IGNORED

19 Kids & Courting - Duggar Snark Season 8 - Part 5

happy atheist

It's not done by voter registrations anymore. It's done by drivers' licenses now.

That's probably why I never got one then!

I think that's a problematic way of doing jury selection (same with excluding people who don't like police, or are in support of legalizing drugs, or other things) because it favors middle class people who are more likely to drive.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched that clip from 14 Kids and Knocked Up Yet Again and it's really interesting how all the girls want a girl and all the boys want a boy. I would think they'd want the opposite sexed baby, so there's not one more body in their already overcrowded bedroom, but at least with one more girl it means less work for the other girls in a few years.

Just watched that clip from 14 Kids and Knocked Up Yet Again and it's really interesting how all the girls want a girl and all the boys want a boy. I would think they'd want the opposite sexed baby, so there's not one more body in their already overcrowded bedroom, but at least with one more girl it means less work for the other girls in a few years.

Hard to know whether that was scripted. I can imagine the boys wanting brothers, since the wimmens work was being done for them regardless and both boy and girl babies (after "weaning") slept in the girls room. The girls, OTOH, may have really wanted a sister after six boys in a row. Maybe some of the kids wanted no more siblings ever...but that wasn't an option.

Derick just dropped a couple rungs in my opinion. Why would an FBI accountant need to carry a gun? I suppose the same reason Homeland Security purchased 1.6 BILLION hollow point bullets or the same reason the post office is buying "assorted small arms ammunition" or the same reason VA hospitals have their own police force or the same reason the USDA is buying sub-machine guns with 30 round magazines and the same reason the Social Security Admin bought 174,000 hollow points to protect their offices -- BECAUSE WE LET THEM!

Sorry for the rant but it's getting ridiculous - almost to the point every single government employee is now considered a law enforcement officer, many of whom shouldn't even be trusted with a bottle of hot sauce.

An accountant might be hired as an FBI AGENT, just as lawyers might be hired as AGENTS. If someone is hired as an FBI AGENT, one goes through FBI AGENT TRAINING at the FBI TRAINING ACADEMY in Quantico, Virginia. Or an accountant might be hired as an accountant and not as an agent, so the training and requirements would be different.

As for the rest of your rant: Please remove the tinfoil from your head.

Jana has also said on camera that her parents are in "grandparent" mode this "season of life". I'm interested to see the howlers grow up.

I love how they can be in "grandparent" mode and not raise any of their children despite them all living at home, and having no actual interest in their grandchildren. Maybe "dead beat" parent would be more correct? Can you be a dead beat if you live with your children?

I love how they can be in "grandparent" mode and not raise any of their children despite them all living at home, and having no actual interest in their grandchildren. Maybe "dead beat" parent would be more correct? Can you be a dead beat if you live with your children?

I think "dead beat parent" specifically applies to one who cant or doesnt financially contribute to the child. The Duggars aren't deadbeats, they're just detached and uninvolved.

It's not done by voter registrations anymore. It's done by drivers' licenses now.

Not necessarily - in Texas it is both. All persons registered to vote and all persons with a drivers' license or public ID card with that county's address. I'm registered to vote in one county, but my drivers' license license includes an address in another county (I have two residences) and I have been called for jury duty in both counties.

Kelly Bates said the same thing recently in a comment on their blog - she and Gil are in grandparent mode when it comes to Jeb and Judson. They don't look at their youngest as their children.

Kelly Bates said the same thing recently in a comment on their blog - she and Gil are in grandparent mode when it comes to Jeb and Judson. They don't look at their youngest as their children.

:evil-eye: :evil-eye: :evil-eye: :evil-eye: :wtf:

He has had various jobs through the years. Michelle jokes that she read a list of the Top 10 worst jobs, and her husband has had seven of them, including insurance salesman and used car salesman

hmmm.. it is soooo bad you read it in the top 10 worst jobs... and still you help your son start a used-car-business? :think:

I... what? That's... a really horrible thing to say about your kids..

What is Grandparent mode to J'Chelle and Boob? Treating the three M's, like they treat their own kids? Guess so.

