IGNORED

Bill Nye and Ken Ham Creation/Evolution Debate

Ralar

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mean to sound disrespectful but I am not Christian and, thus, do not follow the Christian bible. Is the world God created our earth? I ask because if, one of these days, alien life-forms visit earth, are they supposed to be Christians as well? What if they look like the stereotypical bug-like creatures portrayed in Sci-Fi movies? I guess what I am saying is does the bible say the entire universe, known and unknown, was created by God?

I don't mean to sound disrespectful but I am not Christian and, thus, do not follow the Christian bible. Is the world God created our earth? I ask because if, one of these days, alien life-forms visit earth, are they supposed to be Christians as well? What if they look like the stereotypical bug-like creatures portrayed in Sci-Fi movies? I guess what I am saying is does the bible say the entire universe, known and unknown, was created by God?

According to Ken Ham there are no aliens. And since he also said that nothing would ever change his mind, if bug aliens showed up to make fun of his creation museum he would still not believe. But for people like him God created everything known and unknown in those six days.

According to Ken Ham there are no aliens. And since he also said that nothing would ever change his mind, if bug aliens showed up to make fun of his creation museum he would still not believe.

Someone with Photoshop -- we need a visual of aliens in the Creation Museum, looking skeptical and/or laughing their little gray asses off!

What?! You mean your Sunday school lessons didn't have stories about half-demon half-humans roaming the world and Noah using advanced technology? :lol:

The demons having babies with humans has the potential of being an awesome YA book.

It could have been better if Bella wasn't such a whining milksop. If only Percy could have crossed over and punched her.

I grew up in the Methodist church, going to Sunday school weekly. In fact my parents taught both child and adult Sunday school classes over the years. The only clear memories I have from all of those years is crafts and snack time.

We spent one entire year spelling out the 10 commandments in dried alphabet soup letters and gluing them onto tongue depressors. Once, finished they were attached into a jaunty wall hanging.

So why I would like to think us Methodists are superior for not worrying about such issues as demon halflings and being born again, obviously our taste in crafts is a bit suspect. This may have contributed to my current agnostic leanings.

I was pretty well versed in the bible, but my dad (also a sunday school teacher) never suggested it was literal,and once when I asked a question about some rule (remarriage for women as well as men, when some fundie got all twitchy about women remarrying, ever) my dad said "You know, the social rules were written by what was basically a bunch of Bedouins in the desert a few thousand years ago...." so, I wasn't ever hobbled by literalism.

The crafts you describe sound like bible school projects. Perhaps that is why I hate crafty things.

Our Christmas crafts usually included making baby Jesus in a manger using part of a foam egg carton, some shredded paper and a tiny plastic baby. I still have one that I hang up every year that I made in 1983.

I would support the idea of not giving credence to the creationists by debating them IF they were a small fringe group. Sadly, they are not. Many will never change their minds, true, but some will and that's progress, right? People that care about science education must be in the business of sowing seeds of doubt this population.

Archived