IGNORED

Bates Updates

BirthingGodsWarriors

The Crown College, also called Crown College of the Bible. It is an Independent Baptist Bible college, seminary, and music conservatory in Powell, Tennessee. (From Wikipedia)

I think her degree was in music conservatory which is great because that really seems to be her passion. I just hope the rest of the Bates children are encouraged to follow their passions even if they fall outside of the accepted gender normative careers/hobbies/interests.

Good for Erin. I hope some of her siblings will be interested in attending as well. The bates seem more lax with their kids.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the first GrandBates will a little boy. I am so happy for them 8-)

I can see Kelly Bates as a (semi)professional matchmaker. I think this community (the homeschooled fundies) need a service like that provided by wise moms and grandmothers. I's like in the Hindu culture with the aunties. Fundie christians need a system like that I think because of all those SAHDs that are of marital age. They need wise help besides their parents, otherwise they'll end up marrying the first men that comes along without really thinking about compatibility. I can even imagine a TV show about Kelly Bates and other fundie moms where it's all about picking the right husband for SAHDs. Hey, TLC, there's a new idea for you!!!

Dang, if the Bates had only 491 more children of voting age, Zach would have won. Should have started that Quiverful thing sooner, with lots of multiple births.

that makes me think the next phase for fundies is to group together all in one county so ppl like Zach can take over,one county at a time.ugh

Erin graduated y'all!!! Even though it was from a questionable college with questionable morals, I am proud of her for not giving up even after getting married and suffering through the miscarriage. I hope seeing her graduate college gives other fundie women (including her sisters) the inspiration to go as well.

Good for her! Even if it's a shitty school, its really great to see someone from their lifestyle value any kind of education.

that makes me think the next phase for fundies is to group together all in one county so ppl like Zach can take over,one county at a time.ugh

They are actually serious when they say they are "birthing warriors for Christ". The long term plan of some of the factions is to create a large and powerful Christian population.

So yes, that is exactly what they would like to do.

They are actually serious when they say they are "birthing warriors for Christ". The long term plan of some of the factions is to create a large and powerful Christian population.

I like to say to my husband the 1950's children went on to be come 1960's hippies. Okay not all of them of course, but I think it is an interesting study of how conservative culture can lead to interesting counter culture social change. Now I know the 1960's had various social and political factors. However I do wonder what counter culture power is going to be a deciding factor in social change in the furture. The rise of vocal young atheist and declining church attendance is interesting to see.

A nut job from California or maybe Oregon wanted to encourage fundies to emigrate to South Carolina to set up a theocracy, When enough people had moved here, they were going to secede and start their own country. Yeah, like that worked so well last time.

I found this yesterday when I was looking something up about Kanab, Utah which the nearest town to the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary:

Natural Family Resolution[edit]

On January 10, 2006, the mayor at that time Kim Lawson and the city council passed Resolution 1-1-06R, titled The Natural Family: A Vision for the City of Kanab, codifying the definition of a "natural family":

"We envision a local culture that upholds the marriage of a man to a woman, and a woman to a man, as ordained of God... We see our homes as open to a full quiver of children, the source of family continuity and social growth. We envision young women growing into wives, homemakers, and mothers; and we see young men growing into husbands, home-builders, and fathers."[7]

The nonbinding resolution was formulated by a conservative advocacy group from Salt Lake City. Though symbolic, it created controversy within the town, and prompted Arthur Frommer to refer to the community as homophobic, and urge it be boycotted by tourists.[8]

Now, most of the people are probably Mormon and not considered Christian by most evangelicals, but still...

Kelly needs to start talking about the wedding.

It's been speculated before, possibly correctly, that the Groom's family doesn't like appearing on the Bates' blog all that much. Also, Alyssa may not want Kelly talking about it either. It's very possible that one or both of them have put the kabosh on wedding talk, with the exception of a few of the formal pictures.

Kelly needs to start talking about the wedding.

She didn't talk about the other two very much before.

I'm sure that within a week or two of the wedding there will be pictures on the blog from it. I wonder if Alyssa and John will start a blog.

