IGNORED

Bill Nye and Ken Ham Creation/Evolution Debate

Ralar

This isn't a "debate". It's an opportunity for Ham to yap endlessly about his religion. And no, he doesn't know anything about science.

This is the first alleged debate I've ever heard in which one party is able to lecture without being challenged for half an hour. And I also enjoyed the backhanded comment from the moderator about "giving Mr. Nye respect for his views." Uh, the fundies really think Ham made his points?

and you expected different? this is what I was trying to say.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no point in a debate on if God created the world in six 24 hours days to bring up anti-gay marriage stuff. And he went into the plan of salvation.

That schematic is like one of the first things you view when you go into the museum. Not surprised he pulled that one out:(

No wonder Ham has only had one other public debate. The guy is honestly one of the worst debaters I have ever seen. I am not exaggerating. "God created man. Oh look, there is a squirrel!!!"

As a person who believes in both evolution and creationism Bill is schooling Ken.

I liked that at the beginning that Bill pointed out that lots of people believe in evolution and in God creating the world.

He is totally disapproving the flood with kangaroos.

Well, it IS a kangaroo court. I suppose Bill Nye just wanted to stick with the theme. :D

yes Noah's family TOTALLY could have cared for the animals on the Ark! There are awesome little models with barbies at the museum showing this with the animals in little cages;) Just like how my own barbies could fly when I played with them!

Traditional fish sex! :lol: Fundies are so not letting their kids watch this. He is explaining why we need to have sex.

Traditional fish sex! :lol: Fundies are so not letting their kids watch this. He is explaining why we need to have sex.

:lol: That Godless man talking about fish sex in front of the children!!

and you expected different? this is what I was trying to say.

I was stupid enough to think that they actually cared what Bill Nye is trying to tell them. It's unfortunate that everything he has said so far to the Bible-thumpers will go in one ear and out the other.

One can only imagine the amount of prayer bombarding the non-fundie as he does his best to explain why they don't know what they're talking about, or what they actually believe.

Fun fact: Bill Nye worked with my uncle at Boeing for a few years. I had a beer with him just before I met my husband. I was off the hook with my family re: dating after that.

I was stupid enough to think that they actually cared what Bill Nye is trying to tell them. It's unfortunate that everything he has said so far to the Bible-thumpers will go in one ear and out the other.

One can only imagine the amount of prayer bombarding the non-fundie as he does his best to explain why they don't know what they're talking about, or what they actually believe.

Fun fact: Bill Nye worked with my uncle at Boeing for a few years. I had a beer with him just before I met my husband. I was off the hook with my family re: dating after that.

Do not count everyone out. There very well could be someone out in that audience eyes opened after this and question. This is less about changing Ham and more about exposing the audience to science and education.

So Ham's argument is basically "you weren't there so you can't know"?

Pretty much, but what does that say about his religion and believing in Christ? Ham was not there, so.....

Bill "I ask for proof, you give me verses translated by people over thousands of years. It is like playing telephone."

Archived