job, how many miles you lived from the courthouse (you got reimbursed for mileage).

One woman, soon as she walked in the room, told the judge she had no one to watch her small children, and she needed to get back home to them. I have no idea who they were with for that brief amount of time, but it didn't take long for the judge to tell her to go home.

I was on jury duty once... They gave me like, not Erin a week's notice, and I had travel plans. There were no plane tickets involved so I wasn't sure if they'd believe me, but they left me off. I was just so angry though, because they are supposed to give you way more notice than that.

I actually wanted to get put on the jury. The case sounded interesting, and for the first ten minutes so was jury selection process.

I got called last year, and it was a criminal case. I live in Cook County ( the County that Chicago is in, but I am in west suburbs about 20 minutes from the city)

The criminal courthouse is in a pretty awful area ( 26th and California) and as you all know Chicago can be dangerous

I was pretty sure " I don't want to go to the ghetto" wouldn't be a valid excuse, so I just didn't go and never heard anything....

I'm a bad citizen, but please don't make me go to a dangerous area and I'll happily perform my civic duty.

As for Jill and Derrick, I have hopes that she will open her mind up and venture away from Gothardism. Derrick seems normal-ish. I don't see him forbidding his children to go to college so there may be hope!!!

I think Joy may not be saddled with quite as much work as we think. Yes, she will be burdened with quite a bit, but there is evidence that the Duggars already have outside female help- the Query girl and Laura D seem to be regular staples at the TTH. Joy won't do it all- she can't, it's not possible, and J'chelle sure won't be taking on a larger workload. So I think they will just recruit a couple of more fundie girls to help out where needed.

I hope they get help. Joy can only do so much and the younger girls were raised in a different environment from the older ones - born on TV, world travellers, no frumpers. I believe the discipline has been much less strict with them and they haven't needed to work nearly as hard as their older sisters have and do. They'll work, no doubt, but I think only as part of a larger team.

they're just detached and uninvolved

I honestly have no idea how you can be that way with your own children. I mean the Duggars have a lot of really great kids. Jordyn would be fun to play with and be around. So would Jenny and Hannie, their great kids. Josie's a cute four year old. The Howlers are older but those are great ages too and you could have a lot of fun with them.

I honestly have no idea how you can be that way with your own children. I mean the Duggars have a lot of really great kids. Jordyn would be fun to play with and be around. So would Jenny and Hannie, their great kids. Josie's a cute four year old. The Howlers are older but those are great ages too and you could have a lot of fun with them.

I'm not sure why Jim Bob doesn't do it, but Michelle has checked out of reality a long time ago, I don't think she sees Jordyn or Jenny as her responsibility, in her mind she fulfilled that when she had them. One or two times she even said something like "when my kids were younger" or "when the girls were children". I guess you can only have so many children until you feel more like a grandparent than a parent.

I know, so many cute, fun little kids and their parents don't care about them. From the one on one time we have seen with the kids, Michelle doesn't want anything other than a baby. She doesn't want to have a tea party with little six year old Jenny, or play board games with a bunch of her kids, or push them on the swing, or sit and play dolls, or listen to them talk about the LEGO house they made or the awesome drawing they have made. She doesn't want to go out into the garden with a ball and play with the kids, or chase after them. She doesn't want to sit around and talk with her teenagers and young adults, other than to guilt them into confessing their sins.

All she wants, is a cute little baby who doesn't do anything, and everyone fusses over it (and her, by proxy). Or a pregnancy, so everyone can give her loads of attention and ask her about the new human being she is gestating and be amazed that it is her eleventy billionth.

As far as she is concerned, once they can crawl, they can look out for themselves in the herd and all care for eachother while she does nothing, as they are essentially props to her.

I like the kids. Their parents are assholes, but I like the kids. They are hyper and run around wildly, and are rude to others, but that's just how they were raised, and they are neglected and don't get much attention, and I would love to have the opportunity to hang out with them.....but their parents have that every day and aren't even interested.

I watched last week's episode yesterday. I am still absolutely astonished at Michelle Duggar's obsession with the frontal hug. Considering the fact she and her husband did everything but penetration in front of one of her children in public, she needs to shut it on the "that won't be happening again" BS. Jill and Derick are both over 21 and allegedly made their own decisions on physical involvement during their courtship. In other words, J-chelle put the lie to that -- on camera.

It's too bad we won't see what happens when Derick stands up to his new in-laws for the first time.

The trip to the fertility doctor: I can't believe the doctor didn't tell her point-blank (and on camera) she has 19 living children and he values his medical license/malpractice insurance policy more than she needs a 20th "precious blessing".

I just had a thought -- apologies if it's already been discussed.

