IGNORED

Bates Updates

BirthingGodsWarriors

All this talk of peeing after sex makes me think I have a UT of steel. I've never peed right after sex. Well maybe once when I started sex needing to pee (that was uncomfortable). But I usually don't pee for a least an hour, but usually a few hours. I wouldn't be able to if I tried. I've never been the person to pee on demand (I have no idea what I'll do when I'm pregnant and have to submit pee tests) and I don't feel the need until a while after any kind of sexual interaction.

But I've (knock on wood again) never had a UTI.

Idk how they do it now...I had my last baby in 1992...but for both of mine,they wanted first morning urine on the day of the dr visit,bc that is a better indicator of protein levels.(and maybe glucose,too? I forgot).So they always gave me a lab cup to take home each visit,and I brought it back next time.

I did fail the command one at the hospital,and so the lab just came up the next day and asked for one.

for a pregnancy test,they can do it via blood,if you can't go right then.

hope that helps.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Idk how they do it now...I had my last baby in 1992...but for both of mine,they wanted first morning urine on the day of the dr visit,bc that is a better indicator of protein levels.(and maybe glucose,too? I forgot).So they always gave me a lab cup to take home each visit,and I brought it back next time.

I did fail the command one at the hospital,and so the lab just came up the next day and asked for one.

for a pregnancy test,they can do it via blood,if you can't go right then.

hope that helps.

I know they do the blood work for pregnancy testing. But things like the gestational diabetes test, I wouldn't be able to do it. I know you can opt out of that though, as long as you eat like you've been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Which is probably how I would eat while pregnant. I'm not the kind of person who eats a lot of sweets anyways.

I know they do the blood work for pregnancy testing. But things like the gestational diabetes test, I wouldn't be able to do it. I know you can opt out of that though, as long as you eat like you've been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Which is probably how I would eat while pregnant. I'm not the kind of person who eats a lot of sweets anyways.

Gestational diabetes testing is also a blood test. Except for the protein check via urine, almost all pregnancy related tests (iron, etc) are blood.

All this talk of peeing after sex makes me think I have a UT of steel. I've never peed right after sex. Well maybe once when I started sex needing to pee (that was uncomfortable). But I usually don't pee for a least an hour, but usually a few hours. I wouldn't be able to if I tried. I've never been the person to pee on demand (I have no idea what I'll do when I'm pregnant and have to submit pee tests) and I don't feel the need until a while after any kind of sexual interaction.

You are extremely lucky.

You are extremely lucky.

I am jealous. I have to take antibiotics every time I have sex, because I get UTIs so easily. And they go from no symptoms to me peeing blood within like an hour. I also do unsweetened cranberry and azo tabs. It happens to all the women in my family.

LOL, you must have the bladder of a racehorse :-).

I'm not prone to UTIs (not sure if I've never had one, or if I've had a couple minor ones that went away without antibiotics).. but there's no way I could go that long without peeing :-). Of course, I'm in my 40s and have had 3 babies....

LOL, you must have the bladder of a racehorse :-).

I'm not prone to UTIs (not sure if I've never had one, or if I've had a couple minor ones that went away without antibiotics).. but there's no way I could go that long without peeing :-). Of course, I'm in my 40s and have had 3 babies....

My first 5 years as a nanny, I took care of twins. And in some cases, I had as many as 10 kids in the house under my care (because neighbors would send their kids over to play but not bother to accompany said kids, even when they sent 4-5 kids over at once). I had to learn to hold it because going to the bathroom (even during nap time) was a sure fire way to ensure that the house explode. One time, I went to the bathroom, came out and one of the boys had pooped on the floor (their parents decided to try the pants less potty training -- it was a disaster) and they were both playing in it. Another time I went, they figured out how to unlock the backdoor. Another time, they decided to do flips into each other's cribs.

So I learned to go 10+ hours without peeing. Now I pee maybe once or twice a day unless I'm hormonal or I drank an exceptional amount of fluids (like more than 24 oz in a 2 hour period).

Gestational diabetes testing is also a blood test. Except for the protein check via urine, almost all pregnancy related tests (iron, etc) are blood.

yes that's a blood test,for a one hour glucose after drinking the (it used to be like an orange soda,not sure now) glucose drink.I think I had that around 6 mo.

I flunked that one the first time,so got sent for the 4 hour test,which I passed.They were running out of places to stick me though,and finally had to get my hand,which swelled something awful.I was ready to offer a foot.LOL

I think you'll just get over your shy bladder if/when you are pregnant. I was the same way, plus borderline phobic about needles, but there is just so much peeing in a cup and drawing of blood that I just got used to it--at least enough to get through it.

Slightly off topic, but I didn't know a better place to post. Haven't Michael and her guy been courting a pretty long time by fundie standards? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to discourage any of these young couples from taking any extra time to get to know one another, but haven't they been courting for nearly six months? Isn't that fairly long with no engagement announcement? Though, I'll admit these courtship generally blend into the engagements for me, since it's practically the same thing. I wonder if she's just trying to give her poor parents a break from planning all these weddings!

