IGNORED

Bill Gothard Ousted - IBLP/ATI scandal - Merge

love2scrap

Tori Bates appears to be on Jinger's left (to our right).

I just perused the current Board of Directors and was surprised to find that Chad Paine's father is also listed. An email to him couldn't hurt either. I think Chad is the oldest of 10, so there are a few daughters coming up in that family as well who could potentially be victims (or might have already received "special treatment" from Gothard).

Now, it's super obvious why Gothard made an appearance (and gave a speech) at that wedding.

Here are the bios. Gil's is soooo out of place.

iblp.org/about-iblp/corporate-information/board-directors

If we are thinking of emails/letters, let's take a closer look at the board who are making decisions right now about Gothard. Well, in theory.

Dr. Billy Boring, Jr. He's a practicing physician and apparently the current spokesperson.

State Commissioner Ralph T. Hudgens. Yuck. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Hudgens

Dr. John Stancil. Owns a bus company. Is rich. I suspect the "Dr" is an unearned Honorary PhD or unaccredited.

Dr. Bernie Reese. Retired Attorney and Law Professor. He has to be 85 at a minimum.

Dr. Stephen Paine. Another practicing physician - in a prison - and Chad's dad.

Anthony Burris. Let's call him a linguist and autodidact. He is the token minority, I'm afraid.

Pastor David York. Seems to have a BA from U. of Michigan and further qualifications from accredited Theological Seminaries.

And Gil Bates.

As an aside, when I mentioned that Gil Bates was on the IBLP board to Mr. P. he thought I said Bill Gates and practically had a heart attack!

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ew. No. THOSE GIRLS ARE TOO CLOSE TO THAT DISGUSTING PERVERT! Why would anyone let them just stand there with him?? Run before he gets you! Especially the one where he is doing a speech and has a whole string of young women dressed in the way he fetishizes on either side of him. Hes probably trying to hide his boner.

Tori Bates appears to be on Jinger's left (to our right).

I just perused the current Board of Directors and was surprised to find that Chad Paine's father is also listed. An email to him couldn't hurt either. I think Chad is the oldest of 10, so there are a few daughters coming up in that family as well who could potentially be victims (or might have already received "special treatment" from Gothard).

Now, it's super obvious why Gothard made an appearance (and gave a speech) at that wedding.

Here are the bios. Gil's is soooo out of place.

iblp.org/about-iblp/corporate-information/board-directors

From Dr. Billy Boring's bio:

Billy has practiced family medicine at the Medical Center of McKinney since 1988. Over the years he has sent more than 200 of his patients to the Basic Seminar and has discovered that after completing the Seminar, they had a 75% decrease in their visits to his medical office.

WOW! I hope his patients stayed away 75% of the time because they realized how inappropriate his behavior was.

:lol: :lol: :lol: - yeah I would stay away too if my doctor sent me to a fundie seminar.

Anyways, isn't sending patients to a Basic Principles Seminar crossing the doctor/patient relationship line?

WOW! I hope his patients stayed away 75% of the time because they realized how inappropriate his behavior was.

I really want to know ATI's theological justification for curly hair on women, especially since the women in the Bible would have worn head coverings at all times. Seeing all these ohotos of girls/young women with the same hairstyle is creeping me out. I wonder if non-white Gothardite females (I've seen a few in some other photos) have to get on the crunchy curl bandwagon too. I would think that black or Asian hair would just revolt if it was forced into the crunchy curl mode.

That is truly hilarious!

I really want to know ATI's theological justification for curly hair on women, especially since the women in the Bible would have worn head coverings at all times. Seeing all these ohotos of girls/young women with the same hairstyle is creeping me out. I wonder if non-white Gothardite females (I've seen a few in some other photos) have to get on the crunchy curl bandwagon too. I would think that black or Asian hair would just revolt if it was forced into the crunchy curl mode.

I remember watching the episode where the J'slaves and JimBob go to the father-daughter retreat. It was so creepy to see every single girl have the exact same clothing and curly-crunchy hairstyle, including the one girl with Asian features.

