IGNORED

19 Kids & Courting - Duggar Snark Season 8 - Part 5

happy atheist

I just thought of this-

Can the courting couples chaperone one another? Does there have to be a singleton with them?

It would be awesome if the two couple told the parents they were going on a double date then went their seperate ways and met up before they went back to the TTH.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once she seees how comfy sweatpants are theres no going back!

That makes me wonder, do the girls wear night gowns, or are they allowed to wear lounge pants to bed?

I just thought of this-

Can the courting couples chaperone one another? Does there have to be a singleton with them?

It would be awesome if the two couple told the parents they were going on a double date then went their seperate ways and met up before they went back to the TTH.

On the show, didn't Jessa & Ben go with Chad & Erin to go see the soon-to-be-newlyweds new house? But the camera crew was with them, so I don't know if that counts.

On the show, didn't Jessa & Ben go with Chad & Erin to go see the soon-to-be-newlyweds new house? But the camera crew was with them, so I don't know if that counts.

I remember reading that they use the camera crew as chaperones.

I doubt he would be packing heat if he was an accountant for the FBI. I have a dear friend who was a secretary for the FBI at one time. She worked out of the FBI office in our embassies around the world: Havana, Ottawa and Rome where she spent at least 13 years. I can't imagine that Marie's job required her to carry a gun. Btw, Marie was a career girl and never married. I think that's pretty cool!

I can't speak for the FBI, but I do know what some accountants with the IRS pack heat.

That makes me wonder, do the girls wear night gowns, or are they allowed to wear lounge pants to bed?

I think they said on the show that they don't wear pajamas and wear their normal clothing to bed.

I think they said on the show that they don't wear pajamas and wear their normal clothing to bed.

:shock: What.

Is that just modesty at an extreme or a concern over that many kids PJ laundry?

Does that mean they wear their bras to bed too??? God that sounds awful.

I know this is off topic but I am curious to know if Jim Bob or the Mrs. have ever done jury duty. I ask because I am currently on a panel and have been called over a dozen times and have served on 7 juries. The case I am currently being considered for (and praying to any diety who will listen to keep me off the jury) is for human trafficking for the purposes of prostitution. One of the questions we were asked on the seven page form we filled out was regarding how we would feel about hearing sexual terms in court. I'm sure JB or Michelle's head would explode at this point. Surely in all their adult years they have been contacted for jury service. My guess is that neither side would want them but I would love to hear what they would say during Voire Dire. (I don't know if that is spelled right)

I think J'Chelle would LIE and say she cannot serve on a jury because she is the primary caregiver of preschool and school age children.

FWIW, I have not been called for jury duty in over 25 years (and yes, I am a registered voter).

I just thought of this-

That would be to funny if that happened.

I don't know, I don't have any dedicated sleep clothing either, I just wear a t-shirt and yoga pants (and often I don't take my bra off--it really makes no difference to me). If they're wearing polos and jeans/jean skirts to bed though, that's pretty weird.

I hate sleeping in a skirt at all. It gets all twisted up and leaves my legs uncovered and just isn't comfortable to me.

I am just watching the last episode and here are my thoughts:

1 - JimBoob, you are an idiot, the girls courting should not be a major stress for the parents. Maybe if you let them act like adults and make their own relationship decisions it would be less stressful for you.

2 - Michelle, this a highlight of Jill's life? You say this like you are surprised by it. You are just clueless not only about your individual kids but about real life in general.

3 - Jill was adorable being so excited and wanting to be on time, and she should be!! But, where were the parents getting all of those kids ready? She should be able to be allowed to indulge herself a bit here, not be responsible for what the parents should be doing.

4 - The hug, it was sweet and natural and completely appropriate! I like Jinger's comment that she understood how they had been waiting to see other so long and just naturally front hugged, those girls have more of a clue than their parents.

5 -Michelle says she thinks Derick was probably in culture shock because of the HUGE group of people, well duh, why didn't you think of that before and leave them home!

6 - Michelle, could your laugh be anymore irritating?

7 - My husband would just die if we dressed matching all the time (or even once), why is this a thing?

8 - I like Derick's TH, he manages to be respectful of this craziness, but at the same time you can see that he thinks it is a bit ridiculous.

9 - I officially hate the words precious and sweet, and why did JB have to say "I wish I had thought of it"? He is an attention whore.

10 - That triple date was so incredibly awkward, JimBoob and Michelle do not at all know how to just be with their kids and enjoy their company.