Slightly off topic, but I didn't know a better place to post. Haven't Michael and her guy been courting a pretty long time by fundie standards? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to discourage any of these young couples from taking any extra time to get to know one another, but haven't they been courting for nearly six months? Isn't that fairly long with no engagement announcement? Though, I'll admit these courtship generally blend into the engagements for me, since it's practically the same thing. I wonder if she's just trying to give her poor parents a break from planning all these weddings!

Erin and Chad courted way longer than that. Kelly keeps saying that Michael and Brandon are waiting to move forward until he's done school in November.

Erin and Chad courted way longer than that. Kelly keeps saying that Michael and Brandon are waiting to move forward until he's done school in November.

Ah, okay thanks. That makes sense, I forgot he was in school.

I always forget Erin and Chad's courtship timeline. I thought they started courting in June and got engaged in August but I looked back and see it was January to August for the courtship.

I think you'll just get over your shy bladder if/when you are pregnant. I was the same way, plus borderline phobic about needles, but there is just so much peeing in a cup and drawing of blood that I just got used to it--at least enough to get through it.

It's not a shy bladder problem just that my body does things on its own time. There was one time I thought I might have been pregnant (my asshole of an ex boyfriend purposefully sabotaged the condom in hopes of knocking me up so I would "be stuck with him") and it was nearly 12 hours from buying the test to the time I peed, even though I was downing 10-24 oz of water every 2 hours.

Via Lawson Bates' instagram (lawbates), the Bates are finally going to have a new "official" family photo to replace the old frumptastic one on their website. It includes all 4 couples, and was directed by Chad and Erin (self-timer?). More photos on his instagram, but here's them about to take the picture, Michael looks kind of grumpy:

925014_302002413298145_322798732_n.jpg

Also, Kelly updated her blog with pictures from Erin's graduation, glad she gets as much attention for an academic/professional accomplishment as she does for her personal love life accomplishments.

I like the come hither sirens bookending the family photo! However, Erin's blinged out flipflops do NOT go with that dress!!

PS I'd give away a piece of my heart to get the "like" button back! I don't understand who some users get to "thank" others, either!

PPS The "like" button is back! Praise the :fsm: !!

Erin and Michael do not look happy in that picture. Neither does....is that Josie? The girl sitting next to Kelly. I'm guessing that won't be the official picture.

Okay, I'm redirecting any peeps on here who may be interested in alternate cures for chronic bladder infections. I haven't tried this method so I don't know if it's effective, but as someone who suffered with chronic bladder/u.t.i. for years I thought I'd toss this out here. If (and that's a bit IF) this is effective, it would be great news since the overuse of antibiotics bothers me quite a bit and I believe it's going to get more and more difficult to get scripts for them. Plus I really love sex and think no one should have to go without for fear of the agony that is these infections :) For the record, peeing after intercourse did not help me. My infections only went away after about six months of regular (as in four times a week) sex. Sorry if that's TMI :embarrassed:

I'm not sure if I should direct link, so I'll just give out the name of the website and under the search bar type in "urinary tract infections". The blog is One Good Thing By Jillee and she uses essential oils placed in an empty gelatin capsule. I don't know if it's quackery but I thought I'd toss it out there just in case there's something to this.

Where is Chad in the pic? I don't see him. Who is the girl on the end near Zack and Whitney? Is she a bates girl? If everyone was actually smiling, I would think its a great pic. Everyone isn't super matchy matchy.

Where is Chad in the pic? I don't see him. Who is the girl on the end near Zack and Whitney? Is she a bates girl? If everyone was actually smiling, I would think its a great pic. Everyone isn't super matchy matchy.

The girl on the far left with her hand on her hip is Carlin Bates. She is 16. Those Bateses do make some really photogenic children!

This is a behind-the-scenes, about-to-take-the-picture picture. I'm sure Chad will be in the actual one and they'll all have on their best keeping-sweet smiles.

I got a UTI in college. I was training for a 10k during an indian summer and I wasn't drinking enough, but I'm not sure if that's what caused it. I remember going to the urgent care on campus and the doctor telling me to pee after sex in the future. I don't think she really believed that a 21 year old would still be a virgin... but I was!

The girl on the far left with her hand on her hip is Carlin Bates. She is 16. Those Bateses do make some really photogenic children!

The Bates girls really are stunners. Carlin is rockin' those pumps! Those white platform flip flops are so out of place.

In regards to the pee tests, you just have to drink a lot of water right before you get one. They will test for the proteins that signal pre-eclampsia. And if you're really lucky, you get to have the 24 hour pee test, where you just pee in a jug for a day. I had to do that three times. But it was not as bad as that freaking 2nd glucose test. Lot easier to pee in a jug than not be able to eat or drink for the duration of that test. That syrup is terrible--put me off orange for over a year and a half.

Poor Lawson didn't even get a mention in Erin's graduation post about his financial contributions.

Archived