IGNORED

19 Kids & Courting - Duggar Snark for Season 8

happy atheist

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome back to season 8 of 19 kids and still trying... This season is brought to you by vast amounts of zofran, aleve, and cipro. Sorry I've been absent for so long, its been a tough year healthwise but I'll whip out all the prescriptions to ensure that no squicky Duggar shit goes unsnarked.

Here we go....

Michelle opens with a TH that while she loves how things are she knows they cant stay the same. Courtships, marriages, and BABEEZ! Shots of Bessa and side hugs. Kids eat cake, sing badly for a "talent show." Anna goes skiing. Boob says something about it being normal to have kids and grandkids the same age. Michelle gets bloodwork cuz she's still trying to get pregnant.

Joshie talks to Ben at the gym. Jill says she's in love with someone she's never met...

Michelle says its a very exciting time, they introduce Ben more formally. Boob says its different than Josh because maybe she's a girl. Boob says that the daughters send boys to boob to build a relationship with him first. Michelle babbles about courtship being part of life and courtship helps them to get to know eachother.

The duggars have a communicator at the gate. There is a halloween type thing hanging on the door.

Boob lets boob in the house. BEN GET A TH! He's the oldest of 7. Boob takes michelle to "talk to Ben. Ben is going to college... Parents take him into the mail room. Michelle looks like shes going to puke. Ben asks for permission to court. Michelle holds Boobs hand. Michelle says she "appreciate him"... something is cut out. Jessa is brought into the room. Boob is sitting, filming on his iphone or playing angry birds... dunno.

Ben says he's been praying and asks to court her. He has a styrofoam cup in his hand. Michelle side hugs Jessa. Boob gives permission to side hug him for 30 seconds. Boob explains what a side hug is, as opposed to a "full hug" where you push against eachother. They all pray. Michelle's hair looks like she hit the gel hard.

Michelle TH - they are working towards, lord willing, marriage. Flashback to baby pictures. Jessa was strong willed. Shots from 14 kids and prego... 19 kids... Jessa saying the boys are weirdos. Michelle says she isnt emotional. Jill says she's loyal.

Ben is 5'11 "tall dark and handsome." They were supposed to write a list of what they wanted in a future spouse....

Ben gathers the family, cup in hand.... and tells them that they are officially courting. The family claps. Jessa says they are bringing out the best. For some reason Michelle and Josie come stand up there. Hannie clings to Jessa...

Ben TH says that he has to make sure he doesnt hurt anyones feelings.

She said they made this list at the ages of 13 or 14. Nobody at that age is mature enough to even understand the workings of a relationship. These people......Ugh! So stupid! :pull-hair:

Observations

-JB suggests they put off marriage for 4 or 5 years

-JB suggests Ben join the military (I thought they were opposed)

-Ben fixes windshields for a living

-Ben isn't as arrogant as I thought he be, and he was very nervous in front of the cameras/family, so much stuttering!

Wait, I thought courtship was only allowed when they're ready to get married very soon? In the interview this afternoon the girls said if you're not looking to marry immediately you shouldn't enter a relationship.

Oh Jessa has some CUTE dresses. I kind of wish I knew where she bought them. I like that mustard-colored cardigan too.

I'm so glad they've moved past the frumper stage. The oldest girls always look lovely now (even if they dress inappropriately for their environment sometimes.)

JD says they're "good at their job because Jana is 24 and still not married.

What a shitty thing to say.

You're right, he looks as if he has lost weight. Good for him.

It's all the sweet followship he's been having with Mullet. :brain-bleach:

Part 3

TH - kids were excited, they knew it was going to happen. Jinger was clueless.

Back at the house, random dogs outside. Michelle washes josies hair at the dining room table. Boob comes over and kisses Michelle. They're going to hot springs to visit ben's family. Boob will miss her. Michelle makes it all about her - Jessa wont be there... blah blah... season of life... emotions... just trying to do today and now.

