IGNORED

Bates Updates

BirthingGodsWarriors

Those two generally go together = "believer's" baptism only.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My church doesn't allow baptism until one has been saved no matter the age. Infant baptism is highly frowned upon.

My church didn't do infant baptism, it was a baptist church so we did believers baptisms only. However, baby dedications were a big thing. It was essentially a bunch of parents coming forth and promising to raise their children as christians, and then there was prayer and the family was given a letter for their child to open the day they said the sinners prayer. Bit silly but its a nice ritual for parents of infants to go through when baptism is out of the question, I guess.

OT, but I finally saw an episode with Cherin, and never realized how... um... high pitched little girl Erin sounds.

Oh...alright, I'll put money on Baby Jeb Bates and Josie Duggar. Maybe in 20 years the parents will forget the feud. Maybe Gil will actually save some money for the wedding so he won't have to grift while it's going on. :lol:

Holding out for Jackson and Jackson to hightail it to NY to tie the knot in 15 years or so. :dance: ;)

Those mountainside photos resemble Match.com profile pics!

Yes, for all the fundies talk about courtship for one's children, Kelly is the only one who seems to have gotten the whole thing down. I am actually surprised she hasn't given any talks on it yet. Maybe they're waiting for the kids to be married for awhile longer to give her some more cred.

Perhaps once most of the kids are grown/married off, Kelly can get a side gig as a fundie matchmaker? Or the webmaster of a quiverful dating site?

• 2 weeks later...

Erin graduated y'all!!! Even though it was from a questionable college with questionable morals, I am proud of her for not giving up even after getting married and suffering through the miscarriage. I hope seeing her graduate college gives other fundie women (including her sisters) the inspiration to go as well.

post-4896-14451998903374_thumb.jpg

post-4896-14451998903479_thumb.png

Although they probably didn't, I hope the Duggars attended Erin's grad. They really need to support their peers that actually do pursue higher education.

Erin graduated y'all!!! Even though it was from a questionable college with questionable morals, I am proud of her for not giving up even after getting married and suffering through the miscarriage. I hope seeing her graduate college gives other fundie women (including her sisters) the inspiration to go as well.

What college is this? Good for her.

I just want to say that I can't wait to be able to drive through oak ridge without seeing Zachary bates signs and having to roll my eyes each time.

any pics of whitney's baby bump? she's a petite person and i'd imagine she is showing a little by now.

What college is this? Good for her.

The Crown College, also called Crown College of the Bible. It is an Independent Baptist Bible college, seminary, and music conservatory in Powell, Tennessee. (From Wikipedia)

I think her degree was in music conservatory which is great because that really seems to be her passion. I just hope the rest of the Bates children are encouraged to follow their passions even if they fall outside of the accepted gender normative careers/hobbies/interests.

any pics of whitney's baby bump? she's a petite person and i'd imagine she is showing a little by now.

You can kinda see one in this pic, but I haven't been able to find many recent pics of her. Will likely see more tonight/soon either way after they announce the results of the mayoral primaries.

post-4896-14451998903677_thumb.jpg

I need some of Kelly Bates match making service along with my parents writing a blog of all the great things I do.

I need some of Kelly Bates match making service along with my parents writing a blog of all the great things I do.

I'll just settle for her matchmaking service.

The Crown College, also called Crown College of the Bible. It is an Independent Baptist Bible college, seminary, and music conservatory in Powell, Tennessee. (From Wikipedia)

I think her degree was in music conservatory which is great because that really seems to be her passion. I just hope the rest of the Bates children are encouraged to follow their passions even if they fall outside of the accepted gender normative careers/hobbies/interests.

A local pastor had a son graduate from Crown as well. Most of the graduates go on to work for Christian organizations. Does anyone know if Crown has a graduate program or why they aren't accredited?

A local pastor had a son graduate from Crown as well. Most of the graduates go on to work for Christian organizations. Does anyone know if Crown has a graduate program or why they aren't accredited?

From their website:

The Crown College is a member of the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS), [15935 Forest Road, Forest, VA 24551; Telephone: (434) 525-9539; e-mail: info@tracs.org] having been awarded Candidate Status as a Category III institution by the TRACS Accreditation Commission on November 6, 2012. This status is effective for up to a period of five years. TRACS is recognized by the United States Department of Education, the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE).

Dang, if the Bates had only 491 more children of voting age, Zach would have won. Should have started that Quiverful thing sooner, with lots of multiple births.

Archived