IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen - General Discussion - Part 7

happy atheist

I don't think Moochelle has ever really liked Anna all that much....or anyone from the outside that is. I have been geeking out on older specials today and watched a few frontal hugs from non family members. Makes me wonder what happened in the last couple of years to make it a no no....sorry...side hugs and smugger get me pretty steamed.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remeber people saying that the J'Slaves didn't like Anna. It was discused on the TLC forums and one of the first topics I posted about on (yuku)FJ. Why would Michelle or anyone hate Anna :?

I don't think Moochelle has ever really liked Anna all that much....or anyone from the outside that is. I have been geeking out on older specials today and watched a few frontal hugs from non family members. Makes me wonder what happened in the last couple of years to make it a no no....sorry...side hugs and smugger get me pretty steamed.

Moochelle is a new one. I likes it.

I kinda see it, though. I think it goes beyond the fact that Josh was her firstborn. I don't think she likes having competition for her son.

Many conservative wingnuts call Michelle Obama "Moochelle" because she's 'fat' :angry-banghead

It does seem like they aren't fond of Anna.

ETA: I don't thin Michelle hates or is jealous of Anna. They just don't seem close

I think that Michelle likes Anna a lot...she's a fundie deluxe, what more could Michelle want? Maybe she's just jealous cos Anna is catching babies left and right and J'uterus is all dried up.

I remember the talk about Anna not getting along with her sisters in law. Didn't she stutter when asked if they were close? Something like "We're not close but we get along" with the clear undertone of "We pretty much pretend to get along to keep the peace"

I do think J'chelle is jealous of Anna. Anna is living a pretty good life compared to J'chelle when she was just starting out. Plus Anna is still very capable of having babies. I really don't think she was prepared for the kind of different dynamic a daughter in law would bring.

I don't remember that talk. I will say that a lot of moms are not to keen on whoever their eldest or only son ends up with. My SO's mom never even gave me a chance and even left his father after 45 years of marriage when we got our own place and he moved out at the age of 35. He is the baby with two older sisters. I wish Michelle could just be happy that she is going to have a boat load of Grandkids. Instead she acts jealous.

Anna is a fertile 25 yo. Michelle is a menopausal 48 year old. Anna is living better than Michelle when she first got married. She's also not as fundie. I don't see the connection between Michelle and her grand kids.

Even Mackenzie whose the same age as Josie seems more advanced than her

Anna is a fertile 25 yo. Michelle is a menopausal 48 year old. Anna is living better than Michelle when she first got married. She's also not as fundie. I don't see the connection between Michelle and her grand kids.

Even Mackenzie whose the same age as Josie seems more advanced than her

When Josh and Anna were still living in Grandma's house, Anna would come over and drop off the kids and go about her day. J'chelle wouldn't watch her grandkids, like a normal grandmother, she would just pawn them off on the J'slaves. Anna didn't even seem to interested in the beginning. In fact, she kinda seemed a lot like Michelle. The babies were fun as babies but then they got boring and required more work so she just pawned them off. Now she's in DC with no help and it shows bc she's actually exhausted due to having to do all the work herself. And you know Josh doesn't help out.

And Mack is definitely ahead of Josie. They still subtitle her, but they don't need to. I can understand what she says. Josie needs to be subtitled. That right there says a whole lot.

I remember the talk about Anna not getting along with her sisters in law. Didn't she stutter when asked if they were close? Something like "We're not close but we get along" with the clear undertone of "We pretty much pretend to get along to keep the peace".

I do tend to roll my eyes sometimes when people over-analyze the things that are said in the THs, but I just looked up the clip for this one and they really aren't trying very hard to convince us that they're great friends!

My favorite TH moment was when they were talking to Anna about how many kids she wanted and she said she wanted a big family but not, "18 kids in 18 years or something....you know like that :) "

I've always thought she was about to say "something crazy like that" but caught herself, especially since this was from the era when it seemed like Michelle and Anna didn't really get along.

I remember that too.

I'm not 100 % convinced that Anna will become a baby making machine.

I have n real reason to support it but I get the feeling that their "leaving it to God" is just for show and in private they think differently.

I still see them having lots of kids. Next 5 to 7 so years will baby making years.

I can see her stopping after 8 or 9

I remeber people saying that the J'Slaves didn't like Anna. It was discused on the TLC forums and one of the first topics I posted about on (yuku)FJ. Why would Michelle or anyone hate Anna :?

Anna strikes me as someone with a huge stick up her ass, to be honest, but it wouldn't surprise me if any animosity is due to the Duggars. They've always been so insular that it must be hard for anyone--especially another woman--to make a place with them. They're a self-reinforcing clique, especially the 4 oldest girls and Michelle, and while by all accounts they're perfectly polite and friendly to outsiders, when it comes to someone becoming part of the family I doubt they're all that welcoming.

