IGNORED

19 Kids & Courting - Duggar Snark Season 8 - Part 5

happy atheist

Once a week isn't that bad for a date. Plenty of normal parents do that and their kids aren't neglected.

My parents go out once a week on Saturday's. They always have.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We go out once a month but the kids are actually now young adults as before I had no chance of that as I have two special needs kids/young adults and both of us work so it was timing but now it's penciled in like a meeting as its the only way to remember with everything else going on in the family and life.

As for going naked, well topless no way I'd give everyone nightmares :lol: :lol: :lol:

We go out once a month but the kids are actually now young adults as before I had no chance of that as I have two special needs kids/young adults and both of us work so it was timing but now it's penciled in like a meeting as its the only way to remember with everything else going on in the family and life.

As for going naked, well topless no way I'd give everyone nightmares :lol: :lol: :lol:

all the more reason ;)

I'm not sure why Joy talks the way she does, but 10-13 years ago when I got my retainers post-braces they looked a lot like Invisalign. I pride myself on annunciation and couldn't with those. I don't think I've seen her wearing them at the same time though(they're mostly invisible but not completely).

Because it's more than one duggar I'm thinking they were never taught to talk clearly.

It looks like Joy still has braces on her bottom teeth. The way she was pronouncing theatre like theeeeter was annoying the crap out of me though.

Hmm I was looking at the Duggars Instagram yesterday and it was a picture of the 4 youngest girls. I was wondering how old were the oldest 4 before they became mom jr? Also grandparent mode is sort of silly when your only grandchildren are long distance and you have more children at home?

Once a week isn't that bad for a date. Plenty of normal parents do that and their kids aren't neglected.

That's bc plenty of parents don't have 19 kids at home. They have 2. Maybe 5. Not 19. Or even close.

If I had a shitload of older kids at home to watch my son when he was young, and later, to keep an eye on him and adminster meds periodically when he became seriously ill for several years, I'm sure I would have had date night once a week, too.

(Nothing wrong with date night once a week, but some people don't have the privilege of it. I got maybe a grand total of three date nights until my son was around 7 and could go to the local hourly daycare because I didn't have any family nearby to watch him on a regular basis)

all the more reason ;)

Oi cheeky :lol: :lol: but it's true :o :lol: :o

It's too bad we won't see what happens when Derick stands up to his new in-laws for the first time.

I agree. I get the feeling that Derick won't knuckle under to JimBob's pressure, especially if he thinks the particular rule doesn't make sense. His comment that he liked the frontal hug and wished he could do it again seems to indicate that he doesn't see what the big fuss is about.

That episode pretty much torpedoed the idea that the kids set their own standards for courtship. Both JB and Michelle felt it necessary to explain/excuse the frontal hug and state that it would not happen again. What if Jill and Derick WANTED to do it again? What would they say then? I wish Derick would put his foot down, but he won't. He will want to stay in JB's good grace. I hope after the wedding he gradually leads Jill toward a more normal Christian way of life.

Actually, now that I think of it, JB showed that courtship rules are made by him when Jessa and Ben began courting-HE gave permission to them to side hug. I so want one of the kids to decide to court "outside the box" for a Duggar.

That's bc plenty of parents don't have 19 kids at home. They have 2. Maybe 5. Not 19. Or even close.

I have 5 kids, ranging from almost 17 to 4 (youngest was born on the same day as Josie Duggar). The husband and I get a date night maybe once every 2 weeks, which we spend at the laundromat or something equally domestic.

With the ages of the still minor Duggar kids now, Michelle shouldn't need as much help from the older girls or older kids. Only the younger 5 are of an age that require a lot of supervision.

I remember when a group of women went to one of the parks in Rochester, New York to protest that it was OK for men to be shirtless, but not women. They argued that it was sex discrimination for the same behavior to be fine for men and indecent exposure for women. These brave women prevailed in the courts.

i have that many at home and hubs and I go out once a week. Unlike J and M my husband and I actually interact with our kids on a regular basis like normal parents, so a 2 to 4 hour date once a week doesn't seem like much.

i have that many at home and hubs and I go out once a week. Unlike J and M my husband and I actually interact with our kids on a regular basis like normal parents, so a 2 to 4 hour date once a week doesn't seem like much.

leftcoastmama, I think you've mentioned having a large family here before. Out of curiosity, how many kids do you have? And did you set out to have so many when you got married? Do you homeschool? What is daily life like? I'm sorry if I'm being nosy, but I am super interested to know what a large non-fundie family is like (as opposed to the Duggars, Bates, etc.).

All the Duggars follow the Razorbacks, attend their games and watch games online. It's certainly not forbidden or considered radical

I think the Duggars have been Razorback only in the past few years....since Josh married and got a TV. In their 14 kids and f*ucking years, it would have been sinful.

And let's remember that Mullet and JB lie.

