IGNORED

Bates Updates

BirthingGodsWarriors

I hope Erin repaid the loan from Lawson with the earnings from music lessons.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope Erin repaid the loan from Lawson with the earnings from music lessons.

I hope so too, but even more I hope that Lawson decides to make his escape and tell them no mo' money.

I hope so too, but even more I hope that Lawson decides to make his escape and tell them no mo' money.

The Bank of Lawson definitely needs to close its doors.

The Bank of Lawson definitely needs to close its doors.

That Gil and Kelly rely on their son's income has always grated on me. Gil has found multiple ways to grift off people but the fact he relies on his own offspring while publishing a book on how to support a large family without a regular income is particularly offputting. They make it sound like Lawson is so generous and maybe he is, but the fact that he's under their own roof plus Lawson's upbringing doesn't make it easy for him to say no, whether he realizes it or not.

And while Gil is older now and no doubt the tree cutting business is strenuous work, he's not in bad shape for his age and he's been grifting for some years now, even when he was younger.

How is it that unmarried, unengaged, un"courting", un-getting to know each other phase, "child" Lawson is even allowed to have an Instagram account? I mean, other than the fact that he's an almost 22 year old grown ass adult who from the sounds of it could afford to move out on his own and tell his parents to suck a brick if he felt so inclined? Assuming his lawn care business is still doing well, that is. And yeah, I'll join the outrage on his behalf at not a single mention in that blog post about how HE helped contribute to Erin's college education. I don't think there's anything wrong with a sibling helping out financially like that, even if he just gifted the money and never expect to be repaid, BUT IT SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST BEEN MENTIONED.

Fuck these lying liars who lie.

How is it that unmarried, unengaged, un"courting", un-getting to know each other phase, "child" Lawson is even allowed to have an Instagram account? I mean, other than the fact that he's an almost 22 year old grown ass adult who from the sounds of it could afford to move out on his own and tell his parents to suck a brick if he felt so inclined? Assuming his lawn care business is still doing well, that is. And yeah, I'll join the outrage on his behalf at not a single mention in that blog post about how HE helped contribute to Erin's college education. I don't think there's anything wrong with a sibling helping out financially like that, even if he just gifted the money and never expect to be repaid, BUT IT SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST BEEN MENTIONED.

Fuck these lying liars who lie.

:naughty: Oh, but they're NOT lying. They're simply neglecting to include "possibly relevant" information. Which is not lying. Apparently.

I bet when Carlin reaches courting age, she will have a lot of fundie young men seeking to court her. She's very pretty. Plus, the Bateses are fundie royalty now that Gil is on the IBLP Board of Directors, and her sisters are married to, engaged to, and courting fundie royalty.

Having said all of that, I still thing the Bateses are just as bad as the Duggars. That "aw shucks" southern mannerisms don't fool me for an instant. I'm southern, and there is nothing genuine about them at all.

looks like they told everyone to wear red, white, grey or black.good and not too matchy.

for preventing uti's...you can also take cranberry capsules/tablets every day,if you don't like the juice.I had one back in Jan.,and I've been taking one from walgreen's that also has vit c and a probiotic in it.that's also supposed to help with immunity as well.I found it at drugstore.com.

Looks like Erin's hips have gotten wider since marriage. She looks great. I don't have a problem with her flip flops because she's wearing a plain, black dress. Hope she is feeling better and looks like she graduated with honors. So I guess Kelly's home school must be pretty good.

Ok let's talk about that picture. What the heck was going on?? I few people actually look pissed or disturbed about something. Alyssa has a half ass smile and Jon doesn't have his trademark "doofus" smile. Zack is not looking right. Michael and Erin look like they have extreme PMS! Whose the lil chick sitting beside Kelly? She does not look happy. Hope they all took another pic...DAMN :shifty-kitty:

Looks like Erin's hips have gotten wider since marriage. She looks great. I don't have a problem with her flip flops because she's wearing a plain, black dress. Hope she is feeling better and looks like she graduated with honors. So I guess Kelly's home school must be pretty good.

