IGNORED

19 Kids & Courting - Duggar Snark for Season 8

happy atheist

Part 4

editorial note:

this is the most boring episode ever. I'm NEVER caught up live... theres just nothing to write about... this shit is awful.

More TH with the kids. Jinger says he's amazing and quiet. Hannie says he smells good. Howler says he wants to buy some of his cologne.

At the house, Ma seewald hugs. Daddy names his kids. All the girls are wearing long skirts.

They're excited that they are courting. They know Jessa through ben and want to get to know her as well. The sisters say they are a "perfect little couple" and opposites attract. There is a random box of apples on the table and a crazy amount of fruit everywhere. Huge flat screen on the wall. J'chelle watches the seewald kids while they go out for dinner.

Boob is home with the kids. Josie goes with him to wake up jordyn, who's asleep in the nest o love. Jordyn doesnt look like she wants to get up. Boob chastises Jennifer? for wearing a dress too short. Boob says its hard getting them dressed without michelle. They fuck with josie's hair and she doesnt like it.

Boob takes them to a pizza place where kids eat free "The mad pizza company" - one per adult. He counts 10 adults (12 and above) and 6 kids. $87.49 feeds the brood. The choice was pizza or BBQ tuna. Boob says its the best pizza he's ever had. Boob asks them what they think of ben. Hannie says he's handsome. Jordyn doesnt want Jessa to get married. Jennie says she doesnt want to get married because she doesnt like Kids?

Poor Jordyn. Doesn't even know her real mom. Jessa is the only mom she knows. And Jb for $90 you could make pizza at home for less

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My observations on tonight:

Ben's sister Danielle is drop dead gorgeous. Ben has an aunt who wears as much makeup as some of the drag queens I know. The Seewald family photo with all the women wearing skirts seemed staged.

My heart breaks for Jenny. JimBoob says that she'll change her mind about marriage when she gets older (or when the indoctrination breaks her). Clearly the indoctrination hasn't completely worked on Joy either. Joy is old enough to have adult 'urges' and she still doesn't seem keen on marriage. Free the J'girls! There are options out there other than marriage and babies!

JD talking about Jana not being married at 24- How insensitive. Speaking of Jana, she didn't seem to be on camera much.

I thought Ben got the birth order of the boy twins mixed up. Speaking of the boy twins, they seem to be the best looking grown Duggar males (if 15 counts as adulthood).

Jessa referred to Ben as 'tall dark and handsome'. I immediately found myself saying 'more like tall DORK and handsome.'

Both Hannie and Jackson have crushes on Ben. I wonder what cologne Ben wears?

So if they hadn't intended on going public until there was an engagement, does that mean that Jessa won't be able to back out now that it's all on camera? I mean, I would think the reason they wouldn't want to film would be so that if it doesn't work out answer awkward questions about whether Jessa gave pieces of her heart away or how exactly what she did wasn't dating. But if they are filming, does "trap" her with Ben?

It pretty much would've had to have been staged because the camera crew isn't just hanging out there 24/7. But it may have been staged between Ben and the parents without Jessa or the other girls knowing beforehand. Or more likely Ben called up and said, "Mr. Duggar I'd like to court your daughter Jessa." And Jim Bob said, "Well you'd better come over to talk to us in person." And then he called up the film crew.

I think this is the likely scenario. Jessa seemed surprised when he wanted to make it "official." He really likes that word... My opinion of Ben changed-he seems like a nice kid. My husband and I have a similar dynamic:he is the one that worries a little too much about feelings and I can be too straightforward-it works out pretty well. (Then again we didn't court and were allowed to figure this out as grown-ups.) If Ben would just stop being a forced-birther activist, I could actually grow to like him. When he nearly clobbered Jim Bob with a tree limb, I had to laugh.

Guest LilaFowler
My observations on tonight:

Ben's sister Danielle is drop dead gorgeous. Ben has an aunt who wears as much makeup as some of the drag queens I know. The Seewald family photo with all the women wearing skirts seemed staged.