11 - The two couples are cute together, and I suspect much more at ease with each other off camera and away from their parents.

12 - Ben and Derick did seem to have an easy report with each other, which will be good for Jill and Jessa in the future. It would be great for Ben to take some cues from Derick.

13 - Wow, those girls are clueless on how to get an edible dinner on the table, major fail on Michelle. I have a feeling that she not only hasn't spent the time to teach them but was a lousy example to follow after too.

14 - Ben was totally going for the kiss on Jessa's head (and he should have!!!)

15 - Jinger and especially Jessa don't seem to be too cocerned about the chewy steak, I love it!

16 - Michelle has such a crazy look on her face so much of the time, like she has spent so much time trying to have the proper "countenance" that she can't be natural anymore.

17 - The little ones singing Jesus Loves Me was like a bunch of preschoolers would do in a program, not a bunch of 4-9 year old. Not impressed, that is all they are capable of?

18 - Have i mentioned how much I hate Michelle's laugh?

19 - I love Jinger's facial expressions during the TH, she clearly knows that this is all nothing but BS.

20 - Please just let Jessa and Ben kiss!!!

Eleventy!!

I can't speak for the FBI, but I do know what some accountants with the IRS pack heat.

When I was in law school, I remember listening to an IRS recruiter tell us that the FBI likes to hire accountants and attorneys for agent positions. They often investigate white collar crimes and do forensic accounting / financial analysis, and they do pack heat.

Hi! I'm new around here. I've lurked for a long time and didn't register but sometimes the urge to throw in my own 2 cents gets really strong. :P

This forum is a little more complicated than any I've used (which hasn't been many.) so excuse me while I bumble around.

But.........

Omigosh, yes, Michelle's laugh! She reminds me of a guinea pig that we used to have that squeaked like crazy when you rustled lettuce bags. Cute on a guinea pig... Not so much on a grown woman.

I don't know, I don't have any dedicated sleep clothing either, I just wear a t-shirt and yoga pants (and often I don't take my bra off--it really makes no difference to me). If they're wearing polos and jeans/jean skirts to bed though, that's pretty weird.

I hate sleeping in a skirt at all. It gets all twisted up and leaves my legs uncovered and just isn't comfortable to me.

Hey...have we ever seen any of the kids in gowns or pajamas over the years?? I've seen JB in pjs a few times. I also remember seeing Jessa waking up in an outfit...and it was morning. These folks have got to realize how ODD they are to people sometimes. I have a relative that sleeps in her bra because she claims it's comfortable. Well that's one of the 1st things I take off when I get home. Can't imagine being made to wear one ALL the time.

We have seen the girls wearing nightgowns and nightcaps in one of the first specials before the show started. We've also seen Josie in feetie pajamas. I'll look for the clip with the nightgowns but Josie was in feeties for the Jubliee fiasco episode

ETA: This isn't the clip I'm looking for but it's a start [bBvideo 560,340:1zbhbln1]

[/bBvideo]

Ugh. Start at 3:02

That was an interesting interview with college-age Derrick. A smart kid, he had a 3.5 GPA in college, talked about his devotion to Christ, and how he didn't have time to have a girlfriend b/c of his Pistol Pete duties. Here's what else he said:

Derick just dropped a couple rungs in my opinion. Why would an FBI accountant need to carry a gun? I suppose the same reason Homeland Security purchased 1.6 BILLION hollow point bullets or the same reason the post office is buying "assorted small arms ammunition" or the same reason VA hospitals have their own police force or the same reason the USDA is buying sub-machine guns with 30 round magazines and the same reason the Social Security Admin bought 174,000 hollow points to protect their offices -- BECAUSE WE LET THEM!

Sorry for the rant but it's getting ridiculous - almost to the point every single government employee is now considered a law enforcement officer, many of whom shouldn't even be trusted with a bottle of hot sauce.

Hey...have we ever seen any of the kids in gowns or pajamas over the years?? I've seen JB in pjs a few times. I also remember seeing Jessa waking up in an outfit...and it was morning. These folks have got to realize how ODD they are to people sometimes. I have a relative that sleeps in her bra because she claims it's comfortable. Well that's one of the 1st things I take off when I get home. Can't imagine being made to wear one ALL the time.

I mean I get not having dedicated sleep clothes. My pajamas are mostly just men's boxers or tshirts or whatever but I certainly wouldn't group them in with my "regular clothes" and the Duggar's normal clothing does not look comfortable to sleep in.