John Shrader, of all people, has dug up some "dirt" on another ILBP board member. He posted this link on his Facebook: heresyintheheartland.blogspot.com/2014/02/john-stancil-scripture-sex-success.html?m=1

John Stancil divorced his wife and married a student. How could he be on Bill Gothard's BoD? :pink-shock:

Shrader has reiterated that Gothard is a false prophet and now says DP is one too.

Shrader has reiterated that Gothard is a false prophet and now says DP is one too.

Pretty hard to dispute that, actually. It's funny that in VF circles there was a time when DP had gone to the IBLP headquarters (If my memory serves me correctly) and he and some of the guys were talking about what a blessing it was to have an all-male staff, different staff culture, etc... and yet there seems to ultimately have been no fundamental difference.

Edit: Ah! I think I found a picture from when that would have taken place...

jensgems.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/bill_gothard-doug_phillips.jpg

Wonder how many ati ladies are cutting off their crunchy curls and going for some nice layers??? I'm thinking they may be evolving to The Rachel?

I remember watching the episode where the J'slaves and JimBob go to the father-daughter retreat. It was so creepy to see every single girl have the exact same clothing and curly-crunchy hairstyle, including the one girl with Asian features.

It would be different if those photos had been taken in the late 1980s or early 1990s when crunchy perms with poof bangs were in style. I mean, back then, if you had taken photos of any random group of teenage girls (and even some boys!) most of them would have worn some variation of that hairstyle. But the Duggar girls and their peers were babies then. I can't imagine any teenage girls choosing en masse to wear their hair in a style that is twenty years out of date.

It would be different if those photos had been taken in the late 1980s or early 1990s when crunchy perms with poof bangs were in style. I mean, back then, if you had taken photos of any random group of teenage girls (and even some boys!) most of them would have worn some variation of that hairstyle. But the Duggar girls and their peers were babies then. I can't imagine any teenage girls choosing en masse to wear their hair in a style that is twenty years out of date.

Never underestimate the influence of them essentially having their own culture. This is their peer-group. Everyone they know and respect wears their hair this way. It's not twenty years out of date for them if that's how they're all currently doing it. As far as I know, Gothard only suggests that women should wear their hair long. The fact that many of them go for the permed look could be a fad, or it could be the only real way to change up a long hairstyle. Just because their leader "likes" it doesn't mean that they're all purposefully catering to his tastes.

Never underestimate the influence of them essentially having their own culture. This is their peer-group. Everyone they know and respect wears their hair this way. It's not twenty years out of date for them if that's how they're all currently doing it. As far as I know, Gothard only suggests that women should wear their hair long. The fact that many of them go for the permed look could be a fad, or it could be the only real way to change up a long hairstyle. Just because their leader "likes" it doesn't mean that they're all purposefully catering to his tastes.

I read something very recently saying he suggested you should straighten or perm in order to get the soft curls.

* Women should have long hair, with gentle curls. If God made your hair straight, then you must curl it. If God made your hair ultra-curly, then you must straighten it. Blonde is the best color. The Principle of Design (accepting your body as God made it) is suspended for hair. Mr. Gothard dyes his hair so apparently hair dye doesn’t violate the 10 Unchangeables regarding physical features or aging.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/lovejoyfem ... t-ati.html

We have to realize that when the masses joined ATI in the late 80's, the crunchy-curls/poufy bangs was popular. So as all these homeschooling families set out to create their own new culture, it was only natural for the moms to pass along the hairstyle they knew best to their daughters. Of course, the moms never sought a new hair-do, because it would be ungodly to be beautiful according to the current styles. Their daughters weren't influenced otherwise by their peers since they had limited interaction with worldly peers and current fashion. And that's how we have Duggar girls still doing their hair in a very out-dated style!

