IGNORED

Bill Gothard Ousted - IBLP/ATI scandal - Merge

love2scrap

The following is a quote from the most recent post on Recovering Grace: (I hope it okay to quote this here)

Next, in what Gothard calls a “very painful preliminary step,†we must examine ourselves. It may be that our own failures are partly to blame for the offender’s behavior. Five ways in which we may be guilty of failure are presented:

a) if we have failed in similar areas as the offender,

b) if we have failed to pray enough,

c) if we have failed to be a good example,

d) if we have an offensive spirit of pride, or

e) if there is a lack of love.

When I read point d, I immediately thought of Jana's interview after Journey of the Heart. It makes me sick to think that, if BG came on to her, she may blame herself for his behavior. What a twisted way to think!

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to explain that the quote is from Gothard seminar materials. The RG article is about the Gothard twist on the Matthew 18 teaching related to "Give only a good report."

So Darnell is claiming that Gothard was only acting like father would? What sort of fathers has he been hanging around with because last I checked none of the dads I know would run their foot up their daughter's skirt.

Esther Shrader has been having an argument with her grandfather over this. His response? Have they ( the women) been accused and tried for adultery?? The women hating is so deep in this culture.

And her husband seems less concerned for the victims than the "heresies and false teachings" of Gothard ( that he compares to Roman Catholics by the way)..... UGH.

Esther Shrader has been having an argument with her grandfather over this. His response? Have they ( the women) been accused and tried for adultery?? The women hating is so deep in this culture.

And her husband seems less concerned for the victims than the "heresies and false teachings" of Gothard ( that he compares to Roman Catholics by the way)..... UGH.

:angry-banghead: :pull-hair: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-fire:

Link please?

thx,that was excellent.I agree.

can someone post the chart,or tell me how to? that says it all.

it seems ati likes to keep their teaching materials private,and this is no doubt why.the more that can be exposed of them,the better.

Look at no. 4 on the chart:

Why did God let it happen?

Result of defrauding by:

immodest dress

indecent exposure

being out from protection of our parents

being with evil friends?

----------------------------------------------------------

WOW,this just totally takes all blame OFF the sexual offender,and places it squarely on the victim (and God,since he LET it happen!)

Counseling_Sexual_Abuse-e1366186399324.jpeg

from the article posted earlier redemptionpictures.com/2014/02/28/bill-gothard-homeschool-cult/

Just thought I'd bring this back up because I just saw this article with this chart and my jaw dropped.

Where is the "call the cops" on that chart?

And you'd think someone involved enough in religion to make a chart like that would be able to spell "altar."

I'm surprised Got Hard didn't think of this first:

According to a report in the Kenyan Post, Reverend Njohi said women who attend his services at the Lord's Propeller Redemption Church in Nairobi are forbidden from wearing bras and underwear. Njohi said when going to church, people need to be "free in body and spirit" so they can receive Christ.

http://jezebel.com/pastor-bans-women-from-wearing-any-underwear-in-church-1535717901?utm_campaign=socialflow_jezebel_facebook&utm_source=jezebel_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

#6. If abused was not at fault?

WTF?!?!?! Who the hell even implies that the abused are EVER at fault? This makes me SO angry.

I hope this pastor likes cleaning anal/vaginal leakage off the sanctuary seats. Hope they're not cloth chairs. :ew:

Where is the "call the cops" on that chart?

And you'd think someone involved enough in religion to make a chart like that would be able to spell "altar."

Is it possible to get Anonymous involved in this?

That's shameful and vile.

It's horrible when churches and religious organizations don't respond properly to abuse, but when they plan and instruct the victims not to report it to law enforcement it makes them look like they are premeditating abuse.

That's truly disgusting, victim blaming at its best. Would they say the same thing if any of those girls were their own daughters or granddaughters whom they knew had been raised as sheltered as all these girls say they were? Actually I'm horribly afraid the answer is yes.

But apart from anything else these evil whores of Satan wouldn't have been able to mistake any "fatherly" affection from Gothard or make false accusations if he'd followed his *own* rules about touching or being alone with non married people of the opposite sex. Not to mention the basic safe practice of always having another adult in the room when meeting "one on one" with a young person or vulnerable adult.

That's truly disgusting, victim blaming at its best. Would they say the same thing if any of those girls were their own daughters or granddaughters whom they knew had been raised as sheltered as all these girls say they were? Actually I'm horribly afraid the answer is yes.

But apart from anything else these evil whores of Satan wouldn't have been able to mistake any "fatherly" affection from Gothard or make false accusations if he'd followed his *own* rules about touching or being alone with non married people of the opposite sex. Not to mention the basic safe practice of always having another adult in the room when meeting "one on one" with a young person or vulnerable adult.

I have to agree. Especially in light of the post regarding Esther's grandfather. Priscilla was employed at HQ, she could have been abused.

Could someone explain this to me please? In Gothard's world, touching in the context of dating/courtship/whatever you want to call it is regarded as a big fat sin with big fat consequences. Any sexual touch, we're lead to believe, will result in irreparable damage to the heart and soul and have consequences in any future relationships.

But apparently, sexual abuse is just fine. The body is the least important part of a person's being, so any transgression against a person's body should be regarded as a non-issue. (Unless, of course, the victim encouraged it (barf), in which case it's cause for guilt.)

I think he deserves an Olympic gold for mental gymnastics.

Fatherly affection? My father never touched my boobs or touched my nether regions. That's not fatherly affection. That is sexual assault plain and simple. I hope more victims find the courage to come forward to help take this bastard down!

Darnell comes from a VF background, correct? Then it is no surprise he has such a twisted and perverted idea of what "fatherly affection" looks like. These people brought us the purity ball, shaving daddy, and visionary daughters. The incestuous aroma of how they view fathers and daughters stinks to High Heaven. He has bought completely into these soul killing, pervy ideas. So have all the other manly men.

It should disgust, but it shouldn't shock.

I have to agree. Especially in light of the post regarding Esther's grandfather. Priscilla was employed at HQ, she could have been abused.

Part of the appeal of ATI is that it promises that if you follow the rules correctly, you will receive material and spiritual blessings. If you don't follow the rules, bad things will happen to you and it will all be your own fault. Some set of Gothard's teachings are called "non-negotiable" meaning they apply to everyone whether they're in ATI or not. This is why Michelle still harranges about Jubilee, because she assumes she must have done something wrong. In her mind, she's done everything right, unlike before when she was on the pill, watching TV, and wearing pants. The idea that her reproductive system is done doesn't compute, but Gothard makes everything your fault.

Link please?

I'm not teachergirl, but it is on Facebook, comments on 3/1. facebook.com/esther.shrader Grandpa must have been a really early Gothard convert.

To my amusement, John got called out for his anti-Catholic comments on the John Esther page by a leghumper. :lol: I think she is no longer going to hand over $$ to John's mission.

Darnell comes from a VF background, correct? Then it is no surprise he has such a twisted and perverted idea of what "fatherly affection" looks like. These people brought us the purity ball, shaving daddy, and visionary daughters. The incestuous aroma of how they view fathers and daughters stinks to High Heaven. He has bought completely into these soul killing, pervy ideas. So have all the other manly men.

It should disgust, but it shouldn't shock.

IIRC, Kisa called him deep-rooted ATI-guy.

Archived