IGNORED

Bates Updates

BirthingGodsWarriors

One last comment, why should it be a post? Wouldn't a phone call to the other candidate be more preferable?

They should do both.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One last comment, why should it be a post? Wouldn't a phone call to the other candidate be more preferable?

No. It was a public election, therefore a public concession, congratulations, and thanking your supporters is in order. Anything short of that shows that you are a sore loser.

ETA: This makes me seriously wonder if Bateses send thank you notes for wedding and baby presents.

Okay, who posted this? :D

Jenna Lee May 11, 2014 at 12:45 am

What a heartening response to his campaign. Even though he lost, Zach has shown what a Godly young man can accomplish with faith and family.

I would love to hear/ read his concession to the winner. I think it would be a wonderful example of how to show respect and be Christ-like even in defeat.

You can tell how loved by God Whitney and Zach are~~being blessed with a BOY!!

It's not that she isn't in college specifically, it's that she isn't really working on anything (trade, a job) except planning her wedding. Again, it could be because I'm in a bad mood tonight, but seeing her standing on the side of the highway in the middle of the day because she has nothing else to do at the age of nineteen elicited an eye roll in me.

I really don't know why she should have to be employed. If she doesn't want to be and she doesn't need to be, what is the point of forcing employment on her?

so Zach and whit would be less blessed if they had a girl? is that what the poster meant? she sure did put it in caps.

Alyssa was working in a florist's shop, I think... no idea how often, or whether she's still doing it, but she did have a job.

Okay, who posted this? :D

That was me! Apparently, I am not being blessed with an answer by Kelley. That makes my countenance really sad.

so Zach and whit would be less blessed if they had a girl? is that what the poster meant? she sure did put it in caps.

Lol, I had to lay it on really thick to get it through to try to get an answer on the concession. It didn't work, but trust me when I say that I rolled my eyes so hard while writing that drivel, that I am surprised that I am STILL not looking at the inside of the back of my skull!

Awesome job, charmedjenny!

You might get an answer later. It'll be interesting to see if she does, but I sort of doubt it. You might have laid it on too thick, KWIM?

Awesome job, charmedjenny!

You might get an answer later. It'll be interesting to see if she does, but I sort of doubt it. You might have laid it on too thick, KWIM?

That's entirely possible. I am not fluent in fundie-speak!! (I am totally okay with that, though.) :lol:

That's entirely possible. I am not fluent in fundie-speak!! (I am totally okay with that, though.) :lol:

I think you were good until the comment about them having a boy. Got to be careful when trolling fundies to not go too far, otherwise they might catch on. I've trolled Steve Maxwell a few times, and I always try to not go too far. ;)

I really don't know why she should have to be employed. If she doesn't want to be and she doesn't need to be, what is the point of forcing employment on her?

We've been through this before DuggarsTheEndisNear. I have no issue with someone marrying and staying home to raise their children, but I think it should be a choice--not something you do because you have no other way of supporting yourself, or because you haven't ever been exposed to any other way of living out adulthood. And I personally think it is too important of a choice to make as a teenager. To me, Alyssa's case is very different from a grown woman who has adult experiences (don't mean that in a dirty way... :? ) who independently decides she would like to marry a guy she has been seeing and become a SAHM.

Alyssa doesn't need employment "forced" on her, she needs to be experiencing things that allow her to become an adult before marrying someone and immediately having children.

ETA: I will cop to phrasing my first comment on this thread about Alyssa in a really bitchy way. I was tired and something about that whole Bates post about Zach just really annoyed me.

College isn't for everyone, my sister has gone to college twice and both times didn't make it a year. Maybe Alyssa just didn't have her heart in it. No need to waste the money (that they probably don't have). I don't see how her supporting her brother can be seen as negative. They are family after all.

Erin went to college, so I expect Alyssa could at least go to a Christian college if that's what she wanted to do.

That picture of Carlin standing barefoot on the giant traffic cone holding a sign above her head is as close to go-go or cage dancing as any Duggar (besides Amy) or Bates will ever get. It approaches fundie softcore.

According to Kelly, the Duggars bought Carlin her iPod...I wonder if they bought it used and saved the difference...

Yeah, that picture of Carlin...if I were less scrupulous and male, I'd cat call out of my car window as I passed her by.