Ok let's talk about that picture. What the heck was going on?? I few people actually look pissed or disturbed about something. Alyssa has a half ass smile and Jon doesn't have his trademark "doofus" smile. Zack is not looking right. Michael and Erin look like they have extreme PMS! Whose the lil chick sitting beside Kelly? She does not look happy. Hope they all took another pic...DAMN :shifty-kitty:

That was just a picture they took while they were preparing to take the actual picture, they aren't in the right positions with their fake fundie smiles plastered on yet.

I hope that someday, somehow a Bates child will go to an actual accredited university. Gil and Kelly went to one, so you'd think that they realize that an MRS degree in ministry is worthless.

I think that Lawson has an Instagram account because he has an album coming out and they realize that it is a way to keep the fan base engaged. I doubt he controls the account, it's probably one of his sisters using it, to make sure he's not defrauded. I can't imagine a single, adult male posting that many pictures of his toddler siblings. Even a fundie.

I think Kelly said something about ABC taping it. So, no, I doubt there will be a live feed. I think we found the first pics from Erin and Zach's weddings at the Bates fan page on FB. This one sounds like it's going to be even bigger than Erin's, so I imagine there will be tons of pics.

Smuggar and/or the Duggar girls might have some reception shots, but they are too savvy (I think) to post pics of the actual ceremony if they know it's being filmed. I know we got plenty of pics from Smuggar at Erin's reception, so those might be a couple places to look for pics.

Do we know why ABC is taping it? What reason would they have to be interested and what program would they air the footage on?

Do we know why ABC is taping it? What reason would they have to be interested and what program would they air the footage on?

Perhaps ABC (or one of its other subsidary channels) is picking up the Bate's TV show. It may start with a special about this wedding, then continue to follow their family based on ratings. Possibly could air on ABC or ABC family?

I think Kelly said something about ABC taping it. So, no, I doubt there will be a live feed. I think we found the first pics from Erin and Zach's weddings at the Bates fan page on FB. This one sounds like it's going to be even bigger than Erin's, so I imagine there will be tons of pics.

Smuggar and/or the Duggar girls might have some reception shots, but they are too savvy (I think) to post pics of the actual ceremony if they know it's being filmed. I know we got plenty of pics from Smuggar at Erin's reception, so those might be a couple places to look for pics.

It took a couple of hours, but we got pretty good coverage of Erin's wedding from various instagram photos I thought.

I've been hoping the same happens with Alyssa's. I love a good fundie wedding watch like nothing else!

ABC is filming because Juju Chang loves them. She has visited them quite a few times, even filmed/followed them for 7 months I think. Just google The Bates Family ABC and a ton of stuff will come up. Plus they had a whole episode of ABC Primetime Nightline: "My Extra(Ordinary) Family: Bates' 18 Kids" (which is a available online).

Perhaps ABC (or one of its other subsidary channels) is picking up the Bate's TV show. It may start with a special about this wedding, then continue to follow their family based on ratings. Possibly could air on ABC or ABC family?

They've been involved with ABC before. IIRC, it was ABC who filmed something with Zach and Sarah Reith. I don't watch much tv, so I never saw it on there, but it seemed like it was an internet thing. They did post it to their news site.

Could this be the official family portrait? They're certainly all in red/grey/black, although John and Brandon are missing. Found on the Bates fan page on Facebook:

1384146_498902820215601_5498014600829793962_n.jpg

Or maybe they just retook again? They're certainly going to be retaking those photos many times over as the spouse count grows and grows...

Shouldn't the text read "WE are pro family"?

I was thinking it was for Zach's campaign, hence the 'I'. He ran on a platform saying he was 'pro-family.' As opposed to, you know, all the other politicians that are anti-family.

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking at Lawson's Instagram and there is a picture of him in a wheat field with his guitar case and a picture of him standing with Whitney and Zach and he looks like he is starting to gain some weight in his face like older brother Zach.

I was looking at Lawson's IG pics and I must say that Trace is now pretty attractive. I always thought he looks like Zach but in the recent pics he is quite handsome.

Archived