IGNORED

19 Kids & Courting - Duggar Snark for Season 8

happy atheist

In the Today show article, it says (about Jessa and Ben)

"The couple is allowed to talk on the phone privately for an hour each night."

I'm SOOOO happy they are "allowed" to do that. I think they REALLY need that time if they want to seriously consider marriage.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just getting sent to a whole heap (like over half a dozen at once) of ad sites as soon as I click the link

It works fine for me. Do you have a pop-up/ add-blocker?

What do you mean 'called in a favour'? "Hey Derick, I've been such a great prayer partner for you for a while now, so would you mind just marrying my daughter? Thanks." Somehow I don't think so. :P

Charles Stanley is a famous Southern Baptist minister in Atlanta. He is very conservative, but mainstream. Gothard would consider him to be too liberal. Stanley also got a very public divorce from his wife of more than 40 years some time back and is on the outs with his son, so I'm surprised that the Duggars still like him.

That was the episode where Jason fell in the orchestra pit and Mullet stood there and grinned like an idiot.

That was the episode where Jason fell in the orchestra pit and Mullet stood there and grinned like an idiot.

And took pictures. Always have to have pictures of your kid who just run teeth through his lower lip and had to have his jaw wired shut.

The previews before commercial break showed JD, Jill and Jana training for volunteer fire dept and the local FD setting an abandoned structure on Duggar property to train them. No mention of an orchestra pit. Was this Dr Pastor guy in more than one episode?

Okay, I don't really watch a lot of the Duggars as there's only so much I can take, but I'm watching the repeat shows in advance of the premiere and oh my God, they literally made an episode about Anna going to the store to get ready for company and the Duggars having a yard sale. The boredom is strong with this one.

Also, seeing a little bit of the previous episode, something about Erin Bates' voice drives me up the wall. I know I've seen video of her before, but that might have been her singing, not talking.

The previews before commercial break showed JD, Jill and Jana training for volunteer fire dept and the local FD setting an abandoned structure on Duggar property to train them. No mention of an orchestra pit. Was this Dr Pastor guy in more than one episode?

I honestly think they are different episodes. Charles Stanley comes to the TTH for some TTC and that's near the end of the episode. During another episode they talk about him coming and he invites the Duggars to visit his church. Then the orchestra pit debacle happens, they go to the church next morning, and then they go to a lake for some fun out on the water.

I WISH they would send Joy to a normal high school. She would probably kickass at softball and thrive in the competitive environment.

She's a big girl (I'm not saying she's fat, she looks STRONG) and I bet she could really hit and throw a mean pitch.

I WISH they would send Joy to a normal high school. She would probably kickass at softball and thrive in the competitive environment.

She's a big girl (I'm not saying she's fat, she looks STRONG) and I bet she could really hit and throw a mean pitch.

I agree. She has muscle, probably from running with the howlers for all those years. I bet she would be a great athlete.

I honestly think they are different episodes. Charles Stanley comes to the TTH for some TTC and that's near the end of the episode. During another episode they talk about him coming and he invites the Duggars to visit his church. Then the orchestra pit debacle happens, they go to the church next morning, and then they go to a lake for some fun out on the water.

Thanks! Yah the episode I saw STARTED with the Pastor and Mullet hoping he liked TTC for his first time at the TTHM

I doubt it's a real college, probably College Minus. I think even Crown College would be too much for Dim Bulb. I firmly believe that a great deal of his objection to education is the fact that he got burned in school (maybe teased by smart kids) and he doesn't want to feel like he isn't the smartest one in the house.

For all the publicity about College Minus, not one of the Duggar kids (or the Bates as far as I can tell) have actually completed a degree. The J'slaves even had their coach living with them for a few months at the beginning. But its been great marketing for Cminus...

It seems like College Minus has fallen by the wayside. I wonder if they ditched it when VF went down in flames. CM was highly endorsed by the Tool; if he wasn't directly involved, he was closely tied to those who were.

Of course, CM could have cut ties with VF, but no one has done that research to find out where they stand. All I know is that we don't see the older Duggar daughters studying anything anymore other than Jill and her midwifery.

As for Joy, she's not even that big. Her sisters are all stick thin; their collarbones are movie-star prominent, like Keira Knightley prominent. I personally think they could all stand to GAIN about 5-10 lbs.

In one of the interviews that went up today didn't Jessa say she'd put studying on the back burner for the moment?

That would only make sense if she was officially engaged and planning her wedding. Even Erin Bates returned to school after her wedding.

So there's my totally unscientific conclusion regarding Jessa's current pre-marital status. :D

It seems like College Minus has fallen by the wayside. I wonder if they ditched it when VF went down in flames. CM was highly endorsed by the Tool; if he wasn't directly involved, he was closely tied to those who were.

Of course, CM could have cut ties with VF, but no one has done that research to find out where they stand. All I know is that we don't see the older Duggar daughters studying anything anymore other than Jill and her midwifery.

As for Joy, she's not even that big. Her sisters are all stick thin; their collarbones are movie-star prominent, like Keira Knightley prominent. I personally think they could all stand to GAIN about 5-10 lbs.

Big can be such a loaded word when we(in a general sense) talk about a girl or woman's body size; it can have negative connotations even if it's not meant to have them. I didn't mean it in that way, I'm sorry for giving that impression. Joy isn't anywhere near being large or overweight, she is just more muscular and seems to have been "blessed" shape-wise.

They have not 'ditched' CM. Not sure where they stand exactly, since I don't see the kids actually getting anywhere with it, but last I knew they were still enrolled (as in the last year). Would LOVE to know about the CM connections VF. I know in the past the CM interns and VF interns had an annual soccer match, CM people attended BCA...

I didn't take Joy's weight to be a negative at all. I think she looks great. The camera adds 10 lbs. It's her sisters in their semi-baggy clothing who I think are UNDERweight! Despite all the layers, they are just soooo thin. We know Jana was shipped off to Weight Watchers when she was 16, and she's never been overweight. The standards for Gothard women to be "slender" seem to be quite strict!

Why am I so embarrassed to be watching this episode? It is just awkward... I don't know if it is more so for the viewers or Jessa and Ben...

Archived