Part 3: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20491

Part 4: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20933

Part 5: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21259

Part 6: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21558

To talk about Jill's engagement go here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21706

To talk about Jessa's courtship go here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20490

To talk about the new episodes go here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21896

And we now have a Quiver Full of Duggars: viewforum.php?f=87

with over 1200 archived threads about the mega family we love to hate. Yes, over 1200 threads. :pink-shock:

Now they're all in one place (mostly anyway - we keep finding more), and they're all available for further discussion. Feel free to post to any of them.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry, i don't know where to put this? Mods if this is in the wrong place please move it, thanks.

Did anybody see this?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/05/ ... =obnetwork

This is the first I've heard of it, but it seems Josh is just jumping on the bandwagon from Glenn Beck and associates. I googled a little more on this and it's really interesting, but I feel we are only getting one side of the story, it seems something else is going on. Obviously Smuggar didn't do ANY research, surprise surprise!

I'm sure this has been discussed before; sorry if I'm in the wrong place; but are the older Duggar girls looking extremely thin these days?

The photo Lori Alexander has on her current blog post really accentuates the thin (gaunt?) features of a couple of the girls. I did a quick photo search and....Wow....they are really losing weight quickly, it seems. We all know Michelle isn't going to give any guidance but I wonder if anybody is keeping an eye on them and will step in if there's a problem.

This is the first I've heard of it, but it seems Josh is just jumping on the bandwagon from Glenn Beck and associates. I googled a little more on this and it's really interesting, but I feel we are only getting one side of the story, it seems something else is going on. Obviously Smuggar didn't do ANY research, surprise surprise!

I can't open the link. What does it say?

I read Justina's story. I have a hard time thinking that the new doctor who diagnosed Justina with something completely different could simply override every effort made in her treatment by her old doctor, and then arrange to have Justina taken away from her family. Something's not right here, I think Smugs probably left a big part of the story out.

"Author: LaSham89 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:08 pm

Apparently the duggar tumblr posted a photo of jana / jinger (but I think it was jana) with their "special friend" but it's been removed as they were asked to take it done by the family or something. Has anyone seen this picture? I missed it and the curiosity is torturing me! "

I took the above from the last thread, but don't know how to "quote" it here.

Any way, I really doubt the above happened. A pic with Jana or Jinger and a man would have been saved by someone before the tumble admin asked for it to be removed.

Either Josh has been taking English composition on the sly or someone wrote that for him. I'm voting for someone wrote it for him.

Every time this story comes up, I keep thinking that there have to be details that are missing. Sure, I've seen brand new doctors make mistakes. One who was a whopping four weeks out of med school tried to with my oldest daughter. That's why there are attendings. I merely found his attending in the hall and asked if we could chat a few minutes. He took care of the issue.

They could also hire a lawyer and deal with it that way. I can't see any reason for the prolonged issues if it was indeed a medical mistake plain and simple. There has to be something else or else the Boston CPS needs to be completely ripped apart.

First of all, why does Josh think he has any kind of authority to write about this just because he's one of 19 and had 3 kids? That's like me saying I have the authority to write about the Sierra Lamar case because I know people who live in Morgan Hill and I have a sister.

Second, what was the purpose of his article. It wasn't even a call to action. It was just an article about the girl, her family, and a shout out to his family. The article feels largely incomplete, like he meant to write the last half but ran out of time.

Well, had to do it, commented on the article. I can't take all the Glenn Beck followers just jumping on the bandwagon without thinking that there might be more to the story that is being reported....well, just with out thinking really... :pull-hair:

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_an ... pects.html

I'm not sure if it's okay to post this unbroken link - but I did a little searching online and this article seemed to provide some good information about both the disease Justina's parents think she has, and why the doctors at the Boston hospital felt it necessary to separate Justina from her parents.

The Boston Globe did a pretty thorough article

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/1 ... story.html

I saw a note that the parents say Justina slipped to them while they were visiting her. The sentence structure and handwriting are very under developed as if written by a much younger child and I wonder why that is. Maybe she does not have enough strength to write or has other disabilities? I guess it would violate her HIPPA rights to disclose that in a news story. She is 15 and the note looks like it was written by a 7 year old.

of course he did not write this. too many big words and it is fairly old news. this version of it is pretty brief and describes very little about this. I mean this story is over a year old now I think.

Wow ! There's no way to know what is actually going on we can only speculate and I don't like to do that, However, if I'd only read Josh's article then I would definitely be feeling the parents had been severely wronged. It's so biased!