My heart breaks for Jenny. JimBoob says that she'll change her mind about marriage when she gets older (or when the indoctrination breaks her). Clearly the indoctrination hasn't completely worked on Joy either. Joy is old enough to have adult 'urges' and she still doesn't seem keen on marriage. Free the J'girls! There are options out there other than marriage and babies!

JD talking about Jana not being married at 24- How insensitive. Speaking of Jana, she didn't seem to be on camera much.

I thought Ben got the birth order of the boy twins mixed up. Speaking of the boy twins, they seem to be the best looking grown Duggar males (if 15 counts as adulthood).

Jessa referred to Ben as 'tall dark and handsome'. I immediately found myself saying 'more like tall DORK and handsome.'

Both Hannie and Jackson have crushes on Ben. I wonder what cologne Ben wears?

I agree. Especially the dark-haired one.

I think that's the most I've heard both Jenny and John David speak.

Did anyone else notice at the 15 minute mark Ben and Jessa were on the couch talking and one of the little girls came up and "whispered" in her ear. During that scene they blurred out Jessa's knees. Thank you so much for not defrauding me Duggars!!!!!!1111111oneoneonethatshitwaslameashell :roll:

Part 4

...Jordyn doesnt want Jessa to get married. Jennie says she doesnt want to get married because she doesnt like Kids?

I thought she said (and then someone repeated) that she doesn't like to kiss.

I wanna say its Ed Hardy, but don't quote me. He lays it on kinda thick though. (We go to the same school, and if he passes you in the hall you smell it. I don't talk to him though so don't ask.)

Hannie was pretty cute when she was talking about how Ben smelled. :lol:

Jennifer said she didn't want to get married because she doesn't like to kiss. Joy-Anna said she's not sure she wants to get married because it seems like a lot of work. I didn't want to get married when I was her age, either. Not saying she'll change her mind, just that I'm glad she's not desperate to be married at 16. The little kids were hilarious. "Ben is REALLY cute. He's very HANDSOME. He smells so good! I gotta get some of that cologne." The boys and the girls were saying it.

I have to say, Jessa's attitude is growing on me. It's a refreshing change from the syrupy sweet nonsense from women like Michelle or Priscilla Waller or even Anna Duggar. Before this episode I was watching the flea market finale and Michelle was going on and on in her baby voice about how she just couldn't bear to give these things away because they were keepsakes. And Jessa just stood there saying, "NO. Nope, they're not. Not anymore! NOPE!"

I wanna say its Ed Hardy, but don't quote me. He lays it on kinda thick though. (We go to the same school, and if he passes you in the hall you smell it. I don't talk to him though so don't ask.)

This amuses me greatly. He's one of those guys, huh.

Good luck Jessa.

That's the most I've ever heard John David speak.

Too bad pretty much everything he said made him sound like a complete tool.

I believe he means reserved and not overly showy.

Sorry, I don't get the east coast feed any longer so I go on what y'all say. Although I don't know if anyone can really discern what this kid means after hearing him speak for about two minutes. Who knows what he really means? These fundies are not very forthcoming with non-likeminded people, and although we're very good at fundiespeak, I don't think we can ever have all the lingo down.

Not like that should be a surprise. It's not like any of the boys have quality men to look up to.

By the way, the description for the extremely mysterious episode 3 is out now. It's called 'Another Courtship?'

Another courtship may be on the horizon! The kids plan a surprise for their parents. In DC, Anna has her hands full taking care of the two boys, and Mackynzie. Jim Bob and Michelle make a decision that could change one of their daughters' lives.

Oh and if anyone wasn't watching, it's definitely about Jill and Derick. They were showing the preview clips from them in 'next time on etc.'

More episode descriptions from Wikipedia:

Episode 4 is a one hour episode called 'Wedding Bells'. No description, but it's Erin's wedding.

Episode 5 is ALSO a one hour episode called 'Graduation & a Surprise'. No description. I'm afraid.

That was a very boring episode. I thought Ben was going to be really smug, in reality I think he needs a confidence boost. Ben also kinda has creepy parents. :/ At what time do they post the ratings on TvbytheNumbers?

