IGNORED

Bill Gothard Ousted - IBLP/ATI scandal - Merge

love2scrap

I believe the connection between the Duggars and Maxwells may be S.M. Davis.

titus2.com/preparing-sons.html Davis reviews Steve Maxwell's book

embassyinstitute.org/speaker/sm-davis SM Davis has lectures on Embassy Institute

duggarfamily.com Scroll down to bottom of page. Listed under resources right in the middle of the top row.

The Duggars have been using the Maxwells post it note chart for years. They also have been seen using the chore packs. A few years ago, Steve and some of the girls visited the Duggars for a graduation party. Teri once said the Mullet was one of the original testers for the Moth post it note system.....

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RG-we get it. We have seen the "Real Gospel" and found it lacking. We get that you need it. We don't. Stop with the patronizing BS.

RG definitely has limitations because its a fundie lite group. Until recently its all been about Gothard's scriptural abuses, which seems to be why it was founded in the first place to give people a place to heal and heard the "real gospel". I can't deny it probably many who first come to think about what's wrong with Gothard on a gentle "grace" site like that rather than FJ.

I do give them all the credit in the world for being the ones doing the heavy lifting exposing Gothard but I do wish there was less hand wringing over Matthew 18.

On a related note, I've been reading their "Silencing the Lambs" series and how in the world did Gothard get away with "don't take up an offense?" Apart from the billion other secular reasons and the myriad scriptural commands to do the exact opposite, didn't Jesus "take up the offenses" of the whole world as his own? How in the world did he get that one through for so long? Obviously it was only one tactic in a subculture driven by random rules but even so.

RG just tweeted this:

Pray that #iblp #ati would recover the concept of grace, and if God so desires, that the ministry would recover, by grace

:pull-hair:

There is no way to "recover" an abusive cult and make it okay. Even without Bill Gothard the whole mess would be fucked up. There is nothing redeemable about IBLP or ATI. I would like to watch it go down in flames, but I would be okay with it just quietly dismantling. But my worst fear is that they will shuffle Gothard off into a dark corner, replace him with somebody younger and more likable and it the ministry will continue.

This is hysterically funny! Radar got IBLP/ATI/Gothard and Doug the Tool and Duggars all in one story!

Forget the Washington Post, forget FOX news, forget HuffPuff!

Radar Online has the story and it is about to go viral - with the usual Radar scandal mongering and inaccuracies!

Oh, dear doG!

This is probably the first and last time I will ever say - Go Radar! Follow this story! :dance: :clap:

It's probably going to end up on Buzzfeed within the next 12 hrs. Once that happens it will spread like wildfire.

This is hysterically funny! Radar got IBLP/ATI/Gothard and Doug the Tool and Duggars all in one story!

If only Jim Leininger was mentioned, it would be perfect!

But it's still pretty juicy.

Bill Gothard resigned. It will be interesting to see if criminal charges follow.

homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com/2014/03/06/bill-gothard-resigns-from-iblp/

Bill Gothard resigned. It will be interesting to see if criminal charges follow.

I was just coming to post this - Davey's letter to members is linked there.

Wow wow wow! Cannot wait to see where this goes... esp. with the Duggar book tour and new season coming up!

I was just coming to post this - Davey's letter to members is linked there.

Interesting that the notification came from Davey the Pecan Thief rather than from the Board or from the perv Got-hard himself.

Interesting that the notification came from Davey the Pecan Thief rather than from the Board or from the perv Got-hard himself.

Good point. Why did the board bail out? Where is Billy Boring?

The (public) Facebook page for "Friends of Mr. G" is so far strangely silent on this new development. I predict that when the discussion arises, it will be all about how the ebil worldly gossipers finally wore down Got Hard's godly spirit and he is humbly resigning in order to prevent further bad reports.

Wow. I know JTTH is bad... But a part of me did a happy dance for all those girls who won't have to be alone with him there.

It's better than Fundie Friday! The whipped cream on the sundae is David making the announcement.

How many fundies dragged down by sexual sin in the last year? The last decade?

Good to see the guy go...wonder who is going to lead the dog and pony show now? Or, like Vision Forum, will it crash and burn?

I love Davey's letter. We don't have a leader, but keep sending us you $$$$$ to attend the conventions and indoctrination camps!!!

His signature is that of an 8 year old just learning cursive.

For the love of fluffy puppies and rainbow farting unicorns can this be true?

Pecan Thief posted Gothard's resignation? Billy Boring is silent?

Gawd knows anything is possible with these bozos -- but this seems so ... easy. I just can't believe it! With due respect to Homeschoolers Anonymous's informers, this must be fake!

And chuck me off a bridge if it is true - but if the Pecan Thief is the new leader of IBLF/ATI he can probably be toppled by nastier folks in the ranks before I can say "defrauded." Pecan #inadequate leader.

Color me stunned. If it is true.

Woooo!!!!! Happy Mardi Gothard everyone!!!!!! Everything just became real!

Unfortunately, ATI/IBLP probably won't die. A small handful will likely use this as an opportunity to leave, if they were thinking of doing so before, but I think the beast will lumber on. Wonder who will take over?

Waiting for the inevitable "none of it was his fault, this is why girls are tempting whores that need to be controlled"...

I doubt this dragon has been slain or even had its nuts cut off. As long as there are gullibles like the duggers it will live

I hope they still actually investigate and don't use to resignation as an excuse to ignore everything. As a member of ATIA from the ages of 7-16 I emailed the board like RG suggested (talking to them in their language). I'm also trying to get my dad to call Gil Bates and confront him, since they know each other.

Attn: IBLP Board of Directors

Dear Board members,

I grew up in ATIA (as it was called then.) I attended the Basic and Advanced Seminars, countless Knoxville Conferences, CI's as both child and teacher, Pre-excel, Sound Foundations and other activities. I looked up to Bill Gothard as a child and teenager as a great Bible teacher. I even met him several times personally, as he knew my dad.

As I grew older, I began to question many of his teachings, and after thoroughly studying the Bible for myself, I rejected many of them. Yet I still looked at Bill as someone who loved God and was genuinely trying to follow the Bible. Then I would meet people who had been seriously hurt by the program, and I heard what had happened with Bill's brother and the enabling that went on and the coverups that followed, and I began to have many questions. I have been following the revelations on Recovering Grace, and they merely confirm countless other stories I have heard over the last ten years.

I personally know one person on the board - Gil Bates, I have known you and your family since Zach and Michael were babies and I beg you to thoroughly investigate these claims, and not to elevate Bill Gothard to a place where he is not accountable to Scripture and other believers. I also implore you to utilize a biblical third party *in no way associated with IBLP* to investigate these claims, in order to be above board and above reproach.

2 Corinthians 6

King James Version (KJV)

1 We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain.

2 (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:

Titus 1

King James Version (KJV)

6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.

7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God;

1 Corinthians 6:18

King James Version (KJV)

18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

Respectfully yours,

Miranda E

Knoxville, TN

I love Davey's letter. We don't have a leader, but keep sending us you $$$$$ to attend the conventions and indoctrination camps!!!

His signature is that of an 8 year old just learning cursive.

I was about to say that about David's handwriting.

I was about to say that about David's handwriting.

I am deeply, deeply disappointed that he does not dot the i in his first name with a little heart.

I am clinging to the hope that he usually does, just not on business letters.

Archived