She has exactly the eager, easygoing personality that characterizes the "poster" med students at my school and the many other schools I interviewed at. They seem to share a "peppy" character. She takes initiative. She also is quite articulate for a fundie, interested in medicine, and (relatively speaking) ambitious. She also seems to have a really caring instinct and disposition, a way to her that makes everyone around her feel like she cares about them. It's hard to explain. It's just a... vibe, I guess?

It is hard to explain, but she does have "it", that natural, ever-present niceness. Nothing fazes her, she has no other agenda than to be nice and helpful, and this makes her perfect for caring and listening to people. I can't think of many people who have it, Jimmy Fallon is the only one I can think of off the top of my head :D

I hate to say this, but on the subject of the Duggar kids being articulate, Joyanna is particularly bad. She seems to have a particularly bad case of mushmouth, I can barely understand her when she speaks in the talking heads on the show.

No. Jana is absolute worse. Every time she talks I cringe. Her "us children wanted to do something special" and "this is the last time us children will be together" is 10x worst than Jill's "like we wanted to go to like a nice place but like it was really like far away so like yeah". They both make my skin crawl but at least Jill isn't using an object of the preposition in place of a pronoun. And these girls will be/are homeschooling the younger ones :angry-banghead: Again, they make all homeschoolers look like dimwitted idiots. I take pride in the fact that my daughter said "I don't feel well" as opposed to "I don't fell good" when she was four. And here's Jana, at 24, who can't even figure out when to use "we" and "us". :pull-hair:

Edited: apparently I skip important words when I have a semi sick child falling asleep in my lap. My apologies.

Joy does have a certain way to how she speaks. It's almost lie she sounds like a really young child.

My bet is on Joy to be the one to break out of the family. I'm not sure what it is, but I was watching a few of the specials the other night and Joy and Amy were getting up to mischief together. JB was shaking his head "oh that amy is always up to trouble" even though the "trouble" was all joy-anna's idea...

I hope she can break free. At least it'll give the younger girls a chance

No. Jana is absolute worse. Every time she talks I cringe. Her "us children wanted to do something special" and "this is the last time us children will be together" is 10x worst than Jill's "like we wanted to go to like a nice place but like it was really like far away so like yeah". They both make my skin crawl but at least Jill isn't using a preposition in place of a pronoun. And these girls will be/are homeschooling the younger ones :angry-banghead: Again, they make all homeschoolers look like dimwitted idiots. I take pride in the fact that my daughter said "I don't feel well" as opposed to "I don't fell good" when she was four. And here's Jana, at 24, who can't even figure out when to use "we" and "us". :pull-hair:

A preposition is a word that describes a noun's relation to another word or element in the phrase (such as "in," "on," "for," "worth," "according to," etc.). Us is an objective pronoun while we is a subjective pronoun. We is used when it is used as a subject of the clause; us is used when the pronoun represents the receiver of the action. Yes, she's using it wrong, but she's not mixing up parts of speech.

Edited because I can spell..... -_-

Joy does have a certain way to how she speaks. It's almost lie she sounds like a really young child.

My bet is on Joy to be the one to break out of the family. I'm not sure what it is, but I was watching a few of the specials the other night and Joy and Amy were getting up to mischief together. JB was shaking his head "oh that amy is always up to trouble" even though the "trouble" was all joy-anna's idea...

The way she talks sounds like she's wearing invisaline braces. My friends talked like that when they used those. Based on the use of braces in this show, it wouldn't surprise me if that's why she talks the way she does.

The way she talks sounds like she's wearing invisaline braces. My friends talked like that when they used those. Based on the use of braces in this show, it wouldn't surprise me if that's why she talks the way she does.

I doubt that's it. Joy has/has had (I'm behind on the show) braces. They also go to an orthodontist who uses trainers and myobraces, and that's a very different and more holistic orthodontic approach than invisalign which focuses more on the appearance rather than overall function.

Plus invisalign doesn't affect speech that much. I had them when I was in high school to correct the relapse from my wisdom teeth and very few people knew I even had them, even my room mate had no idea for a few months.

