IGNORED

Duggars, Duggars Everywhere - general discussion Part 4

happy atheist

Maybe the Duggars will end their Today Show appearances now that Savannah Guthrie announced her pregnancy at her wedding reception.

http://t.today.com/news/married-savannah-guthrie-weds-mike-feldman-2D79381416

Eh, they were interviewed more than once by a pregnant lesbian. I'm not sure that matters to them that much.

That said, I'm surprised they did Good Morning America before Today.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, poor Amy Duggar has broken up with another boyfriend, the baseball player. She took down all of his pics on instagram (and there were a lot, all with captions about him being a "keeper" and "the one") and posted a pic simply saying, "guard your heart." she is very unlucky in love.

Wow! Savannah Guthrie is a sinner. Guess no more Today Show appearances for them. Do they forget that Famy was born out of wedlock? Hypocrites.

It's so sad that courtship and marriage is the only out these kids have. They should be living their own lives. Not being dragged around in their parents money making show. They're people. Not circus performers. Free the Duggar kids!

I hope this book tour isn't keeping Ben from his studies. Midterms are here. Next week is spring break though, so then he should be able to do some gallivanting. Anyway, I hope he doesn't fall behind because he's being a Duggar.

I just had a scary thought... TLC cameras in the student center.

Jinger's still awesome then? :) Yay-don't let them crush that spirit.

I've always thought that Jinger is the type who outwardly toes the line, but is inwardly rebelling. In an environment like that, it's really all you can do, unless you want to take up permanent residence at JTTH, and with JB's influence and money, such a thing could happen.

So, poor Amy Duggar has broken up with another boyfriend, the baseball player. She took down all of his pics on instagram (and there were a lot, all with captions about him being a "keeper" and "the one") and posted a pic simply saying, "guard your heart." she is very unlucky in love.

Sad for her!

10 bucks says Uncle Boob will use her as an example at the next family prayer gathering.

Wow! Savannah Guthrie is a sinner. Guess no more Today Show appearances for them. Do they forget that Famy was born out of wedlock? Hypocrites.

The Duggars never said they weren't doing the Today show anymore, so they aren't hypocrites in this sense... Just sayin'... :shifty:

This kind of thing makes me worry for Amy. I don't want Jim Bob swooping in when Amy is going through something difficult and pressuring her into following his brand of fundie-ism, or making her feel like her life would be better if she gave up dating.

Awwww that's sad. I hope that one day Amy finds an awesome man who will love her forever and have a happy life. I hope her aunt and uncle dont call her a slut behind her back and use her unluckiness in relationships as a reason why their kids shouldn't date. Its not her fault that she isn't lucky with love, and it isn't because she dates instead of courts, or because she has given away her purity to a man she didn't marry, or didn't let her dad choose.

What does she do all day? Just suck off her family's fame

Awwww that's sad. I hope that one day Amy finds an awesome man who will love her forever and have a happy life. I hope her aunt and uncle dont call her a slut behind her back and use her unluckiness in relationships as a reason why their kids shouldn't date. Its not her fault that she isn't lucky with love, and it isn't because she dates instead of courts, or because she has given away her purity to a man she didn't marry, or didn't let her dad choose.

Knowing JB we would use her as an example of guarding your heart

I have patience with Amy in this regard. Every boyfriend in 'the one' and just dreamy and sooo perfect!! Until the next one and the one after that and the one....even if JB did not say anything, The J girls probably see her as some one who they would not care to emulate.

I swear I know a girl exactly like Amy... she goes from boyfriend to boyfriend, and every single one is 'the one' and 'so amazing' and she's 'sooo lucky' to have him etc. etc. etc. until the inevitable... a tragic breakup. After a few weeks of sad Facebook posts, another guy has appeared, and guess what? He's the one! He's sooo perfect and amazing! She's so lucky to have him! And then... wash, rinse, repeat. She's the type of person who can't live without male attention and approval... don't know if that's the case for Amy, but maybe she should try just being single for awhile...

Amy, Amy, Amy... Sorry she's hurting, but at least she's free to be young and live life.

I went through the same trials and tribulations, usually i was the one doing the breaking hearts lol...luckily there was no internet then for me to have to delete all the exes pics from. Back then you just tore up and burned snapshots.

I think Amy's problem is immaturity and a shallow personality. She's bubbly and fun to be with but after a few weeks or months that wears thin and the guy wants more substance while Amy wants an engagement and the result is a break up. Just my view but I think at least a couple of years at a college at least an hour from home would do her a world of good.

Her 'life' as we know it consist of serial dating, hobby jobs, playing at a singing career, mooching off her cousins fame and face book pontificating about it all ....rinse, lather repeat, for the last several years.

And at least she's free to do that. She cadges the duggar 'fame' but does her own thing.

Maybe one or more of the Duggar girls will want more from life by having seen Amy do as she pleases.

And i'm no Amy fan-far from it!

Eta with all of Amy's shortcomings her life is great compared to the Fab Fours.

10 bucks says Uncle Boob will use her as an example at the next family prayer gathering.

Ugh, you just know he will. What I would like to say, at the family prayer meeting as a rebuttal, is this:

Yes, Cousin Amy is hurting, & that sucks. And she could have avoided that hurt by "guarding her heart" & following the courtship model. But guess what, I bet she learned a whole lot from this relationship. She learned more about who she, herself is. She learned what she wants & doesn't want out of a relationship. She learned how she wants to be treated & how she would want to feel in a relationship. Maybe she learned how she does & doesn't want to communicate, & how to do that more effectively. She learned what NOT to look for in a future partner, and maybe some non-negotiables. She's also going to learn how strong she is, that she can overcome trials & tribulations, & that she can pick herself up & dust herself off and she's a better person for the experience. She also might be a better girlfriend &/or wife because of the experience. This is life. It's not always nice & pretty & comfortable. But the more we fall, the more we learn how to better avoid those pot holes & learn how to recover & heal.

Famy has had more boyfriends than J'Chelle and Boob have kids. Give it a rest. Make something of yourself. Stop riding on your aunt and uncle's coattails.

Archived