IGNORED

19 Kids & Courting - Duggar Snark for Season 8

happy atheist

Stock up on hairspray and pickles - the new season is upon us.

Alternately, grab your favorite adult beverage and the rules for the Duggars Drinking Game, and prepare for alcohol poisoning!

Buzzard has promised to recap again this season! :dance:

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

being in australia, the only access i have to episodes is from a youtuber who sits in front of their tv and records the show with their camera.

if anyone would like to upload the show directly somewhere... that'd be awesome ;)

Looking forward to joining in on the snark live tonight, as I will actually be watching this season!

being in australia, the only access i have to episodes is from a youtuber who sits in front of their tv and records the show with their camera.

if anyone would like to upload the show directly somewhere... that'd be awesome ;)

As I'm also not in the US, I second this ;)

same here, from germany. maybe upload somewhere else? that would be great ;)

poor jinger. even though they're always told to put on a happy face... she is clearly upset and struggling, for her to speak openly about it. :(

Awwwwwww :(

This is what happens when you make siblings only be friends with eachother, and don't let them make their own friends. One day, its all got to change, when theyre all getting married and moving away. Sure, I think Jessa and Jinger would be good friends if they had a normal life, went to school and then college and were allowed to join clubs and make their own friends instead of just be friends with eachother and kids of their parents friends they see every few months or at ATI events, but it wouldn't be so hard for her to have Jessa leaving as she would have her own group of friends and be used to them not being together all of the time as they would have separate social lives.

I hope shes okay. They both are very similar in personality-kinda snarky, a bit rebellious, and they have such a strong bond which is nothing like their relationships with the rest of their sisters. Jinger and Jana are friends, I presume, but theyre very different and probably cant talk about things to the same level as she did with Jessa. I think poor Jinger is going to be lonely once Jessa leaves. Hope they get to see eachother often and they will still be able to be close and not have one thought of as one of the kids, and another seen as an adult.

She doesn't seem upset or 'struggling' at all to me. Crying because your sister/best friend is growing up, in a serious relationship, and may move out soon seems pretty natural.

Ugh, Jill sitting there next to Jana talking about how they have always understood that they weren't going to "go" in order, it feels like she's pitying her :/ But Jessa actually said "[many of us] will be gone – married, college, whatever", and wow, do I hope some of them get to leave the house and go to college. I'm thinking nope, though.

Somehow the whole courtship thing being such a "family thing" plus being featured on the show, makes it seem like those who are courting are kind of rubbing it in for the rest, since they're forced to talk about it so much. Must not be very pleasant, and completely different from when a sibling normally starts dating anyone.

I'm actually wondering if this season is going to bite Boob in the ass. It's going to show two of his adult daughters getting to know 'special' men within the ridiculous confines of this courtship model they have always espoused.

Viewers might have thought that the idea of courtship was cute before actually being presented with the nitty gritty details. But now, we're going to see a 21 year old woman and an almost 23 year old woman going out on dates that are chaperoned by their parents. Sending text messages to their future husbands but not without letting mommy read it first (God forbid you might say something inappropriate to your boyfriend, like ask him a personal question or something). What an outrageous thing to ask of your adult children...

I have only watched the preview once but these two things stuck out like sore thumbs to me:

Boob tells Ben that he can go ahead and give Jessa a side hug if he wants to. This really rubbed me the wrong way but I'm having trouble getting anything other than "Are you freaking kidding me" out of my mouth.

And Anna Duggar SKIING IN A FUCKING JEAN SKIRT!! I feel like ripping her a new one - so, so very dangerous. She makes a quip about not breaking a leg... she'll be lucky if that's all she breaks. Listen up Duggars - there ARE certain things that you just can not do in jean skirts, no matter what you say about it.