An interesting interview with Derick about becoming Pistol Pete the OSU mascot. Like his late father.

dc.library.okstate.edu/cdm/ref/collection/ostate/id/7778

This is a fabulous find. Now, what I'd really like to know is what college educated and lone world traveling Derick really thinks of his country bumpkin handed a nepotistic sweet ass job at the FRC soon to be brother in law. I mean really, the intellectual difference between them is probably astounding. Derick is well educated and knowledgeable, probably more so than anyone Jill has ever met. I bet he can talk circles around Jim Bob too. It's all rather amusing.

^^ That just proves them all liars. JimBob, Michelle and the older girls all say a couple's boundaries are up to each couple. *cough* Bullshit! If that were actually true, then Jill & Derek would just front hug. The parents make the rules period.

Hmm I was looking at the Duggars Instagram yesterday and it was a picture of the 4 youngest girls. I was wondering how old were the oldest 4 before they became mom jr? Also grandparent mode is sort of silly when your only grandchildren are long distance and you have more children at home?

I'm not 100% certain, but from what I've heard, she had the break down when she had 6 or 7 kids (and the youngest was an infant). Since Joseph was #7, and he was born in 1995, Jana could have been no older than 5 when the buddy system started. Josh, JD, and Jana likely made up the first set of buddies, and as each kid graduated from "needing a buddy," they became a buddy. I'm sure that the work load was ever increasing for the 4 oldest girls, but it was probably pretty gradual. Like Michelle would wait till they mastered one thing before passing on another. At some point, the buddy system went from having 1 buddy to having a buddy family, which is why Jill has 3 buddies.

leftcoastmama, I think you've mentioned having a large family here before. Out of curiosity, how many kids do you have? And did you set out to have so many when you got married? Do you homeschool? What is daily life like? I'm sorry if I'm being nosy, but I am super interested to know what a large non-fundie family is like (as opposed to the Duggars, Bates, etc.).

We have 28. No they do not all currently live at home. I married young for the first time I was a teen mom trying to escape a tough upbringing and married the first guy who looked at me. He left me with 3 small kids. About a year after that,I met a wonderful man. He was great to me and great to my kids he eventually adopted them and we would have 6 more together. I lost him when I was 6.5 months pregnant with the 6th. He died suddenly of a heart attack. A few years later through a friend's friend I met my DH. He had been widowed and had 10 kids of his own. Oddly, enough some of our kids knew each other through school and various social activities but we had never met. We hit it off as did our families we married and officially became blended. About 18 months into our marriage two dear friends of ours were killed in an accident leaving behind 9 children they had no living suitable family and basically had my husband and I not taken them in they'd be in the system and likely in different homes. About that time I found out I was pregnant at the age of of total shock as I was nearly positive I was done with breastfeeding and diapers.

So yes I have the number of kids I have intentionally , but it was no means in effort to get in good with God. DH and his first wife simply wanted a large family neither of us dreamed we'd be where we are.

Never been an officially home schooler when the kids are small of course I read to them point out colors, letters, and numbers and all that but they attend public school.

We have 19 and and under the oldest will be 26 this year the youngest is nearly 2. The majority are teenagers. As for the day to day I think we are boringly normally. Kids living at home have chores the normal keep your rooms clean, help with dishes etc. No buddy system outside of "hey your sister pooped can you gab me a diaper" Kids have friends an activities so there is a lot of on the go.

We have 28. No they do not all currently live at home. I married young for the first time I was a teen mom trying to escape a tough upbringing and married the first guy who looked at me. He left me with 3 small kids. About a year after that,I met a wonderful man. He was great to me and great to my kids he eventually adopted them and we would have 6 more together. I lost him when I was 6.5 months pregnant with the 6th. He died suddenly of a heart attack. A few years later through a friend's friend I met my DH. He had been widowed and had 10 kids of his own. Oddly, enough some of our kids knew each other through school and various social activities but we had never met. We hit it off as did our families we married and officially became blended. About 18 months into our marriage two dear friends of ours were killed in an accident leaving behind 9 children they had no living suitable family and basically had my husband and I not taken them in they'd be in the system and likely in different homes. About that time I found out I was pregnant at the age of of total shock as I was nearly positive I was done with breastfeeding and diapers.

So yes I have the number of kids I have intentionally , but it was no means in effort to get in good with God. DH and his first wife simply wanted a large family neither of us dreamed we'd be where we are.

Never been an officially home schooler when the kids are small of course I read to them point out colors, letters, and numbers and all that but they attend public school.

We have 19 and and under the oldest will be 26 this year the youngest is nearly 2. The majority are teenagers. As for the day to day I think we are boringly normally. Kids living at home have chores the normal keep your rooms clean, help with dishes etc. No buddy system outside of "hey your sister pooped can you gab me a diaper" Kids have friends an activities so there is a lot of on the go.

Oh wow, that is quite the story! Thank you for sharing. I am very sorry about your first husband leaving and your second husband passing away much too early. You have my condolences. But, I am glad you found someone wonderful to spend the rest of your days with. And bless you for taking in your friends' kids. It's great to hear of a large family (for once) that actually lets their kids be who they are and grow up as kids, rather than as sub-parents.

Archived