Hannie was pretty cute when she was talking about how Ben smelled. :lol:

Hannie was quite taken with the lad, but I thought it was Jackson who thought he smelled nice and was "cute". It's no wonder the younger boys have never let poor Jackson play in any Howler games.

I'd like to hear more from Joy and Jeremiah, although I suspect there's a reason we don't. She's clearly not drunk too much of the purple punch and he's always had a sort of snarky charm about him.

Aside from that, an incredibly awkward and dull episode. Maybe Jill's courtship is Boob's backup in case things fall apart with Jessa's. It really hard to imagine strong-willed Jessa (was Boob implying she was a bit bitchy with his "harsh" and "rough around the edges" comment?) married to such an awkward, immature boy with no apparent career prospects beyond what Jim Bob decides to create for him. Once the afterglow of her first puppy love fades, she'll tire of him in short order.

To me, he sounds developmentally disabled. Or, maybe he's just an oaf.

So awkward, I was feeling sorry for both of them. Not sure why Jim Bob needed to say that Jessa is harsh sometimes while Ben seems compassionate, and John referred to Jessa as opinionated...why weren't they complimenting her?

I liked the question Joseph asked Ben about whether he thinks he can support Jessa by repairing windshields. Of course TLC $$s will help, but it was still a good question.

Ben's pickup truck wasn't the best choice for getting Michelle and Jessa from the airport. Why didn't he, or someone, figure this out before Michelle was squeezed between them?

I saw no enthusiasm from Jessa or Ben. Hope this was due to nervousness and/or things being staged.

30 second side hug & JBoob videotapes it. I'm gonna barf.

And he has to explain how the side hug is the appropriate type of hug. No front parts squishing together!

And he has to explain how the side hug is the appropriate type of hug. No front parts squishing together!

LEGOS!!!

I think my opinion of the Duggars has really changed. Don't get me wrong, I still think Michelle is a narcissistic baby collector who talks like a 5 year old, and that Jim Bob holds a lot of asinine opinions but I don't get the same vibe from them as I used to.

It seems a lot like my family reunions with my conservative religious family. About 1/3 are fundie lite, 1/3 mainstream Christian, and the rest are none religious. But you wouldn't know that because we all get together and pretend to be Jesus freaks as we sing kum ba ya around the fire. I don't think the Duggars are nearly as fundie as the portray themselves to be.

The Duggar teens are way more fundie lite than I once believed. How does Jill know the term "bromance" if she's not allowed on the internet, doesn't socialize with peers, and doesn't watch TV. Their Cosmo interview also indicated a greater knowledge of mainstream pop culture than sheltered fundies would know about. I think they are keeping up appearances because they are fundie royalty. I think they were once hard core fundie, but my parents were once fundie lite, now they don't even attend church.

Hannie was quite taken with the lad, but I thought it was Jackson who thought he smelled nice and was "cute". It's no wonder the younger boys have never let poor Jackson play in any Howler games.

I'd like to hear more from Joy and Jeremiah, although I suspect there's a reason we don't. She's clearly not drunk too much of the purple punch and he's always had a sort of snarky charm about him.

Aside from that, an incredibly awkward and dull episode. Maybe Jill's courtship is Boob's backup in case things fall apart with Jessa's. It really hard to imagine strong-willed Jessa (was Boob implying she was a bit bitchy with his "harsh" and "rough around the edges" comment?) married to such an awkward, immature boy with no apparent career prospects beyond what Jim Bob decides to create for him. Once the afterglow of her first puppy love fades, she'll tire of him in short order.

What..Hannie and Jackson think Ben smells good :lol: ? I guess the Duggar men must not wear fragrances. It's probably just Axe shower gel. I heard someone mention that Ben's parents are creepy? How so? They got to be creepy if they didn't try to talk their "18 year-old" son out of jumping into a courtship. I wonder do any of them fully understand what this whole relationship means, or are just excited about becoming part of a famous family.

Archived