IGNORED

Bill Nye and Ken Ham Creation/Evolution Debate

Ralar

I'm watching.

I posted it on FB as did others. Only the atheists were posting it though. I want to know what my christian friends think.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm watching it. Hamm's opening statement killed a few brain cells though, so I might not be able to sit through his presentation.

http://debatelive.org/

So who is watching? Ken Hamm has gotten old. Bill Nye is one of those people who never seems to age.

just flipped over to it, want to follow along as much as I can.....

edited to ask if I just heard the pharse "atheist lobby?" You guys have a lobby?

So Hamm is basically using the "Were you there?" argument right now, isn't he?

And why is he focusing so much on stuff that has nothing to do with evolution, like the development of the MRI?

I haven't gotten an invitation to the atheist lobby. :cry: So it seems like he is using we weren't there so evolution is faith.

yeah we weren't there so we don't know is the argument at the museum that they use in regards to the Grand Canyon. They have a video abut this that I watched FOUR TIMES because it was so confusing.

Does Ken seem to be blathering on about nothing to anyone else. He jumps from we have scientist too, to Darwin wrote "I think" to evolution has been hijacked by the heathens. It doesn't really flow or prove anything.

I muted him around the "I think" bit. From what I heard I feel like he doesn't really get how you provide proof of your argument...it was really weird.

Creationists should be educating the children about science because they are the only ones who really understand how to do it. :angry-banghead:

Ken Ham is painful to listen to. He keeps repeating the same thing over and over, talking about public schools, and trying to convience everyone there really are scientist that are Christian. He truly is all over the place.

Skilled debater, my ass.

There is no point in a debate on if God created the world in six 24 hours days to bring up anti-gay marriage stuff. And he went into the plan of salvation.

What the hell is Ham going on about? Does he know how a debate works? Why is he talking about marriage, abortion, and euthanasia? Stick to the question, Ken. Now he is witnessing saying Jesus died for us? Good grief.

So according to him, science -- 'scuse me, I mean naturalism -- is also the cause of all moral decay in society. Okay then.

And did he just say he's a science teacher? WTF?

hate to tell him this but marriage is far older then the bible. when you only have a bible everything needs a good thumping. yes scientists are indoctrinating our children. right not like he is trying to do that of course.

This isn't a "debate". It's an opportunity for Ham to yap endlessly about his religion. And no, he doesn't know anything about science.

This is the first alleged debate I've ever heard in which one party is able to lecture without being challenged for half an hour. And I also enjoyed the backhanded comment from the moderator about "giving Mr. Nye respect for his views." Uh, the fundies really think Ham made his points?

Archived