IGNORED

Bill Nye and Ken Ham Creation/Evolution Debate

Ralar

Man is he a self promotor then anything else. He really insults all Christians who don't believe how he does. Hey the bible is misunderstood when it comes to the bad parts.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm reading the comments on the Answers in Genesis facebook page. A few people seem to think that Ham might be able to open Nye's heart to "the truth" and see this as an evangelism tool. Seriously, how can they think Nye will just suddenly become a young earth creationist in the middle of a debate?

I think Nye is being very calm and professional, much cooler than I would be.

I'm reading the comments on the Answers in Genesis facebook page. A few people seem to think that Ham might be able to open Nye's heart to "the truth" and see this as an evangelism tool. Seriously, how can they think Nye will just suddenly become a young earth creationist in the middle of a debate?

I think Nye is being very calm and professional, much cooler than I would be.

I would've long crossed over and tackled Ham for making my head hurt with his stupid.

Ham is going on about how there's nothing else like the Bible out here, and I feel like he must not know much about other religions because plenty of other religions have myths that explain these things too.

Back to the plan of salvation for Ham. I really think that is the only reason he did this.

Ham is two seconds away from having an altar call and having an organist softly playing "Just As I Am" in the background.

This is so true that it really made me laugh out loud.

It's one of Ham's major arguments (in general, not just this debate) that you have to believe in a literal Genesis in order to believe in the rest of the Bible/Christianity at all. I think that preoccupation is why he might be wandering off onto all these other topics that don't appear (to the rational mind) to be relevant. It's an in-house Christian argument about Biblical literalism and the relationship of the Genesis account to the rest of the Christian message really, not a science/faith argument about origins, what we can know, and how we can know it. I think Ham argues from a sort of circular moral teleology to support his position rather than from scientific or historical evidence. Something like "society is declining because gay marriage is unnatural because God made Adam and Eve so you have to believe in Adam and Eve in order to have a moral society." Etc.

I didn't actually watch the debate, though, so my opinion may not apply this time. I heard all I could take of him in my fundie teen years.

did you all hear folks chanting "Bill Bill Bill Bill" in the background?:)

did you all hear folks chanting "Bill Bill Bill Bill" in the background?:)

I did, at least I think I did. Bill Nye owned this debate. Ken Ham pretty much just preached a boring sermon over and over.

I did, at least I think I did. Bill Nye owned this debate. Ken Ham pretty much just preached a boring sermon over and over.

Yes they were.

This is so true that it really made me laugh out loud.

:lol: When he started going on about salvation, again, it brought me back to my fundie church days.

I swear, this guy cannot grasp what the debate was actually about. I will say it again, if Ken Ham is a seasoned debater, I will eat my hat. He is a rambling, incoherent hot mess.

Well if heaven is full of hams I want to be a vegetarian and avoid it.

Dude, just be like those tigers before the Fall, and you'll totally be a vegetarian:)

I kept cracking up at the looks Bill was giving Ken whenever he would start rambling on with some nonsense that wasn't even related to the question.

I kept cracking up at the looks Bill was giving Ken whenever he would start rambling on with some nonsense that wasn't even related to the question.

e3TyFMB.png

Archived