Asian hair in particular would. Black women desiring to leave their hair natural may have zigzag or fractal curls in addition to Botticelli, corkscrew, or corkicelli curls and they may prefer to have their rather short as it's easier to take care of. I'm a curly girl myself (caucasian with Botticelli curls) and curly long hair is a beast to care for even with the Curly Girl method. Some black women prefer to have their hair relaxed and by relaxed I mean straightened more than Gothard wants. Whatever floats YOUR boat, and I don't mean Bill Gothard's.

edited for riffle and to add a little

John Shrader, of all people, has dug up some "dirt" on another ILBP board member. He posted this link on his Facebook: heresyintheheartland.blogspot.com/2014/02/john-stancil-scripture-sex-success.html?m=1

John Stancil divorced his wife and married a student. How could he be on Bill Gothard's BoD? :pink-shock:

Stancil has a doctorate in "transportation" (from driving school?). Of course he's qualified to be on the Board of Directors! Someonehas to drive the bus and organize valet parking at their conferences...

Asian hair in particular world. Black women desiring to leave their hair natural may have zigzag or fractal curls in addition to Botticelli, corkscrew, or corkicelli curls and they may prefer to have their rather short as it's easier to take care of. I'm a curly girl myself (caucasian with Botticelli curls) and curly long hair is a beast to care for even with the Curly Girl method. Some black women prefer to have their hair relaxed and by relaxed I mean straightened more than Gothard wants. Whatever floats your boat.

I was a teenager at the height (no pun intended) of the crunchy perm era and the black girls managed quite well. They poofed up their bangs same as the white girls and then jheri curled the rest.

Transportation in that sense refers to transportation of people or goods on a large scale. It would more along the lines of running a trucking company, managing the shipping for a military depot, etc. It's a branch of logistics.

Asian hair in particular world. Black women desiring to leave their hair natural may have zigzag or fractal curls in addition to Botticelli, corkscrew, or corkicelli curls and they may prefer to have their rather short as it's easier to take care of. I'm a curly girl myself (caucasian with Botticelli curls) and curly long hair is a beast to care for even with the Curly Girl method. Some black women prefer to have their hair relaxed and by relaxed I mean straightened more than Gothard wants. Whatever floats your boat.

It's hard for me to snark on the Duggar girls' hair. I also use the Curly Girl method, after decades of fighting my curls, and it's so awesome to finally accept my hair for what it is. So their hair is curly--I think it's great that they let it do what it's meant to do. It just happens to look a lot like the hairstyles we associate with the very snark-worthy decade of the 80s and its many other embarrassing and over-the-top fads and fashions. But there's enough appearance-shaming in fundieland that I wouldn't want to add their hair to that list.

I will say that they certainly appear to need a good trim and more conditioner, across the board. That could far toward giving them less crunchy and healthier curls.

Depends. Some of my Korean aunties still, ah, rock that style. My Korean SIL recently got a perm, and it worked quite well on her. But to be fair, she had it done in Korea, so her stylists knew what they were doing. Me...no chance. I got a perm in the 90s, as a teenager, and wound up with an adorable pixie cut shortly afterwards. The perm did terrible things to my hair.

But I think I know what you're getting at. The whole "one size fits all" idea behind the hair just doesn't work. I suffered a childhood of bad haircuts, thanks to living in a predominantly white area, where my hairdresser didn't even know that Asian hair doesn't "behave" like Caucasian hair. It just doesn't. Like the whole philosophy, one size simply doesn't fit all.

edited for clarity

It's hard for me to snark on the Duggar girls' hair. I also use the Curly Girl method, after decades of fighting my curls, and it's so awesome to finally accept my hair for what it is. So their hair is curly--I think it's great that they let it do what it's meant to do. It just happens to look a lot like the hairstyles we associate with the very snark-worthy decade of the 80s and its many other embarrassing and over-the-top fads and fashions. But there's enough appearance-shaming in fundieland that I wouldn't want to add their hair to that list.

I will say that they certainly appear to need a good trim and more conditioner, across the board. That could far toward giving them less crunchy and healthier curls.

I think the general reason I find it somewhat snark-worthy is that their hair ISN"T curly--they perm it.

(which...I get. I grew up fundie lite-ish in the 80's. I permed [i shouldn't have--I never pulled it off] and it's taken me a long time to embrace the hair I have--instead of the hair I wanted. But I want to go throughout the world and convince people to do what their hair does WELL as their default, I say with my fundie-looking stick straight long hair :lol: )

I'd like to know what the 25% who went back were thinking.

Archived