My theory is that it's just poorly developed speech from when she was really young and there wasn't enough attention to go around.

It is hard to explain, but she does have "it", that natural, ever-present niceness. Nothing fazes her, she has no other agenda than to be nice and helpful, and this makes her perfect for caring and listening to people. I can't think of many people who have it, Jimmy Fallon is the only one I can think of off the top of my head :D

I agree that she outside of Jana is probably the most genuinely caring of the Duggars and she seems good with people.

But having that nature is an asset to many fields not just medicine. It's a perfect personality trait for her desire to be a midwife. Even if she had grown up non fundie I can see her being a midwife though she probably would have gone the CM or CNM route. Maybe she still will. It's rumored that she wanted to be a nurse maybe she did want to be a CNM maybe Derick will encourage if she still wants that I can't seem him being against college education.

It's funny but I can see her little sister Hannie as the doctor.

A preposition is a word that describes a noun's relation to another word or element in the phrase (such as "in," "on," "for," "worth," "according to," etc.). Us is an objective pronoun while we is a subjective pronoun. We is used when it is used as a subject of the clause; us is used when the pronoun represents the receiver of the action. Yes, she's using it wrong, but she's not mixing up parts of speech.

Edited because I can spell..... -_-

Yeah. I meant Object of the preposition. You may not be able to spell but I skip entire words apparently. I knew what I meant. I'm glad someone else caught it.

The mouse ran ___ the stove. The ____ is a preposition (-: That's the easiest way I have always remembered it :D

Joy will need to be clever. Several of her older sisters are getting ready to fly the coop and she has ten younger siblings - the oldest six of whom are male. Gender roles being what they are, I think Joy will be lucky if she can escape to a JTTH. I agree that she has kind of an "Amy" streak to her, though. It would be nice if she had more of the same options.

Joy will need to be clever. Several of her older sisters are getting ready to fly the coop and she has ten younger siblings - the oldest six of whom are male. Gender roles being what they are, I think Joy will be lucky if she can escape to a JTTH. I agree that she has kind of an "Amy" streak to her, though. It would be nice if she had more of the same options.

Look at 14 Kids and Pregnant and you'll see that the youngest girls are more than old enough to run the household. It's just going to be the oldest 4 all over again. Plus, ATI does allow boys to take over feminine roles and girls to take over masculine roles IF they don't have enough of the proper sex to do all the jobs. Thats how all male or all female households survive.

Is the Asa that Boob ran against in the posts above none other than Asa Hutchinson who supported the Voter ID law and then forgot to bring his necessary ID with him to the polls on primary day? He was able to send one of his peons home to fetch it. That man is too stupid to be governor of Arkansas.

Look at 14 Kids and Pregnant and you'll see that the youngest girls are more than old enough to run the household. It's just going to be the oldest 4 all over again. Plus, ATI does allow boys to take over feminine roles and girls to take over masculine roles IF they don't have enough of the proper sex to do all the jobs. Thats how all male or all female households survive.

That's what I was gonna post. Johanna is old enough to be a buddy- the other girls (minus Joy) were at her age. And really, only Jennifer, Jordyn, and Josie need buddies now.

I doubt that's it. Joy has/has had (I'm behind on the show) braces. They also go to an orthodontist who uses trainers and myobraces, and that's a very different and more holistic orthodontic approach than invisalign which focuses more on the appearance rather than overall function.

Plus invisalign doesn't affect speech that much. I had them when I was in high school to correct the relapse from my wisdom teeth and very few people knew I even had them, even my room mate had no idea for a few months.

My theory is that it's just poorly developed speech from when she was really young and there wasn't enough attention to go around.

I'm not sure why Joy talks the way she does, but 10-13 years ago when I got my retainers post-braces they looked a lot like Invisalign. I pride myself on annunciation and couldn't with those. I don't think I've seen her wearing them at the same time though(they're mostly invisible but not completely).

Because it's more than one duggar I'm thinking they were never taught to talk clearly.

Archived