For some reason if I think about fundy sex (and I really really try not to) I picture it as something almost entirely silent except maybe the sound of breathing. They probably don't even take their clothes off fully.

I'm sure if they're not already using it Josh at least looks like he's thinking about it. I wonder how against it Anna would be at this point? Maybe he'd start making her a "special smoothie" with a crushed pill in it every morning? They both look pretty worn out & Josh looked like he was happy with 2 before they even had Marcus. I wonder how he actually feels about a whole fuck tonne of kids being that he's the oldest of 19?

You have not found this little gem of a website...

Board URL: http://boards.themarriagebed.com

Dedicated to fundie sex.... It's fascinating :cray-cray: !

The thing that really creeps me out about TMB, is that married men are on there reading and commenting on the sexual lives/problems of women (married and otherwise). It just doesn't seem appropriate...or at the very least, highly creepy.

Also, I really can't take men who whine about condoms....

Anna strikes me as someone with a huge stick up her ass, to be honest, but it wouldn't surprise me if any animosity is due to the Duggars. They've always been so insular that it must be hard for anyone--especially another woman--to make a place with them. They're a self-reinforcing clique, especially the 4 oldest girls and Michelle, and while by all accounts they're perfectly polite and friendly to outsiders, when it comes to someone becoming part of the family I doubt they're all that welcoming.

I don't know if they had a problem with Anna specifically or if it was just difficult having another woman enter the family. There may have been some tension since Michelle had limited control over her and there was the difference in status (married woman vs. "girls") between Anna and her sisters-in-law. OTOH, Anna had to get used to living in a new place and dealing with TLC and the fans...so she needed their support.

I just skimmed through one or two threads and immediately was seeing responses to people worrying about temptation being told "get married immediately!". It kind of confirms fundies and other abstinent people getting married so they can boink ASAP. I don't know why that kind of mindset where you rush into marriage for lustful reasons seems any less sinful or healthy than the alternative.

Random question.. What's the difference between a fundie and a conservative or are they used interchangeably?

I believe a conservative christian allows women to wear modest pants and they allow their children to date. Also, I believe it's okay for women to get a job and possibly live alone between highschool and marriage. They even let their kids go to college, albeit a conservative christian "college" like Messiah :roll: They can also listen to music and even possibly go to some christian concerts where theres *gasp* dancing! Fundies on the other hand do not allow women to wear pants and must do the courtship bullshit, meaning no privacy at all. Women are stay at home daughters until they become stay at home wives until they become stay at home moms. They don't need an education for any other purpose than to get a MRS degree. And of course no music is allowed. That might make you want to dance. I think that about sums it up.

I just skimmed through one or two threads and immediately was seeing responses to people worrying about temptation being told "get married immediately!". It kind of confirms fundies and other abstinent people getting married so they can boink ASAP. I don't know why that kind of mindset where you rush into marriage for lustful reasons seems any less sinful or healthy than the alternative.

Uh, I about lost it on that forum with the gatekeeper nonsense

For example, a man expressed frustration that his intended has told him, she feels unready for sex the night of the wedding, and wants to experience emotional intimacy as a married couple before sex.

A anger-inducing response, "sounds to me like she is setting the tone to be a gatekeeper in your marriage. That could be a control issue.

It is very reasonable (and expected) to have sex on your wedding night. I would insist."

For example, a man expressed frustration that his intended has told him, she feels unready for sex the night of the wedding, and wants to experience emotional intimacy as a married couple before sex.

A anger-inducing response, "sounds to me like she is setting the tone to be a gatekeeper in your marriage. That could be a control issue.

It is very reasonable (and expected) to have sex on your wedding night. I would insist."

Whoa!

That responder sounds like a serious red flag, as would anyone who follows his bullshit "advice". Asking for emotional intimacy first is not a control issue. Insisting on sex is. Most people do not have sex on their wedding nights. It's just too long and exhausting of a day.

I believe a conservative christian allows women to wear modest pants and they allow their children to date. Also, I believe it's okay for women to get a job and possibly live alone between highschool and marriage. They even let their kids go to college, albeit a conservative christian "college" like Messiah :roll: They can also listen to music and even possibly go to some christian concerts where theres *gasp* dancing! Fundies on the other hand do not allow women to wear pants and must do the courtship bullshit, meaning no privacy at all. Women are stay at home daughters until they become stay at home wives until they become stay at home moms. They don't need an education for any other purpose than to get a MRS degree. And of course no music is allowed. That might make you want to dance. I think that about sums it up.

Oh hell. Ok much better to be conservative and a woman. Thank you!

Archived