Found an article someone put up in the George Takei post on Facebook about the Duggars leading "scripted lives. Thought it was an interesting read.

patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfeminism/2012/02/carefully-scripted-lives-my-concerns-about-the-duggars.html

Honestly, after having read about as much of the case as is available, I think the problem is both sides. Neither side is willing to look at Justina's case objectively. Both sides are absolutely convinced that their way is the right way and refuse to consider any other possibilities, or to rule anything out permanently. It doesn't help that both sides are so intense. They almost egg each other on in their steadfastness.

I hope that they can manage to come to a reasonable diagnosis and treatment program before she turns 18, because otherwise, it could be a nightmare for her. I just hope that Justina isn't made a ward of the state against her will when she becomes an adult and is forever trapped in a nursing home-type situation.

Josh posted something on his instagram a little while back about this. I think he took a picture with her parents? Maybe? And it had a link to the family's site about the case. I would have to agree that the problem is both sides. The family is obviously so deep into their beliefs and religion that no one will ever change their minds. But the medical community isn't much better. Either way, Josh doesn't even know how to run his own life. He needs to stay out of others'. And he clearly did not write this. It's much too structured and concise for him.

Josh posted something on his instagram a little while back about this. I think he took a picture with her parents? Maybe? And it had a link to the family's site about the case. I would have to agree that the problem is both sides. The family is obviously so deep into their beliefs and religion that no one will ever change their minds. But the medical community isn't much better. Either way, Josh doesn't even know how to run his own life. He needs to stay out of others'. And he clearly did not write this. It's much too structured and concise for him.

I saw Justina's case on Dr Phil a couple of months back. It seems really disconcerting that because Dr's are disagreeing about her medical diagnosis this poor girl and family are suffering. Also according to what I saw on Dr Phil and read on the internet this Justina's condition has gotten much worse since being away from her parents and off of the medications she was taking for mitochondrial disease. You would think that would help the parents case that this wasn't abuse but so far it doesn't seem to have help at all .

I saw part of that Dr Phil episode, and the whole situation is really sad. It seems that once the state gets involved they often end up either overstepping their authority or outright ignoring abuse, and once they make their decision they rarely change it - even in light of new evidence, like her health being better while under her parents care.

And does anyone else notice that Joy doesn't even seem to be trying to look happy anymore? I noticed that when I saw some photos on Tumblr. Hope this doesn't get her sent to "camp"

As much as the idea of Joy wanting out makes me happy, I remember how snarky Jinger seemed in her teens and how much of the kool-aid she's on now. If Joy is 19 and still making faces, I'll start hoping for her.

I saw part of that Dr Phil episode, and the whole situation is really sad. It seems that once the state gets involved they often end up either overstepping their authority or outright ignoring abuse, and once they make their decision they rarely change it - even in light of new evidence, like her health being better while under her parents care.

And does anyone else notice that Joy doesn't even seem to be trying to look happy anymore? I noticed that when I saw some photos on Tumblr. Hope this doesn't get her sent to "camp"

I feel like out of all of them, Joy is one of the least likely to be sent to JTTH by herself. Not for any reason except that they CAN'T SPARE HER. Not with at least two of the older girls courting. Joy may luck out in that area.

As much as the idea of Joy wanting out makes me happy, I remember how snarky Jinger seemed in her teens and how much of the kool-aid she's on now. If Joy is 19 and still making faces, I'll start hoping for her.

Yeah, I'd love for all of those kids to leave the lifestyle--not even fundie-lite but full on heathen--but I won't believe it's happening until I read an official statement or see some beyond-a-shadow-of-a-doubt incriminating photos. Until then I'll think they believe everything they claim to believe.

God, I hope a break happens soon, though. I'd kill for a tell-all.

I hope one of the Duggar kids go on the today show and speak what really goes on in that household. They can make money off the profits.

New TLC series:

Breaking Duggar.

My Big Fat Heathen Wedding

Josie and Antoine + One

Naive Duggar, Big World

:whistle:

I hope one of the Duggar kids go on the today show and speak what really goes on in that household. They can make money off the profits.

I doubt it will happen any time soon with the Duggars. They are just too indoctrinated. However, I'm totally convinced that once the Gosselin twins turn 18, they will promptly write tell-alls.

The scenario goes a bit like this: Twins turn 18, apply for college. Their mother finds a way to refuse them their TLC college funds unless they continue to submit to every inane request she makes. Twins figure out they can bypass the shrieking banshee's control and leave her far behind in the dust by writing tell-alls to get money and in the process show her the middle finger. Kate goes and cries in the corner of her $50,000 luxury bathroom. The end. :twisted:

Archived