This family drives me absolutely bat shit crazy and I had to stop watching the show many seasons ago because of how they make my blood boil (same reason why I had to stop following Josh's instagram, haha). But they've totally sucked me back in. I'll be watching this first episode for sure!

eta: riffles

Viewers might have thought that the idea of courtship was cute before actually being presented with the nitty gritty details. But now, we're going to see a 21 year old woman and an almost 23 year old woman going out on dates that are chaperoned by their parents. Sending text messages to their future husbands but not without letting mommy read it first (God forbid you might say something inappropriate to your boyfriend, like ask him a personal question or something). What an outrageous thing to ask of your adult children...

I noticed that the language used by the website featuring this clip is something like courtship rules are more restrictive than most teenagers usually face - totally whitewashing the fact that the couple in question are no longer teenagers and haven't been for several years.

Maybe one reason Jinger is blue is she knows that once the two girls leave and cleave someone is going to have to pick up the slack work- wise. Hint: it won't be Mullet.

On the zap2it clip, Jessa mentioned college.. is one of the "girls" actually trying to go to a brick and mortar school? Jinger seems happy for her sister and a little sad at the same time-definitely bittersweet. I hope they are able to maintain a close friendship once the dust settles from the big life change on the horizon. Jessa seems really reserved and not crazy in love with Ben in the pics circulating on the internet, but she seemed really excited to be getting ready to see him. Maybe we will see some chemistry on the show...

I'm really not interested in seeing the Smuggar family this season, pregnancy or not. I hope they aren't a huge part of the storyline.

Haha...Just watched the Today Show clip...Jessa's going to run his ass!

On the zap2it clip, Jessa mentioned college.. is one of the "girls" actually trying to go to a brick and mortar school? Jinger seems happy for her sister and a little sad at the same time-definitely bittersweet. I hope they are able to maintain a close friendship once the dust settles from the big life change on the horizon. Jessa seems really reserved and not crazy in love with Ben in the pics circulating on the internet, but she seemed really excited to be getting ready to see him. Maybe we will see some chemistry on the show...

I'm really not interested in seeing the Smuggar family this season, pregnancy or not. I hope they aren't a huge part of the storyline.

I thought Jinger looked very sad. :-(

I can see Joy deciding to get her ducks in a row and wanting to go to college. Probably just nursing or education but the other girls seem fine with waiting for the one~ while Joy strikes me as the type who might want something else to occupy her time.

Ugh, Jill sitting there next to Jana talking about how they have always understood that they weren't going to "go" in order, it feels like she's pitying her :/ But Jessa actually said "[many of us] will be gone – married, college, whatever", and wow, do I hope some of them get to leave the house and go to college. I'm thinking nope, though.

Somehow the whole courtship thing being such a "family thing" plus being featured on the show, makes it seem like those who are courting are kind of rubbing it in for the rest, since they're forced to talk about it so much. Must not be very pleasant, and completely different from when a sibling normally starts dating anyone.

I thought I heard her quickly say "college", too! I hope for a least one of them it will happen!

They'll probably let a son try college before a daughter. Perhaps Josiah will get to try the local community college or the University of Arkansas or at least a nearby Christian college.

And Anna Duggar SKIING IN A FUCKING JEAN SKIRT!! I feel like ripping her a new one - so, so very dangerous. She makes a quip about not breaking a leg... she'll be lucky if that's all she breaks. Listen up Duggars - there ARE certain things that you just can not do in jean skirts, no matter what you say about it.

Why in the world would she DO that?? The other Duggars (including Jill, Jana, Jessa, Jinger, and even Grandma) all wore ski pants when they went skiing *on the show*. Didn't Anna and Josh go on that trip and Anna wore ski pants then?? I wonder why in the world she wore a skirt this time.

I can see Joy deciding to get her ducks in a row and wanting to go to college. Probably just nursing or education but the other girls seem fine with waiting for the one~ while Joy strikes me as the type who might want something else to occupy her time.

Please don't say "just nursing or education." Both are honorable professions.

Haha...Just watched the Today Show clip...Jessa's going to run his ass!

She has power over her headship-to-be ^^

Same here from the Netherlands!

Archived