And I'm pretty sure climbing on that traffic barrel could not have been very modest. Not that I care, but fundies seem to be obsessed with this type of thing, so just holding them up to their own standards here.

Yeah, that picture of Carlin...if I were less scrupulous and male, I'd cat call out of my car window as I passed her by.

And I'm pretty sure climbing on that traffic barrel could not have been very modest. Not that I care, but fundies seem to be obsessed with this type of thing, so just holding them up to their own standards here.

she may have had help onto it.

Kelly commented that Zach is back to working at a metal fabrication factory... so at least he had/has another job and wasn't just counting on being elected as Mayor.

She also said Erin had a kidney infection and bad cold. Poor Erin :( It seems like she's getting hit with everything at once with that and her miscarriage. I'm glad she graduated though and hopefully things start to look up for her now!

Its a good thing Zach has another job. Even if he didn't win the election, he still has a way to earn money.

Poor Erin :(

I wonder if Whitney is doing anything. I assume working while pregnant in any respect is a big no no.

I just posted this in the "When is Alyssa getting married again?" thread but was confused where it should go, so I'm posting here too because I get confused:

Kelly posted some details about Alyssa's wedding in a comment on her blog, and what I found particularly interesting was Michael, who didn't want the attention of being a bridesmaid at Erin's wedding, is going to be one in Alyssa's:

"The plans are going great! 13 days away. ABC will most likely be filming it. Her colors are hot oink and Malibu blue. The groomsmen will wear grey tuxes. Whitney, Michael, Erin, Tori, and 2 of John’s sisters, and 2 friends (8 total). Addee & Ellie are flower girls. Rachel Leftwich will be singing. Greg Howlett will be the pianist, and she will have 2 violinists, and a cellist. Gil will be doing the ceremony. Love, Kelly"

Maybe the attention issue was a bit of a fib, and she just isn't as close to Erin to be in her wedding? Maybe they're forcing Michael to get used to the attention, so it's not too uncomfortable for her in her own wedding? Maybe Michael's wedding brain is starting?

She also said Erin had a kidney infection and bad cold. Poor Erin :( It seems like she's getting hit with everything at once with that and her miscarriage. I'm glad she graduated though and hopefully things start to look up for her now!

So when I saw this, I immediately thought of something that I mentioned months ago somewhere on FJ, when it was being discussed how fundie girls are so not ready for sex when they start having it, and to me that also meant they probably have to learn the hard way about proper peeing before/after in order to avoid infections. Erin et al probably have no resources to understand that kind of stuff, and now that she has a kidney infection that kind of confirms it for me. I really hope Ma Bates would inform her of some of that stuff because after dealing with chronic UTIs and kidney infections myself for many years, that shit sucks.

So when I saw this, I immediately thought of something that I mentioned months ago somewhere on FJ, when it was being discussed how fundie girls are so not ready for sex when they start having it, and to me that also meant they probably have to learn the hard way about proper peeing before/after in order to avoid infections. Erin et al probably have no resources to understand that kind of stuff, and now that she has a kidney infection that kind of confirms it for me. I really hope Ma Bates would inform her of some of that stuff because after dealing with chronic UTIs and kidney infections myself for many years, that shit sucks.

Kelly might not know about those problems. My mom and sister get UTIs a lot but I've (knock on wood) never had them. I wouldn't know the first thing about how to avoid them or what causes them.

Someone should leave a note on Chad's blog letting him know that Erin really should pee after sex. :). I'd do it but I'm a wus.

Does she have a kidney infection or a UTI. I bothers me when some people label everything a kidney infection which is much more serious then a UTI. As someone who has only 1 kidney and has spent weeks in the hospital battling serious kidney infections over the years I also wondered about Erin's knowledge of symptoms and treatments. Usually you have some warning signs before an infection becomes a full blown kidney infection. I saw Whitney was using the same Christian clinic Dr that Kelly did. I wonder if Erin uses him to (I would have to assume so since Chad and Zach work at the same scarp metal yard). It might be uncomfortable to talk about pain because it might make it look like you are complaining(confusing pain related to sex with a real medical issue like a UTI). I remember watching an episode of the Tyra show years ago and she said her mom gave her a mirror and told her to know he body and I wished my mom had done the same. I remember right after I was married my husband who was a dr had to give his first ob/gyn exam and was honestly a bit confused, I can just imagine how these girls like Erin are.

Archived