IGNORED

19 Kids & Courting - Duggar Snark for Season 8

happy atheist

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't get over that he was 18 and they'd been texting for 5 months and "close friends" for one month. Yikes!

Also, I thought women in his family wore pants but in the (awkward) group shot of them from what I could see they all had skirts on.

Welcome back to season 8 of 19 kids and still trying... This season is brought to you by vast amounts of zofran, aleve, and cipro. Sorry I've been absent for so long, its been a tough year healthwise but I'll whip out all the prescriptions to ensure that no squicky Duggar shit goes unsnarked.

Here we go....

Michelle opens with a TH that while she loves how things are she knows they cant stay the same. Courtships, marriages, and BABEEZ! Shots of Bessa and side hugs. Kids eat cake, sing badly for a "talent show." Anna goes skiing. Boob says something about it being normal to have kids and grandkids the same age. Michelle gets bloodwork cuz she's still trying to get pregnant.

Joshie talks to Ben at the gym. Jill says she's in love with someone she's never met...

Michelle says its a very exciting time, they introduce Ben more formally. Boob says its different than Josh because maybe she's a girl. Boob says that the daughters send boys to boob to build a relationship with him first. Michelle babbles about courtship being part of life and courtship helps them to get to know eachother.

The duggars have a communicator at the gate. There is a halloween type thing hanging on the door.

Boob lets boob in the house. BEN GET A TH! He's the oldest of 7. Boob takes michelle to "talk to Ben. Ben is going to college... Parents take him into the mail room. Michelle looks like shes going to puke. Ben asks for permission to court. Michelle holds Boobs hand. Michelle says she "appreciate him"... something is cut out. Jessa is brought into the room. Boob is sitting, filming on his iphone or playing angry birds... dunno.

Ben says he's been praying and asks to court her. He has a styrofoam cup in his hand. Michelle side hugs Jessa. Boob gives permission to side hug him for 30 seconds. Boob explains what a side hug is, as opposed to a "full hug" where you push against eachother. They all pray. Michelle's hair looks like she hit the gel hard.

Michelle TH - they are working towards, lord willing, marriage. Flashback to baby pictures. Jessa was strong willed. Shots from 14 kids and prego... 19 kids... Jessa saying the boys are weirdos. Michelle says she isnt emotional. Jill says she's loyal.

Ben is 5'11 "tall dark and handsome." They were supposed to write a list of what they wanted in a future spouse....

Ben gathers the family, cup in hand.... and tells them that they are officially courting. The family claps. Jessa says they are bringing out the best. For some reason Michelle and Josie come stand up there. Hannie clings to Jessa...

Ben TH says that he has to make sure he doesnt hurt anyones feelings.

Observations

-JB suggests they put off marriage for 4 or 5 years

-JB suggests Ben join the military (I thought they were opposed)

-Ben fixes windshields for a living

-Ben isn't as arrogant as I thought he be, and he was very nervous in front of the cameras/family, so much stuttering!

OMG poor Ben. Haha, oh this poor kid. So awkward and nervous. Actually I'm surprised, my opinion of him totally changed actually watching him. He's nicer than Jessa (that's not an insult to Jessa, I like that she's not the stereotypical sweet fundie gal) and he was SO nervous. Wow.

Jinger has the most amazing facial expressions. Rivaled only by Joy.

Apparently Jessa is not very romantic or emotional so I'm guessing the closet courtship proposal was a-ok by her. (I'm the same way and I'd 100% rather a closet proposal like that than these insane things the Bateses do)

That was one of the most awkward things ever. Since it was most likely staged I thought Ben would be a little more eloquent. Also, why does Ben get to tell Jessa's family that SHE is courting?

Okay, I'm watching right now. That closet courtship approval scene was AWKWARD, but Jessa's face lit up like a Christmas tree right before she went to hug him. He seems super awkward in front of the camera, I don't think he's a smug douche after all, I think he's just painfully shy and socially awkward. He's stuttering and stammering in every shot.

Ben reminds me a lot of my husband before I started dating him. I thought he was an ASSHOLE with a capital A. Then I realized that he was just insanely shy, and thus ended up saying the worst thing possible at the worst time possible because he was so nervous to talk.

Ben does not strike me as the brightest crayon in the box....maybe because he's just 18 or something...but the boy is just not impressing me with his talking.

I like how they're supposed to court to guard their hearts and not rush into marriage and at dinner Boob was all "hopefully we have a new member of the family here!" or whatever.

JESUS Jim-Bob! Could you make someone anymore nervous?!? Before dinner Jim-Bob was gonna have Michelle pray, but then got this shit eating grin on his face an was like "NO, LET'S HAVE BEN DO IT". Then it was "NAME ALL THE HOWLERS IN ORDER!"

Dance monkey, dance!

Is it just me or did Ben forget to mention Joy?

He said her name, they panned to a shot of her face when they did it.

Part 2

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Michelle TH - courting is prep for marriage

All the kids spew indoctrination. If the courting isnt who god wants you can stop the courting.

Ben sidehugs and goes off to clear out a tree that for some reason John knocked down. Boob says its important to work with them to see their ethic. Boob thinks ben can be intimidated by him and the brothers, but its good for him.

JD says its his job to "watch out" for his sisters - no weirdos.

Jessa is the first "one" he's courted.

JD says they're "good at their job because Jana is 24 and still not married.

While the boys cut trees, the wimminz work. Jessa says she needs practice cooking. Michelle she now has motivation to learn. :hand:

Michelle told her to make dinner every day so she can get experience. Jessa says she told him that she's a bad cook and he's forewarned. Theyre making some type of sauteed peppers and who knows what meat.

Johanna is doing TH with grandma. They like him

Back outside, ben feels bad because he almost hit boob with a branch.

JD will have more "projects" before its done.

Boob has everyone stand in a line and hold hands.

Michelles rules:

No kissing or hand holding

always chaperoned

always hands off

NO physically getting to know eachother, just spiritually.

Ben says a prayer that theres a TH over... what, it sucked? I cant hear what he prays about.

DInner time! Styrofoam and plastic utensils for everyone! They watch him eat. They have to make sure he doesnt "smack or talk with his mouth full." He is then forced to name all the kids in order. :angry-banghead: :wtf:

He cant tell the younger ones apart but finally does. They all clap. I still cant figure out what they're eating.

Observations on part 2

-John David is very proud as a brother that he's scared men off and that Janas 24 and still single

-Ben is so awkward, poor kid

-Jessa admits to be a terrible cook and doesn't care to improve it, she's warned Ben

-handholding is a very confusing thing....they do it for prayer, but it's defrauding between couples

That was one of the most awkward things ever. Since it was most likely staged I thought Ben would be a little more eloquent. Also, why does Ben get to tell Jessa's family that SHE is courting?

Because PENIS!

Would it have killed Ben to bring Jessa some flowers when he came to ask about courting her? Really, Ben? Clearly, he's way too young to realize things like this.

Boob looks like he's lost some weight.

You're right, he looks as if he has lost weight. Good for him.

Archived