IGNORED

19 Kids & Courting - Duggar Snark Season 8 - Part 5

happy atheist

I wonder what'll happen if one of the kids doesn't want their courtship/marriage filmed. Can they opt out? Will J'Chelle and Boob actually care about what their kids think, rather than the money from TLC for once? I guess time will tell.

Oh, I can just guess how that would go. "I understand that you don't want this filmed, and it's your choice, but God has laid it on my heart to have it filmed. It's totally your choice, but do you really want to go against God? Why don't you pray about it and get back to me with your answer."

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not have it filmed oh no Jim Bob will guilt them into doing it with the god laid it on my heart bollocks as usual.

The almighty dollar sorry god made them do it.

I'm just going to say this so the thread doesn't get too derailed, but be careful in lumping all law enforcement together. They're as diverse as anything, and if one particular department and one particular officer is crossing the line, they should be dealt with legally.

But, lumping all law enforcement as "bad" is fuel for crazies who murder innocent officers or believe they all should be murdered because they truly believe they're all corrupt. Which they are not.

I'm not trying to lump all law enforcement together. My children's father is law enforcement, so I know first hand that while many of the officers themselves are good guys and only a few are easily corruptible, it's the higher ups who are the ones who are truly corrupt.

I completely support them being protected, but the fact remains that they do NOT need tanks or tactical vests. Those tactical vests run a minimum of $500. My children's father's tactical vest is $650 IIRC. Their job is to uphold the laws and catch criminals, not sit in a hidden spot on the highway to collect funds, or enforce no-knock warrants. There are plenty of good LEOs out there and unfortunately the news only ever focuses on the bad ones. But that still isn't the point when talking about all the tax payer money they're spending to buy things they do not need and illegally shouldn't have.

Oh, I can just guess how that would go. "I understand that you don't want this filmed, and it's your choice, but God has laid it on my heart to have it filmed. It's totally your choice, but do you really want to go against God? Why don't you pray about it and get back to me with your answer."

Do you really think Jessa wanted her courtship filmed? I'm sure that's part of the "screening" process, too. "Will you agree to have your courtship filmed? No? Then you can't court my child"

I'm fairly certain that a lack of willingness to film (whether on the part of the kid or the person wanting to court) is what has caused the delay in courtships of the older ones. It may come down to "you let us film or you dont get married."

I'm fairly certain that a lack of willingness to film (whether on the part of the kid or the person wanting to court) is what has caused the delay in courtships of the older ones. It may come down to "you let us film or you dont get married."

There's that controlling behaviour right there sadly cos I think it might be true.

I would completely agree with you on this. If any of those kids are like younger me, they'll stay out of courtships just to spite their parents bc they don't want it filmed. And they have every right to not have it filmed. I wouldn't want to marry into a family if it meant I had to have my entire relationship filmed and scrutinized by the world. There's a reason I don't put my personal life all over the internet - I value my privacy and like to keep my person life to myself. I can't imagine at least one child doesn't feel the same way. And I really feel for them.

ETA: And remember - being shy is a sin so that excuse won't help you

Kid Farm and Your's Mine and Ours and The Brady bunch is the running joke around our circle.

Our house is an old farmhouse we have 8 bedrooms and the kids split 7 of them . tThe youngest 2 more often than not still sleep with DH and I it's somewhat of a cosleeping situation.

No repeated names. Lots of birthdays close together.

Christmas we try to buy gifts through out the year to minimize the cost. Typically everyone gets a small meaningful gift from mom and dad and then there are shared gifts for kids with similar interests.

I think I got everyone's questions.

I promise you we're fairly boring, but if some are interested I'd be happy to answer some questions. I can't promise I'll answer all, but we'll have to do that in a separate post not to derail this topic. :)

Perhaps some of the kids are delaying marriage hoping that after a few televised courtships and weddings TLC and/or the viewers will lose interest. Less recognition means more of a chance of going on to live a quiet, peaceful life.

I honestly feel that Jessa is less than thrilled with having her courtship filmed. That has to be incredibly awkward. Not just for the courting kids, but I can't imagine being a teen or an intrvoert and being forced to have my life filmed.

There's no way to say no. They claim this show is their ministry and saying no to being filmed would be like saying no to Go. No way would that happen in their house.

I'm rewatching last week's episode. Anybody notice how Josie latched on to Derick in the airport? JB and Michelle should make sure *she* isn't giving away pieces of her heart... So sad that Josie can hold Derick's hand, but poor Jill can't.

Courtship sucks.

Oh, and my five year old boy just loves him some Josie. When the opening credits come on, he exclaims "Free Josie!"

I'm watching the bits of last weeks episode that I missed--I lost it at the 'If the Duggars hosted a formal dinner, they would need 200 pieces of silverware.'

Yeah, I'd be impressed if everyone just got a real knife and fork in that house.

People posted a teaser about the proposal in the park including an "impromptu" song about how they met in Nepal from a guy just sitting there with a guitar. Lots of backbeat!

Turns out this singer has quite a past. Here's an example of his work. Definitely NOT Duggar-approved (I'm sure TLC found the guy and knew of this song, the irony in inescapabale):

How did they deep clean the house, make a stage and cook in like a few hours?

There are 18 of them...

I'm watching the bits of last weeks episode that I missed--I lost it at the 'If the Duggars hosted a formal dinner, they would need 200 pieces of silverware.'

Yeah, I'd be impressed if everyone just got a real knife and fork in that house.

I'm rewatching it too as I prepare my late dinner. Are the girls seriously rolling out pie dough with marble rollers?? They aren't even floured at all. No wonder it's sticking and falling apart.

ETA: which reminds me, does he own anything other shirt colour but red? How long has been watching this family?

There are 18 of them...

haha okay... I still think they filmed it like Jim Bob and Michelle were gone for like 2 to 3 hours... sorry

I'm rewatching it too as I prepare my late dinner. Are the girls seriously rolling out pie dough with marble rollers?? They aren't even floured at all. No wonder it's sticking and falling apart.

ETA: which reminds me, does he own anything other shirt colour but red? How long has been watching this family?

I'm so confused as to why Jessa didn't know how to make the pie crust--didn't they JUST show her at Ben house learning to make Ben's favorite cherry PIE from his sisters?

Five bucks at WalMart for the fake metal looking stuff!

What bothered me about the kitchen scenes was that they still don't tie their hair back! Their long hair is always down and loose. If they always cook like that there must be a lot of hair in Duggar meals. :ew:

I've noticed a few times the oldest Duggar girls (mostly Jana) refers to boob as "daddy" instead of just dad. Most women I know stopped using the phrase daddy when they were maybe 10. Hmm maybe it's just me. Lol

The season finale is starting!!

Booze at the ready.

Breakable objects out of reach to prevent them from being hurled at t.v..

Bring it on!

"us girls just wrote a book" .. yeah, I'm sure you did. You can't use "us" and "we" properly but hey, I'm sure you wrote a book all by yourself.

Archived