The girls help her pack. Jessa says packing was special. In the next 5 years they'll be gone, married, SHE SAYS COLLEGE "or whatever" Jinger cries.

They talk about how it wont go in order because there are so many of them. Jessa says it will be hardest on Jinger because they're best friends. Jessa wears a dress that shows her defrauding shoulders.

Jinger TH - exvited but sad. The bag she's packing has a star of david on it. Joy looks bored in the back.

Jessa says its an adjustment because she used to spend nights talking to her sisters but not she talks to ben

Off to the airport... JD flies them. Michelle says she has to focus on not puking.

Ben is waiting at the airport. They're 45 minutes late (shocker). They greet and sidehug. JD flies back home. Ben carries the bags. Michelle sits in the middle of the car so they wouldnt touch.

Jessa says it "wasnt too awkward"

Off they go... Michelle says they appreciate what his family had to do to get ready for them coming to visit... random...

Would it have killed Ben to bring Jessa some flowers when he came to ask about courting her? Really, Ben? Clearly, he's way too young to realize things like this.

I'm going to go with he didn't realize they were going to do a staged version of the asking to court. I'm sure the conversations actually happened in private long before the cameras started documenting things.

What a shitty thing to say.

Amen. What an ass. Runs in the male Duggar line, it appears.

Observations on part 2

-John David is very proud as a brother that he's scared men off and that Janas 24 and still single

-Ben is so awkward, poor kid

-Jessa admits to be a terrible cook and doesn't care to improve it, she's warned Ben

-handholding is a very confusing thing....they do it for prayer, but it's defrauding between couples

Ben is awkward, but John David is even more awkward -- and he's had half his life to get used to the cameras.

Ben is a young guy whose shy and awkward about his first relationship. It shows. But I think it's normal, you've got to appreciate how romantic the Bates intendeds are.

It's all the sweet followship he's been having with Mullet. :brain-bleach:

Aw fuck, why you gotta go there? :disgust: Pass some of that brain bleach!

And Ben's mom with that ridiculous spelling of Gwen. Christ almighty.

Almost had a heart attack when I saw the SR-22. That's a lot of plane for a pilot without a lot of experience. I'm assuming JD is still a student pilot and was flying with an instructor. Even if he has a private pilot's license, I'm glad he was flying with another pilot.

Why would the Seewald's leave their children with Michelle? They'd be better off leaving one of their oldest daughters in charge.

Mullet is watching someone else's children? She doesn't even take care of her own.

Boob you're an ass... Do you have kids eat free? Cheap ass SOB. Buy used & save the difference.

Damn it. Why does this have to air on Tuesdays. If this was a Wednesday night I could tune in without fear of serious judgment from my roommate. He already gives me such a hard time for being so against the Duggar parents yet talking about the Duggars all the time. Haha

They'll probably let a son try college before a daughter. Perhaps Josiah will get to try the local community college or the University of Arkansas or at least a nearby Christian college.

There are plenty of schools to choose from that are close to the Duggar compound. John Brown University and Ecclessia College are right here. Both are religious schools. Ecclessia seems to be more like Bob Jones U...a perfect place for sheltered fundies. There is the U of A and Northwest AR community college on the secular side. And for vocational trades Northwest Technical Institute is on the East Side of Springdale.

Plenty of educational opportunity right here at home...but Jim Bob needs to park that damn monster bus September - May each year.

Mullet is watching someone else's children? She doesn't even take care of her own.

Boob you're an ass... Do you have kids eat free? Cheap ass SOB. Buy used & save the difference.

JD: "Ben is this guy that I guess Jessa is in love with." There is something wrong with that man-child. I don't think he's merely shy. I think he's "slow."

Jackson: Has a crush on Ben. He's a great guy he's handsome, and he smells good. Jackson wants to smell like him

Jeremiah: I'm liking this kid more and more. He's funny.

Archived