I was also told that sleeping in your bra is bad for you. I don't know if it is true or not but especially underwire ones...not a good time.

Derick just dropped a couple rungs in my opinion. Why would an FBI accountant need to carry a gun? I suppose the same reason Homeland Security purchased 1.6 BILLION hollow point bullets or the same reason the post office is buying "assorted small arms ammunition" or the same reason VA hospitals have their own police force or the same reason the USDA is buying sub-machine guns with 30 round magazines and the same reason the Social Security Admin bought 174,000 hollow points to protect their offices -- BECAUSE WE LET THEM!

Sorry for the rant but it's getting ridiculous - almost to the point every single government employee is now considered a law enforcement officer, many of whom shouldn't even be trusted with a bottle of hot sauce.

I totally agree with your rant, and don't even get me started on why the hell law enforcement has the need for surplus military vehicles/tanks (tanks!) leftover from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, but it's my understanding that accountants for the IRS who carry firearms do so because they are investigating illegal entities, such as the mafia, cartels, and various underworld dealings. Frequently, the FBI or other law enforcement agencies use the IRS to prove a case against certain heads of these organizations that are otherwise thought to be untouchable/immune to prosecution. As my CPA mother likes to remind me: 'The police didn't get Al Capone--the accountants got Al Capone.' :lol:

I think J'Chelle would LIE and say she cannot serve on a jury because she is the primary caregiver of preschool and school age children.

FWIW, I have not been called for jury duty in over 25 years (and yes, I am a registered voter).

I'm sure J'Chelle would find an excuse to get out. Here [Canada] there are a tonne of excuses she could use, and I definitely could see her lying about being primary caregiver or using the having "firm travel or vacation plans that conflict with the jury selection or trial dates" excuse (since they're never home) or saying it's against their religion [not sure how that works but apparently it's a valid excuse]. I'm sure Jim Bob would also do his damnedest to get out of it - it's not like he can get on the stand [during selection - or however they choose you] and start spouting his "ministry" and views of politics or some shit - though probably that stuff might get him off, who knows.

You are lucky on that one with not being called - I'm not even a registered voter and I was called to jury duty recently. [However I was asked to be excused & was.]

I mean I get not having dedicated sleep clothes. My pajamas are mostly just men's boxers or tshirts or whatever but I certainly wouldn't group them in with my "regular clothes" and the Duggar's normal clothing does not look comfortable to sleep in.

I was also told that sleeping in your bra is bad for you. I don't know if it is true or not but especially underwire ones...not a good time.

For some reason I can see the girls wearing sports bras instead of normal ones. I mean, they generally do hide the girls a little better than regular bras - since they're so keen on modesty and all. Those wouldn't bee too bad to sleep in, but no way would sleeping in a regular bra be comfortable. I just hope they're in frumper-like gowns like my MIL wears or athletic wear as opposed to jean skirts & polos.

Yeah that's what I heard as well - my mother always told me when I was a kid that sleeping in your bra can change the shape of your boobs or something. Not sure how true that is, but you bet it freaked me out to the point where I won't sleep in one [not to mention they're fucking uncomfortable].

I'm not sure how to pull a still from a video and post it here, but here is a video of the duggars going an ATI conference. We know they're involved and have been and that they've been trying to put distance there, but here is just more proof that they're liars. http://youtu.be/3isDJQ2nTR8?t=4m10s

I suspect their sleeping in non-sleep clothes is because of the camera crew (these are people who don't want others seeing their knees), and they're probably not really sleeping then anyway.

I just can't see Derrick wanting to be "head of the household".. I think he looks at Jill more of an equal, rather than a "helpmeet"..

I'm sure J'Chelle would find an excuse to get out. Here [Canada] there are a tonne of excuses she could use, and I definitely could see her lying about being primary caregiver or using the having "firm travel or vacation plans that conflict with the jury selection or trial dates" excuse (since they're never home) or saying it's against their religion [not sure how that works but apparently it's a valid excuse]. I'm sure Jim Bob would also do his damnedest to get out of it - it's not like he can get on the stand [during selection - or however they choose you] and start spouting his "ministry" and views of politics or some shit - though probably that stuff might get him off, who knows.

You are lucky on that one with not being called - I'm not even a registered voter and I was called to jury duty recently. [However I was asked to be excused & was.]

It's not done by voter registrations anymore. It's done by drivers' licenses now.

Archived