Since Derick was raised in a more normal home, it seems a given that he's familiar with the internet and at least a bit of pop culture. Isn't it pretty much also a given that he has read here? And wouldn't he continue to read here?

:greetings-waveyellow: Hiya Derick, you know we're all rooting for you, right?

J'Chelle letting her children make their own decisions in their own courtship? Ha! That'll never happen. It's J'Chelle and Boob's way or the highway. I hope some of these kids escape and give J''Chelle and Boob a huge F-U.

I just had a thought -- apologies if it's already been discussed.

Since Derick was raised in a more normal home, it seems a given that he's familiar with the internet and at least a bit of pop culture. Isn't it pretty much also a given that he has read here? And wouldn't he continue to read here?

:greetings-waveyellow: Hiya Derick, you know we're all rooting for you, right?

It also occurred to me that since Derick was the OSU mascot, I would think he's passionate about OSU sports. He's gonna want a TV so he can watch the games. He may also want to take Jill to some games. I hope this is the beginning of experiencing the wider secular world for JilliDilli.

It also occurred to me that since Derick was the OSU mascot, I would think he's passionate about OSU sports. He's gonna want a TV so he can watch the games. He may also want to take Jill to some games. I hope this is the beginning of experiencing the wider secular world for JilliDilli.

let's hope so.

you guys know if the duggars weren't fundie, josh, JD and joseph would be into the game...

let's hope so.

you guys know if the duggars weren't fundie, josh, JD and joseph would be into the game...

All the Duggars follow the Razorbacks, attend their games and watch games online. It's certainly not forbidden or considered radical

All the Duggars follow the Razorbacks, attend their games and watch games online. It's certainly not forbidden or considered radical

But...but cheerleaders, and dance troupes, and pom-pom squads, oh NIKE!

Yes, but if there's a TV in the house, it can be used for watching other things besides games and 19KAC.

I hope so too!

I find it funny how 90% of posters have decided Derrick and Jill are a great match and will break free from fundiedom.

I admit that I can say that they won't. I just don't understand where the positivity comes from.

Is it being hopeful?

Is it because we've essentially relegated them to characters and in the American story tradition ( sorry to the non American posters) we have to have a good guy or underdog to root for?

Is it because like Chad and Erin they are young and attractive and come across as more personable than other fundies young couples?

I agree. I hope all of them find a way to get out, but I don't think that there's anything distinctive about Derrick being at a state school. Plenty of very conservative Christians go to state universities. Sometimes I think it further strengthens their convictions because they are out there "in the world" witnessing for Christ.

Also, it seems that a lot of times it's one spouse who gets hooked into fundie thinking and brings the other one along. I read the Above Rubies magazine, and there are always stories of women who were convicted to dress modestly, have all the children, fill in the blank with whatever fundie conviction. And they prayed for years until their husbands saw the light. So I don't think it's out of the question that even if Derrick is fundie-lite, he could easily go all in after marriage.

I'm watching older episodes in an attempt to get up to date and JB is saying he takes michelle out for a date once a week. i mean couldn't they spend that time with their children instead? once a week seems pretty frequent, considering they have 19 kids at home who would love some love and attention from their parents.

Once a week isn't that bad for a date. Plenty of normal parents do that and their kids aren't neglected.

Once a week isn't that bad for a date. Plenty of normal parents do that and their kids aren't neglected.

oh i didn't mean to imply that and i'm sorry if it seemed that way.

i don't think parents who go out that often are neglecting their kids or anything, but it's safe to say that most of the parents who do go out that often don't have as many kids as the Duggars and their kids aren't raising each other.

In a way I think it's really nice that they go out that often. It just struck me as being quite often. it is so far removed from my own upbringing where my parents didn't go out together all that often. in hindsight, there were extenuating circumstances that probably prevented them going out much (my brother has special needs and is difficult to leave alone at 21, probably much more so as a child).

Sorry to interrupt but has anyone seen this???

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/29/showbiz/c ... instagram/

I had no idea it was perfectly legal for a woman to be topless in NY. Anyone else feel like the next time the Duggars are scheduled to be in NY, a group of very confident FJers should greet them at the airport with their chests painted to spell out "N-I-K-E-!" like people do at football games??? :dance:

Sorry to interrupt but has anyone seen this???

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/29/showbiz/c ... instagram/

I had no idea it was perfectly legal for a woman to be topless in NY. Anyone else feel like the next time the Duggars are scheduled to be in NY, a group of very confident FJers should greet them at the airport with their chests painted to spell out "N-I-K-E-!" like people do at football games??? :dance:

I suspected it was legal because of pictures I've seen from NYC Slutwalks over the years.

and can you imagine how the Duggars would react? wow they'd probably all pass out!

Archived