It's been speculated before, possibly correctly, that the Groom's family doesn't like appearing on the Bates' blog all that much. Also, Alyssa may not want Kelly talking about it either. It's very possible that one or both of them have put the kabosh on wedding talk, with the exception of a few of the formal pictures.

Chad and Whitney's families weren't featured on the Bates blog that much. I don't think John's family is against appearing on the blog(a few of the Webster kids were on the blog a year or 2 ago). Appearing on the Bates blog won't hurt Congressman Webster. The voters he's after likes families like the Bates.

The comment section is where Kelly talks about wedding plans. We got most of the information about Erin and Zach's weddings from the comments.

:text-yeahthat: (to the bolded) Hence my name and initial interest in fundies. I watched the doc on Patrick Henry College and to be honest the connections they are acquiring are a bit frightening.

I can't stand these no birth control religions.and that's just what they are...religion,not God.

It's everybody trying to play God,via their own agenda.And twisting bible verses in an attempt to gain more followers via slamming birth control.what a sham.

For some reason, it really bugs me that there is no sign of a concession speech or congratulations to Zach's opponent. It shows such a disrespect for the new female mayor. Even Kelly didn't so much as mention Mayor Frank's name in her blog post. It's like they can't bear to admit that Zach lost to a woman, and by acknowledging that woman's victory they are doing something unbiblical.

Zach is very foolish. Frank is a republican, just like him. He never knows when he'll need her help, or when they might be working together. For example, if he is discourteous to her, she's unlikely to ever hire him to fill a post, or to work on her campaign.

Yeah, he's a dumbass and a jerk for not issuing a public congratulations to her.

Wasn't the election just a primary? The Republican run off if you will.

I'm not bothered by no concession statement in general but especially not if it was primary.

I began writing an comment to Kelly's blog, giving some positive suggestions for Zach, but I think it'll be ignored and I'll just be told Zach is awesome, something about the Lord's Will, and praying.

Wasn't the election just a primary? The Republican run off if you will.

I'm not bothered by no concession statement in general but especially not if it was primary.

Any election should have a concession, even if it was a primary. It's just political etiquette.

Perhaps it was by private phone call. It actually seems a tad antiquated to me, but I'm not all into politics at all.

It's interesting that in the Bateses' post about Zach's (failed) campaign, Alyssa has her shirt sleeves rolled up over her shoulders. That one is gonna leave fundiesm for conservative Christianity so fast after she is married...

Also, and maybe it's because I'm feeling especially bitchy tonight, but it really annoys me that there is no formal concession post from Zach. It seems so arrogant (well, the whole premise of the campaign seems arrogant) and immature. The Bateses' post doesn't make it any better. And I'm so glad Alyssa is spending her time standing on the side of the highway with a campaign sign rather than attending college or developing a trade skill. But hey, her hair and makeup is getting better and better. Good choices there, Alyssa. :roll:

College isn't for everyone, my sister has gone to college twice and both times didn't make it a year. Maybe Alyssa just didn't have her heart in it. No need to waste the money (that they probably don't have). I don't see how her supporting her brother can be seen as negative. They are family after all.

Also, and maybe it's because I'm feeling especially bitchy tonight, but it really annoys me that there is no formal concession post from Zach. It seems so arrogant (well, the whole premise of the campaign seems arrogant) and immature. The Bateses' post doesn't make it any better.

No, you're not being bitchy, and I totally agree. It's just plain good manners to issue a formal concession and congratulate your opponent. I have a feeling it's because he lost to a *gasp* WOMAN! And people think the Bateses are more likeable than the Duggars, why exactly?

One last comment, why should it be a post? Wouldn't a phone call to the other candidate be more preferable?

College isn't for everyone, my sister has gone to college twice and both times didn't make it a year. Maybe Alyssa just didn't have her heart in it. No need to waste the money (that they probably don't have). I don't see how her supporting her brother can be seen as negative. They are family after all.

It's not that she isn't in college specifically, it's that she isn't really working on anything (trade, a job) except planning her wedding. Again, it could be because I'm in a bad mood tonight, but seeing her standing on the side of the highway in the middle of the day because she has nothing else to do at the age of nineteen elicited an eye roll in me.

Archived