IGNORED

Bates Updates

BirthingGodsWarriors

Just wanted to start a thread on the comings an goings of the rest of the Bates family. Kelly just updated the blog with a post about how Cherin come by to give the littles haircuts.

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know the Bates girls cut their hair. Although, when I was growing up Pentecostal the pastors "approved" small trims for women. But only to manage split ends of course.

Good for them! The girls look better when their long hair is maintained by evening out the ends.

I see both little girls in the pictures are wearing above the knee tunics & leggings.

It's hard to pay attention to Chad's countenance when his arm is being visually defrauding... :whistle:

It's hard to pay attention to Chad's countenance when his arm is being visually defrauding... :whistle:

Men's arms are defrauding to me, too... Something to think about :naughty:

I wonder if they (fundies) have any idea that women can get all revved up by a good pair of biceps?

I wonder if they (fundies) have any idea that women can get all revved up by a good pair of biceps?

He has a nice set of biceps, especially in that one picture when he's very tan.

It doesn't matter if the women are turned on. They can control themselves. It's the men folk who are unable to act like civilized humans around anything defrauding.

It doesn't matter if the women are turned on. They can control themselves. It's the men folk who are unable to act like civilized humans around anything defrauding.

And yet, men should be in charge of everything because they aren't guided by emotion or so easily led astray. Fundie logic 101.

I have wondered that as well. The modesty rules seem so unequal between the genders. Heaven forbid a woman wear something too tight... it might give men the vapors (been waiting to drop that term in somewhere). Remember those pics Kelly posted last summer? Something about "boys being boys?" I always thought that she either was blind to the defrauding nature of the pics or (and this is the more likely option) she knew exactly what she was doing in the hopes of luring in potential daughter in laws.

post-4896-14451998788041_thumb.jpg

Alyssa had a bridal shower on Saturday.

I have wondered that as well. The modesty rules seem so unequal between the genders. Heaven forbid a woman wear something too tight... it might give men the vapors (been waiting to drop that term in somewhere). Remember those pics Kelly posted last summer? Something about "boys being boys?" I always thought that she either was blind to the defrauding nature of the pics or (and this is the more likely option) she knew exactly what she was doing in the hopes of luring in potential daughter in laws.

OH MY GOD! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That pic is... oh my... it's like a stripper ad or something!

Well, Kelly does seem to know what she is doing when it comes to attracting mates for her kids. This is the workshop she should teach at Big Sandy!

WHOA!! :pink-shock: Shades of the Abercrombie catalog there. Yowza.

Well, Kelly does seem to know what she is doing when it comes to attracting mates for her kids. This is the workshop she should teach at Big Sandy!

True that! Wasn't it also reported somewhere on here that Kelly was shopping Zach around post failed Sarah Reith courtship? I remember reading that she was going to the homes of young eligible women and extolling the virtues of the eldest son, no joke. Seems like she knows exactly what she is doing. Shoot, I'm single, maybe I should hit up KellysMatchmakingservices.com :lol: haha. Although, I am not sure how much luck I would have in convincing her to find me a same sex partner :dance:

To be fair, step 1 seems to be "Have Attractive Children" and step 2: "Dress them well".

"Have them come from a family with high standing yet little money" doesn't hurt either. (Unlike the Duggars/Botkins/Maxwells who are more comfortable)

I'd like to see how well she would do with some of the nice, yet less attractive fundies like Rebecca Eleventy!!11!!

True that! Wasn't it also reported somewhere on here that Kelly was shopping Zach around post failed Sarah Reith courtship? I remember reading that she was going to the homes of young eligible women and extolling the virtues of the eldest son, no joke. Seems like she knows exactly what she is doing. Shoot, I'm single, maybe I should hit up KellysMatchmakingservices.com :lol: haha. Although, I am not sure how much luck I would have in convincing her to find me a same sex partner :dance:

Yes, a Bates friend/insider said she started doing that as soon as she heard zach was interested in Whitney.

Was Chad cutting hair, too? If he was, that's kinda sweet.

I've always thought the reason why there won't ever be a Duggar/Bates courtship is because it would ultimately be a battle of clashing egos between the parents. Michelle and Kelly have always jealously watched one another, both always wanting magic baby #20 (even if that doesn't seem as likely at this point), and Jim Bob would want to absorb any Bates offspring that hooked up with a Duggarling into the dog and pony show. I don't see Gil being bothered by selling his kids out as long as Jim Bob would be willing to cut Gil in on the profits, but what are the odds that Jim Bob would treat him fairly?

They're like the Hatfields and the McCoys of fundiedom.

Was Chad cutting hair, too? If he was, that's kinda sweet.

I've always thought the reason why there won't ever be a Duggar/Bates courtship is because it would ultimately be a battle of clashing egos between the parents. Michelle and Kelly have always jealously watched one another, both always wanting magic baby #20 (even if that doesn't seem as likely at this point), and Jim Bob would want to absorb any Bates offspring that hooked up with a Duggarling into the dog and pony show. I don't see Gil being bothered by selling his kids out as long as Jim Bob would be willing to cut Gil in on the profits, but what are the odds that Jim Bob would treat him fairly?

They're like the Hatfields and the McCoys of fundiedom.

:lol: :lol: Awh come on, there has to be at least 2 Bates/Duggar courtships in the FAR future! It can't be a money issue. Look at 18 year old Ben

:lol: :lol: Awh come on, there has to be at least 2 Bates/Duggar courtships in the FAR future! It can't be a money issue. Look at 18 year old Ben

Oh...alright, I'll put money on Baby Jeb Bates and Josie Duggar. Maybe in 20 years the parents will forget the feud. Maybe Gil will actually save some money for the wedding so he won't have to grift while it's going on. :lol:

I think it is a status symbol for kids of both families to continually marry outside of one another. They know each other so well that marrying a member of the other family would be considered low hanging fruit and a sign that they weren't good enough to attract a partner they weren't acquainted with already. Notice that all of the Duggar/Bates intendeds so far have been from families they didn't know particularly well until the courtship/special friends stage. Or if they did know them, they weren't exceptionally close. I think it's almost a competition of egos: "I can attract a total stranger that's both hot and godly just by showing up at the local Sonic and appearing as my perfect self! Oh, you just settled for one of my sisters? Wow. I guess you're not as desirable as I am if you couldn't attract someone that didn't already know you."

It's also very possible that having grown up as friends, they consider each other more as siblings and less as potential spouse material.

Kelly mentioned that Erin & Chad sometimes have a little Bates sleep over--and she's mentioned that Zach & Whitney do that to. I think it is great that the kids are given an opportunity to sleep in a guest room alone-- terrific to show them that sharing a bedroom with a metric ton of other siblings isn't the only way to live! I wish the Duggarlings were given more opportunities to go places without the entire 3 ring circus in tow.

I don't think there will be a Duggar/Bates courtship because both families look down on the other. They all seem to have a frienemies status rather than a friends status. Sure the kids play together, but what else are they going to do while their parents try to passive aggressively one up each other.

Plus, the only Bates boy I could see a Duggar girl pursuing is now married. And, let's be honest, ALL of the Bates girls can do SO much better than a Duggar boy. So. Much. Better.

Archived