IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - general discussion Part 4

happy atheist

I think Anna is genuinely happy with where she is in life. Remember how last season she was talking about having 'baby fever' when marcus was maybe 6 months old? She has bought into the lifestyle and seems very content. It probably helps that she has it easy compared to many fundie women. The Duggar family fame has provided financial stability, a good home, and opportunities to travel that she never had growing up.

I also think she's happy. The marriage seems good (for ultra-fundies), she has all the advantages of a Duggar daughter without having dealt with a dozen plus younger siblings, and she wants lots of babies...which will provide her with even more attention and benefits.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really think there's some truth to Jordyn's (or was it Jenny?) slip-up. I predict a courtship announcement from Jill before the end of the season, maybe earlier if they want to upstage Alyssa Bates's wedding. Toddlers speak the truth.

Maybe that Skyler guy? He is a bit young for Jana...

Also, I predict a JD/Heidi Query relationship relatively soon too.

Could it be a Duggar/Maxwell courtship. There was some speculation about a courtship between the two families.

What is not Christian about using a gift card?

The Duggar form of Christianity would share that gift with those in need since the Duggars are no longer "in need". Jesus first, Others second, you last.

Extra gave them a gift card to go clothes shopping? I bet it wasn't to a modest store. These people are ridiculous.

The little girls run around like unkept kids anyway. J'Chelle doesn't give two shits about them. :wtf:

It looked like it was to H & M. Not modest at all!

H&M actually sells some pretty modest clothes. Most of the clothes I bought when I was dressing most modestly were from H&M. They even had an ankle-length denim skirt.

My daughter just got a couple of below the knee cute skirts and some shirts that were modest by Duggar standards there.

Could it be a Duggar/Maxwell courtship. There was some speculation about a courtship between the two families.

If there is, I hope it's a Maxwell girl and Duggar boy. I hope none of the girls are sent to the hell fire!

I think Anna is genuinely happy with where she is in life. Remember how last season she was talking about having 'baby fever' when marcus was maybe 6 months old? She has bought into the lifestyle and seems very content. It probably helps that she has it easy compared to many fundie women. The Duggar family fame has provided financial stability, a good home, and opportunities to travel that she never had growing up.

Heck, I think it wasn't even 2 weeks later; it was while one of the J'slaves brought baby clothes from the compound all the way to DC for M3.

How on earth did they get on that subject?

If that's all he's worth and if their investments don't do well, their offspring don't stand to inherit much after taxes when Michelle and Boob die and the estate is liquidated. And that's assuming the parents don't eat into that with health expenses in later life. Yet another reason it sucks to have so many siblings.

"And to number 18, we bequeath all hairbrushes, combs and half-used cans of aerosol hairspray, in the hopes that personal grooming, which has been sadly lacking in her life, becomes a priority for her."

Shouldn't have much inheritance tax with only 3 million and all those kids....assuming the girls get any. Do girls inherit in fundie land, or are they their husband's problem?

Most relatively simple estates (cash, publicly traded securities, small amounts of other easily valued assets, and no special deductions or elections, or jointly held property) do not require the filing of an estate tax return. A filing is required for estates with combined gross assets and prior taxable gifts exceeding $1,500,000 in 2004 - 2005; $2,000,000 in 2006 - 2008; $3,500,000 for decedents dying in 2009; and $5,000,000 or more for decedent's dying in 2010 and 2011 (note: there are special rules for decedents dying in 2010); $5,120,000 in 2012, $5,250,000 in 2013 and $5,340,000 in 2014.

If there is, I hope it's a Maxwell girl and Duggar boy. I hope none of the girls are sent to the hell fire!

Steve will never let His daughters marry. And I don't think there would ever be a Maxwell/Duggar courtship.

I often wonder if any grand baby from a daughter's side would be getting less publicity or would be valued less because she is no longer carrying the duggar name and the grandbaby will be a Seewald , or in the case of the Bates the baby (if Erin ever gets pregnant) will be a Paine.

Is there a strong preference for the male line in those families (because of the name)?

