IGNORED

19 Kids & Courting - Duggar Snark for Season 8

happy atheist

being in australia, the only access i have to episodes is from a youtuber who sits in front of their tv and records the show with their camera.

if anyone would like to upload the show directly somewhere... that'd be awesome ;)

Yessss :dance:

The one good thing about not being in North America is, by the time it gets uploaded I'll be awake after sleeping... Previous seasons, when I was in North America, I'd have to wait a day after it aired and that was *torture* (Like, more torture than watching the show sometimes!)

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the zap2it clip, Jessa mentioned college.. is one of the "girls" actually trying to go to a brick and mortar school? Jinger seems happy for her sister and a little sad at the same time-definitely bittersweet. I hope they are able to maintain a close friendship once the dust settles from the big life change on the horizon. Jessa seems really reserved and not crazy in love with Ben in the pics circulating on the internet, but she seemed really excited to be getting ready to see him. Maybe we will see some chemistry on the show...

I'm really not interested in seeing the Smuggar family this season, pregnancy or not. I hope they aren't a huge part of the storyline.

I doubt it's a real college, probably College Minus. I think even Crown College would be too much for Dim Bulb. I firmly believe that a great deal of his objection to education is the fact that he got burned in school (maybe teased by smart kids) and he doesn't want to feel like he isn't the smartest one in the house.

Please don't say "just nursing or education." Both are honorable professions.

I'm pretty sure the just is in reference to their cultures limitations not that nursing/education are unsatisfactory. Similar comments are made about how fundies allow their daughter just to be SAHMs and the majority of us don't have a problem with a stay at hone mom. I think the poster is saying their choices will be limited for them, not that their options are inherently lesser.

same here, from germany. maybe upload somewhere else? that would be great ;)

Same here, also! Also from Germany and would really like to see it. :D

She has power over her headship-to-be ^^

Yeah, I thought that was great. I also thought they looked pretty comfortable and natural together in that clip, so hopefully they'll do well.

I doubt it's a real college, probably College Minus. I think even Crown College would be too much for Dim Bulb. I firmly believe that a great deal of his objection to education is the fact that he got burned in school (maybe teased by smart kids) and he doesn't want to feel like he isn't the smartest one in the house.

That train left the station decades ago. He'll NEVER be the smartest one in the house.

Please don't say "just nursing or education." Both are honorable professions.

Given the fact that my original intentions in university were to become a teacher, and my recent graduation from nursing school, let me assure you that I respect both professions highly.

We're talking about those probably being the only viable options for an ATI girl in a patriarchal movement should she choose and be allowed to pursue post secondary education. We're talking about education in the context of christian fundamentalism, not the real world. That you would assume I look down on those professions is boggling actually.

How many fundies are going to be making Tatar Tot Casserole for supper and eating pickles while watching the show tonight? lol

Given the fact that my original intentions in university were to become a teacher, and my recent graduation from nursing school, let me assure you that I respect both professions highly.

We're talking about those probably being the only viable options for an ATI girl in a patriarchal movement should she choose and be allowed to pursue post secondary education. We're talking about education in the context of christian fundamentalism, not the real world. That you would assume I look down on those professions is boggling actually.

It was the placement of the word "just" before nursing or education that caught my eye, since it is often used to mean "only" or "merely."

Thanks for the clarification, and congratulations on becoming a nurse; that is indeed a very challenging, and serious, profession.

Someone would assume you look down on those professions because you phrased it like you look down on those professions. :roll:

Regardless of your intent, when someone uses the term " just" regarding a career, educational goal, housing, lifestyle choice, etc, it is generally read as being a lesser choice. If you meant to say that Joy might have to pursue careers that weren't her first choice, but were the options that are considered appropriate by her family, than say that.

Or just accept you messed up on the phrasing. No big deal, but why get offended if you phrased something wrong?

Ok, you've convinced me... Blessa is going to marry Ben, but I think she does NOT look comfotable together with him... he may have a godly character, but if a guy doesn't make you feel good, don't marry him. Of course it may be akwardness/shyness... but the contrast to how radiant Jill is noticable. And Ben seems smug.

She has power over her headship-to-be ^^

Of course she will lead him! He's a kid, no education, barely any work experience....however, he is her ticket outta there!

Stock up on hairspray and pickles - the new season is upon us.

Alternately, grab your favorite adult beverage and the rules for the Duggars Drinking Game, and prepare for alcohol poisoning!

Buzzard has promised to recap again this season! :dance:

Yay Buzzard! Your recaps were far, far better than the actual shows. Sorry you have to sacrifice so many brain cells on our behalf...

I noticed that the language used by the website featuring this clip is something like courtship rules are more restrictive than most teenagers usually face - totally whitewashing the fact that the couple in question are no longer teenagers and haven't been for several years.

Well, Ben is still technically a teenager but for the rest of them, yeah, we're dealing with grown adults here. I noticed on the Today show link from another thread, they listed Jessa as only 20 years old, yet again, despite the fact that that grown woman has been 21 for nearly five months. I suppose they could be going by her age when the episodes that are set to air were filmed, but eventually they need to acknowledge the fact that she is indeed two and a half years older than manboy Ben.

So leading up to tonight's much awaited Season 8 premiere (sarcastic) TLC has honored their viewers with Duggar re-runs all day. I happened to catch a bit of one this morning before work that I haven't seen where Pastor Dr. Charles Stanley (or something like that comes to visit). HOLY SHIT! I have never seen Mullet have such a panty splash over someone! I'm like DAMN who is this guy??!! Must be a big shot in fundie land? Anyone know if he is part of the Got hard thing?!

Poor Joy is so bored with the whole ordeal. Maybe college for Joy?

Send her to high school. She would fit right in. Maybe even join a few sports. After graduation she can go on to college out of state and major in something non fundie

I'm not entirely sure, but I think in about half an hour? I'm watching right now, and they're showing last season's episodes.

Exactly 2 hours and 17 minutes from this time you see on my post

Thankyou! What time? Or better still, how many hours from now, so I don't have to work out time differences.

So leading up to tonight's much awaited Season 8 premiere (sarcastic) TLC has honored their viewers with Duggar re-runs all day. I happened to catch a bit of one this morning before work that I haven't seen where Pastor Dr. Charles Stanley (or something like that comes to visit). HOLY SHIT! I have never seen Mullet have such a panty splash over someone! I'm like DAMN who is this guy??!! Must be a big shot in fundie land? Anyone know if he is part of the Got hard thing?!

Charles Stanley is a famous Southern Baptist minister in Atlanta. He is very conservative, but mainstream. Gothard would consider him to be too liberal. Stanley also got a very public divorce from his wife of more than 40 years some time back and is on the outs with his son, so I'm surprised that the Duggars still like him.

Archived