IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - general discussion Part 4

happy atheist

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't notice that, but lol :D Poor girl, her courtship is the only thing that actually meant she got noticed that day. Shes not usually one they focus on in the episodes, and this season is going to be pretty much all about Jessa.

At least we actually got to hear her give parrot her parents' opinions on her courtship, instead of Michelle and Jimbob talking for her.

;)

J'Chelle and Boob don't know the 19 children that J'Chelle proudly states she gave birth to? Shock, shock. Jessa's courtship is probably just for ratings, or an F-U Internet moment. I don't see them marrying.

True. At least someone asked her though. I don't think we will ever hear Jessa's true thoughts, as nomatter how she thinks, she is too afraid of the consequences of going against her parents word if she doesn't agree.

True. At least someone asked her though. I don't think we will ever hear Jessa's true thoughts, as nomatter how she thinks, she is too afraid of the consequences of going against her parents word if she doesn't agree.

exactly. she couldn't even answer the question about whether or not she has come out of her shell without looking at J'ichelle.

This kind of remind me of the movie Dogtooth (minus all the sex bits; also, warning, it's kind of a messed up movie, but still an interesting watch).

I love Dogtooth! :D Very darkly humorous, although the first time watching is :shock:

Hey, let's a bunch of us get together and devise a similar show to the Duggars. A bushel of kids, Christian, wholesome.

And liberal.

Think we could make money off of that?

I can't see a Duggar/Maxwell courtship to be honest.

On the one hand the Duggars do seem genuinely open to having fun in life. Obviously the fun muct be "wholesome" and a fair amount is a) for the cameras and b) so that Michelle never has to do any actual parenting; but I just can't see a family who has an indoor play area, plus out door rope swings etc being in any kind of union with the Maxwells.

That's the nice fluffy side of me talking, however my more cynical side also doesn't see the Duggars pairing of with the Maxwells- or at least not while the cameras are around. The Duggar branding is always aimed at keeping the fundie craziness at arms length, taking great pains to portray the Duggars as nothing more than a nice, wholesome Christian family. The Maxwells are just too full on crazy to tie into that brand, unless the courtship etc. were to be kept largely off camera, which would never be allowed to happen as a courtship is just too big of a potential ratings booster.

actually looks like there is another thread talking about it, so i found it!

http://videos.huffingtonpost.com/the-du ... -518151986

around the 6:30 mark if anyone is curious

Interesting. I watched the interview before and didn't notice Jordyn saying "and Jill". Is it possible that she just misunderstood the question? Courtship is a complicated word, she's only 5 and since no one bothers explaining things to her, maybe she has a wrong idea of what the word means? Still, it would be awesome if it was true and Jordyn leaked it before JB and Michelle could. Good job Jordyn!

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/man-finds-2-89-carat-white-diamond-state-175337141--abc-news-topstories.html

A Louisiana man walked away from an Arkansas state park with a 2.89-carat white diamond in his hands and he has t he Duggar family from the reality-TV show "19 Kids and Counting" to thank for it.

I saw that article on ABC News the other day and it piqued my curiosity so I clicked it, only to find that the story had so little to do with the Duggars at all.

The Duggars are going to be speaking at the ATI conference again: iblp.org/seminars-conferences/family-conferences

Hey, let's a bunch of us get together and devise a similar show to the Duggars. A bushel of kids, Christian, wholesome.

And liberal.

Think we could make money off of that?

That would be awesome.

In the UK we have 16 Kids and Counting, which follows the UK's largest families-the biggest has 16 kids and is Christian but non fundie. None of them are fundie, even the closest is sort of fundie lite, and one of the families are Muslims.

I find it easier to relate to the more normal large families who aren't always talking about God-it is hard to find resources for large families that aren't aimed at Quiverfull people, other than smaller large families of about 5-7. It seems that most of the time, having over 10 kids is a fundie thing.

I would love to see a show about that family with the gay couple who adopted a load of kids. That would make the fundies heads explode.

That would be awesome.

In the UK we have 16 Kids and Counting, which follows the UK's largest families-the biggest has 16 kids and is Christian but non fundie. None of them are fundie, even the closest is sort of fundie lite, and one of the families are Muslims.

I find it easier to relate to the more normal large families who aren't always talking about God-it is hard to find resources for large families that aren't aimed at Quiverfull people, other than smaller large families of about 5-7. It seems that most of the time, having over 10 kids is a fundie thing.

I would love to see a show about that family with the gay couple who adopted a load of kids. That would make the fundies heads explode.

There have been specials on these two: http://www.today.com/news/superdads-couple-adopts-14-kids-foster-care-4B11187918

It appears that Jessa or one of the older girls are running the official Duggar Instagram and Twitter page. Of course, they are posting selfies and pictures of the family on the book tour. Ben is even tweeting at @duggarfam saying "I miss you sweetheart". I would never think any of the Duggar kids are allowed to use social media until they get married.

It appears that Jessa or one of the older girls are running the official Duggar Instagram and Twitter page. Of course, they are posting selfies and pictures of the family on the book tour. Ben is even tweeting at @duggarfam saying "I miss you sweetheart". I would never think any of the Duggar kids are allowed to use social media until they get married.

Does Ben follow Gothard? And I suspect that Jessa didn't really want this courtship. It seems to me her parents forced her to do it for the sake of their tv show.

i don't follow the maxwells, so can someone give me a quick rundown why steve is the worst?!

He's the devil times 10. No freedom for his children or wife, controls everything, no fun at all, eat, pray,more praying and eating, his daughters aren't allowed to get married,everything is evil, brained washed his children to keep them from leaving or questioning him. He's basically a nutcase who needs professional help. I thought there could be no other person worser than the Duggars or Gothard, Steve proved me wrong

How is he missing her? Last I read, he was on the book tour with them.

Check out their instagram. There's a video of the girls telling how the book tour is going. Jinger's tone of voice and expression say different.

At best, Smuggar runs it. Otherwise, it's likely a TLC ploy to grab viewers via social media. Ben obviously knows Jessa will see the posts at some point. I think it's more likely Smuggar because he can easily text Boob, who would in turn show Jessa the tweet(s) - all nice and properly chaperoned. Smugs is the only Duggar with Twitter aside from Amy, and he works at generating buzz through social media as part of his "job."

Does Ben follow Gothard? And I suspect that Jessa didn't really want this courtship. It seems to me her parents forced her to do it for the sake of their tv show.

Wasn't Ben a VFer, though? Poor little dude. Had to go through the trauma of losing one leader only to convert and lose another. :D

Maybe the Duggars will end their Today Show appearances now that Savannah Guthrie announced her pregnancy at her wedding reception.

Wedding bells are ringing for Savannah Guthrie — and baby bells, too!

"I — well, we — are four months pregnant," Savannah announced to guests at the candlelit reception dinner after the NBC News "Special Report" music played! The crowd erupted in screams and cheers.

"We are so excited, overjoyed and feel so blessed," she said Monday on TODAY.

"It's funny, 'cause we set the wedding date, I bought my dress, and then I found out," she said. "So I've been doing a little praying that I would fit in it, and it all worked out."

http://t.today.com/news/married-savannah-guthrie-weds-mike-feldman-2D79381416

Check out their instagram. There's a video of the girls telling how the book tour is going. Jinger's tone of voice and expression say different.

I've looked and I can't find this video. Help!

Archived