And: With so many marriages and children isn't it hard to keep track of how people are related genetically? what about cousin marriage? do they track their (massive, wide spread) family trees? I image it must be getting pretty complicated when you reach 3rd or 4th generation within this cult. just imagine the complexity of it all....

I know from my family (not fundie, but centuries of living in the same area with relatively few people (no big city near where fluctuation would have been high)) that anyone who in genetic terms was further away than 2nd cousin was considered "not related at all", so they would have somebody to marry. this was all before the invention of cars and busses, of course. I imagine in this cult it's almost the same but with even more children who are related.

I would be VERY disappointed if there were a Duggar/Maxwell courtship. Especially if it's poor Jana.

I would be VERY disappointed if there were a Duggar/Maxwell courtship. Especially if it's poor Jana.

I would absolutely weep for her. She deserves better than that.

I hope Jimbob doesn't give any of his daughters to Steve. It would be absolutely unforgivably cruel. It would be like sacrificing her to Satan and forcing her to spend her life in hell.

i don't follow the maxwells, so can someone give me a quick rundown why steve is the worst?!

i don't follow the maxwells, so can someone give me a quick rundown why steve is the worst?!

He's incredibly controlling and restrictive. He doesn't allow fun in the house (yes, there was an article written on how fun is ungodly). His adult children are not allowed out of his sight, despite the fact that one owns his own house. The girls seem not to be permitted to marry- ever. If there is anything that any of the family members particularly enjoy or get too good at, it becomes banned for being an idol. I could go on and on, but basically if it's fun and interesting, or involves unmarried people or women enjoying themselves, it's not allowed.

They are twice as controlling as regular fundies. They schedule their day in 15 minute blocks and do nothing but clean and pray. They don't believe in fun and don't even allow secular things that aren't in any way bad-the only books they read are the ones they wrote, the Bible and instruction manuals on how to do stuff. They censored nursery rhyme lyrics from a music book because it would be taking up space in their mind that could be used for God. Their kids have no friends, they don't even hang out with other fundies. They have an unmarried daughter in her 30s who is treated like she is 10. If his kids enjoy something or are better than average at something he takes it away.

They are twice as controlling as regular fundies. They schedule their day in 15 minute blocks and do nothing but clean and pray. They don't believe in fun and don't even allow secular things that aren't in any way bad-the only books they read are the ones they wrote, the Bible and instruction manuals on how to do stuff. They censored nursery rhyme lyrics from a music book because it would be taking up space in their mind that could be used for God. Their kids have no friends, they don't even hang out with other fundies. They have an unmarried daughter in her 30s who is treated like she is 10. If his kids enjoy something or are better than average at something he takes it away.

This kind of remind me of the movie Dogtooth (minus all the sex bits; also, warning, it's kind of a messed up movie, but still an interesting watch).

It saddens me if this is the case.

I think at this point in time Jill had the best shot of making it out alive. Her midwifery training gives her a valid skill base that she could use in the real world, not just fundie land. She's had a chance to have many interactions with people out side of the movement, and had a chance to lead a semi-independent life due to her work, i.e not having to tag along on every family outing, but getting some time to herself.

It wouldn't surprise me if she was being married off quick before she can become too worldly :cry:

it was mentioned earlier in the thread.

I've heard J'Chelle tell Josie that Jana is "Her Jana Buddy". It's so obvious how checked out J'Chelle is. I feel for all of those kids. They got such a shitty deal, and have no way of getting out of it.

funny that jessa's name was missed. both by huffpo, and by j'chelle.

"jessa? who's jessa?" "the one who is drawing all the ratings in this season" "ohhhhhhh.... jessa......."

funny that jessa's name was missed. both by huffpo, and by j'chelle.

"jessa? who's jessa?" "the one who is drawing all the ratings in this season" "ohhhhhhh.... jessa......."

I didn't notice that, but lol :D Poor girl, her courtship is the only thing that actually meant she got noticed that day. Shes not usually one they focus on in the episodes, and this season is going to be pretty much all about Jessa.

At least we actually got to hear her give her opinions on her courtship, instead of Michelle and Jimbob talking for her.

Archived