IGNORED

Bill Gothard Ousted - IBLP/ATI scandal - Merge

love2scrap

Hey, do you think the flip flop thing is becauseof ole Bill G's foot fetish?

Do you think it's a foot fetish, or a sex acts in dangerous situations fetish? He plays footsies when people are around, which to me seems more of a getting off on doing sexy things hidden in plain sight IYKWIM.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think it's a foot fetish, or a sex acts in dangerous situations fetish? He plays footsies when people are around, which to me seems more of a getting off on doing sexy things hidden in plain sight IYKWIM.

Fetishes are complex things. My guess is that BG is actually socially awkward in one to one situations with a person of the opposite gender. He probably always has been. As a young man, he made sense of the world by using the bible to give him a template for functioning and found he had a talent for convincing masses to think as he did. Over the years, he groomed the whole thing to meet his needs and desires...all cloaked in biblical principals. Having the whole lot of young women essentially barefoot most of the time simply makes it easier to get "off" when the right situation presents itself. That ans the soft curls in the hair thing....

Hey, do you think the flip flop thing is becauseof ole Bill G's foot fetish?

I think it's because they're cheap and these families have lots of kids!

I like to know where tan in a can, chemical perms and straighteners, and Jim Bob's hairspray are covered in the bible.

Thanks, Ralar, that was very informative.

As far as the IBLP men's personal grooming goes I don't know Gothard's rationale, but the Pissing Pastor has a sermon on the subject of pants verses dresses for men. The video is hilarious!

youtube.com/watch?v=ta9LSx8-9Vc

And the written version: faithfulwordbaptist.org/pants.html

Instagram.com/truthteller47

Gothard pics with Duggars

In the one with Mike Huckabee and two other people, those people are James Leininger and his wife. Leininger was the money behind Vision Forum, and his daughters are the author and star of Alone Yet Not Alone.

That pic is elsewhere here -- probably on the VF thread and maybe earlier in this one, and I think I posted it on the "Alone Yet Not Alone" thread.

A thought on women and perms... Today's fundie movement is largely a response to the social upheavals of the 1960s and 1970s. Beards and long hair on men might have been OK in Biblical times, but they reminded fundie leaders of rebellious, ebil hippies and so they were forbidden. Long hair on women was mandated to make them look more feminine, but long, straight hair without bangs could be problematic for fundie leaders because that's how the women of the counterculture wore their hair. So how does one make the ladies look feminine but not hippy-ish? Perms, perms, perms! Big bangs, big bangs, and even bigger bangs! Erin Bates-Paine's Gibson girl 'do also solves the "long hair but not hippy-ish" dilemma. When we do see a teenage girl or woman with long, straight hair, she almost never wears it hanging loose like most people with long hair do. There's always a barrette, a scrunchy, or one of those blessed bows.

it's funny that what most of society considers conservative for men is being clean shaven w short hair,and a nice suit or pants.just the opposite of the way it was in biblical times.

I have to say,thank goodness the circumcision remained,but that is jmo.

and I doubt women had scrunchy hair in those days,seeing as the tools to do it weren't there,other than some sort of make-do leave in rollers,if they even tried to curl it at all.I think most hebrew women wore head coverings anyway.

perseveronews.com/of-men-and-megalomaniacs/

In case this hasn't been posted yet, it is Darnell's explanation for what happened. Spoiler: it is the fault of emotional females and mothers usurping fathers' role as leader of the household. Young women should just stay home and nothing bad would happen This young women mistakenly viewed an old man's honest, fatherly affection as abuse. I am not pulling your legs. That is his explanation.

In case this hasn't been posted yet, it is Darnell's explanation for what happened. Spoiler: it is the fault of emotional females and mothers usurping fathers' role as leader of the household. Young women should just stay home and nothing bad would happen This young women mistakenly viewed an old man's honest, fatherly affection as abuse. I am not pulling your legs. That is his explanation.

Darnell is painting himself into a corner. The only truth is Gothard is old...a dirty old man. There is nothing fatherly or affectionate in what he is accused of doing.

Fatherly and affectionate? He touched Charlotte's boobs and put his hand up her skirt.

If you see that as fatherly affection, you should never have kids.

Is it really the best situation to have the board, which, according to all accounts already knew about this alleged abuse and covered it up, doing the investigation? That's almost literally letting the fox watch the hen house.

Was describing the situation to Mr. Tribe the other night, and he commented that it's going to be just like Penn State. There was also a similar situation in a local high school where the administration was covering up another administrators sexual abuse. A lot of victim blaming went on in that case too. Hell, one day I actually got into an argument with a customer who tried to claim "well, all those girls dress slutty".

This kind of victim blaming doesn't surprise me in the least. For anyone to admit that the guru whose teachings they have based their lives on committed abusive means they have to admit that they have based their lives, and raised their families according to the teachings of a pedophile.

It really is going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

Also have a comment on the hair thing. When I was married, my mother informed me that I now had to wear my hair up, not loose around my shoulders. Because that is what was proper for married women (this was the 80's folks). That actually used to be the tradition in the 1800's afaik. 'Girls' wore their hair down, married or older women wore their hair up. I have always wondered why fundies don't' generally follow that tradition.

The picture of Jana and Gothard has been wiped completely.

I was sure we had it, but I am starting to think that might have been on yuku and they took it down cause someone said so. I have typed every phrase I could think of to find that stupid picture to no avail.

Y'know, I had a very affectionate and fatherly relationship with my own father, yet he never played footsie with me, touched my boobs on purpose, or tried to stick his hand up my skirt that way. My dad would have knocked the block off of any man who tried to pull that crap on his teenaged daughters, tymv.

Found it! Or at least where it originated. The post is gone (at least for me)

everythoughtcaptive.blogspot.com/2009/10/day-9-receive-gods-power.html

Can anyone access that post in the way back machine? I'm not sure how to do it.

Also have a comment on the hair thing. When I was married, my mother informed me that I now had to wear my hair up, not loose around my shoulders. Because that is what was proper for married women (this was the 80's folks). That actually used to be the tradition in the 1800's afaik. 'Girls' wore their hair down, married or older women wore their hair up. I have always wondered why fundies don't' generally follow that tradition.

Ha. That reminds me of the first time I saw a Facts of Life episode where the girls get a visit from a friend who got married and had a baby as a teenager. In contrast to the loose-haired, fresh-faced main characters, the friend had a severe-looking sculpted French twist hairdo and caked-on make-up. It made me wonder if people in the 1980's still followed the idea of "singe=down, married=up" hairstyles for women.

Erin Bates and Jana Duggar discuss the Journey.

This video was put up four months ago.

That interviewer is the absolute worst. As for Jana and Erin, they sound completely brainwashed.

special place in hell. that is all.

Archived